Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it too late for someone with a small savings to get involved in Bitcoin?  (Read 882 times)
Rate

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:13:03 AM

It will become too late once you missed this chance after you post this thread. Invest what you can afford, never put your money in 1 basket. Better to study first before you make an investment.

Buy Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wabbits

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:58:29 AM

A friend of mine began talking about Bitcoin with me a few months ago... When it was valued at $2,000 a piece. A price point in which I can work with!
Within what feels like a blink of an eye, it's now at $15 k and all I can wonder is how a "small timer" like me can get involved. Have I missed the mark?

It's never too late.
Ru1016

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:36:53 PM

never too late. keep in mind bill gates and others think bitcoin will reach $1million USD/coin.  who knows if that will happen, but 3 years from now the conversation could be, "remember when bitcoin was only $19k?!"

who knows
VolgaSmart

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 09:14:00 PM

Maybe in 5 years it will be late. Now is hot time to make money in the crypto world. Start with airdrops and bounties.
borgx

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:42:52 PM

A friend of mine began talking about Bitcoin with me a few months ago... When it was valued at $2,000 a piece. A price point in which I can work with!
Within what feels like a blink of an eye, it's now at $15 k and all I can wonder is how a "small timer" like me can get involved. Have I missed the mark?

When Bitcoin price was $500 also many people was talking that it is the end and Bitcoin will be dead soon. Now you can see how it looks.
In other words there is never too late to invest in Bitcoin even little amounts! Wink

I dont think this is true anymore for bitcoin. My reasoning for that, is that bitcoin fees for transferring money is crazy right now, and that there are better and better alternatives around.

Sure bitcoin is most popular, but slowly and steadily people realise that this hyped bitcoin isnt even the best coin. Its just the most valuable right now.
In the future it will probaly rise more, but at some point the maximum amount of coins will be mined as well, and then what?

I rather suggest bitcoin cash, as it also generates a fair amount of hype. Hype is important, because that attracts people to it. Since it got some positive development in the near future, i think this coin is only going to rise. Probaly nowwhere near the "real" bitcoin, but still worth investing in.
(again, better alternatives then bitcoin cash in terms of coin abilitys, but that does not take away that alot of eyes and investors are all over this coin, purely because the name "bitcoin" in it.)
Samj16

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:30:30 PM

Its not to late for you to join bitcoin. Big or small savings its ok. You can invest an amount that you can afford to lose. Just dont expect that you will get easily on the top. Just to think for a long term goal with bitcoin.Smiley

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
dilmocoiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:09:23 AM

in my view, no matter how big the price seems as compared to the past, we are very far away from the cryptos potential value. Though there is no exact way of measuring that potential, you can compare the crypto market with other markets to have an idea

but one of the main reasons that make me believe that the value has a long way to go before it reaches it's peak is the fact that bitcoin is still very user unfriendly.

right now it's almost impossible for a grandma to use bitcoin safely. Avoiding hacker attacks, learning to use a wallet such as electrum, setting up a hardware wallet, keeping the seed safe, creating a decent pin, checking the address before sending a transaction (they probably can't even see the tiny letters), triple checking the amount to be sent. All it takes is one screw up

But this could well change in the future, when more of the demand for cryptocurrencies starts coming from the unsavy. Because this creates a market for services targeted at making the coins safe and easy to be used by the average person

And when this happens, and regular people start feeling like it's safe to use cryptocurrency, the room for the market to grow will increase tremendously.

(yes i took this idea from andreas antonopoulos, I just worded it differently)
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 08:14:48 AM

Its never to late to start. maybe do not start with BTC but with a alt coin. there are a lot of promising alt coins. for example i think xby is going to do great. deeponion is my starting alt also hoping that this wil grow next year. but beyond these 2 a lot of other alts have great promise so maybe check there

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
aliwinchester

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:20:12 AM

I would advise you to wait this year and not buy anything. There is a version that soon there will be a correction, after which it will be possible to purchase at a pleasant price
I think with Bitcoin , the earlier will get more profit than the one comes later. So i think your advise is really bad.
sp564

Activity: 86
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:08:03 AM

It looks very likely that it will increase over the longer time, so it isn't too late. Just don't be disappointed if it drops in the short term!

J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:13:53 AM

I would advise you to wait this year and not buy anything. There is a version that soon there will be a correction, after which it will be possible to purchase at a pleasant price

That's actually really bad advice. People were waiting for the dip when bitcoin hit $2000 and here we are, they're still waiting I'm assuming (and missing out at the same time). And even if there comes a correction you will have to be very lucky snatching something up under $10,000. But you really have to ask yourself the following questions: Can I afford to lose the money I put in? And if so how much am I wiling to put in at the current price regardless if the price will go down tomorrow? If you can't answer on either you're most likely not fit to invest in a cryptocurrency at all.
Jasell

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 01:00:45 PM

Yesterday was the best time to invest but it's never too late to start now! Cheesy

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:30:31 PM

No it is not cause even if you have low amount of money which you can invest, you could try risk with thrash and after that transfer them into bitcoin or start earning bitcoin in campaign and hodl your income!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:48:27 AM

It's never too late to invest, but remember, nothing is without risk. Plenty of people were asking the same thing when bitcoin went to 1k and they felt like they'd missed out. Then people at 4k said the same thing. Then at 10k etc etc. Will you in a few years time be ruing your decision not to buy in at 18k or whatever it's at now? With that being said, bitcoin is still always going to be a risky investment whatever price you buy in at, but the question you have to ask yourself is do you believe in bitcoin? If you do and you think it can go much higher then you should take the risk, but only invest what you can afford to lose. If you can't take the risk then maybe don't and just wait for your time to try buy in if the price ever falls.
FinStar34900

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:56:47 PM

According to the current trend in bitcoin prices it is clear that bitcoin will continue to grow and evolve even with the emergence of different altcoins. Even small investments could be fairly rewarding, although one must consider the risks they are taking to invest in bitcoins as there's always a chance of losing your money.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:37:37 PM

To be honest, no one can determine how high the price of Bitcoin can go.
Few years ago there were faucets that were giving away up to 5 BTC a day for free. It was dust and nobody expected that the price could ever grow so much. It is possible that in the next few years someone will say the same about 5 satoshi. I think it is worth investing even small amounts in Bitcoin.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:47:30 PM

Not at all! You can buy as little as you want. If you want to invest $1,000 you can easily do that. You just won't have a full bitcoin, you will have roughly  .07% of a bitcoin. This amount will still move up and down as bitcoin does.

I hope this helps!

Silver89

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:02:44 PM

I believe the situation with bitcoin will change dramatically after New Year.
So I'd rather wait untill 2018 or invest a small sum in some promising alcoin right now.
amin1372

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:11:43 PM

Never is too late, it is possible to invest now instead of postponing it. Since you think that it is too late.
If you can use fluctuation of this market you can even earn a significant amount of money. But think and study first, then find the best solution.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:24:06 PM

Everyone in the space always feel they are late in here to the Bitcoin world, it never late, you took the rigth step been here,invest into viable coin, overtime your earnings can be use to invest into BTC.When you give up then it is over
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: