Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:09:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SecureChat for Skype Application - Free Giveaway  (Read 1078 times)
Dareyou (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 03:30:13 PM

Hello,

We are developers of SecureChat for Skype application.

We offer to community forum members of Bitcointalk free activation keys as a giveaway of SecureChat in this forum thread.

The time period of this giveaway will be decided at a later time.

In order to claim your free activation key post in this thread that you want one and it will be sent to you by a personal message.

SecureChat is add-on for Skype which offers encrypted secure chat by RSA private public key encryption similar to PGP.
Our application is officially approved by Microsoft and Skype and it’s listed on Skype site:

http://shop.skype.com/apps/Business/SecureChat.html

http://skypesecurechat.com/          ( We accept Bitcoins as well )

The idea of the application is to have absolutely private chat conversation ( via Skype ) and no one could spy and tap you even the government.

Thank you and have a nice day.

SecureChat Team.
SigmaAlt

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 03:36:39 PM

Nice!

I want one! Thanks!

Noticias en español en SobreBitcoin.com
Facebook||Twitter||RSS
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:37:52 PM

I'd like one too aswell for testing the service Smiley
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 04:06:50 PM

I'd appreciate one as well Smiley.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
CryptCard

Activity: 124
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:28:00 AM

For me also please Smiley Sounds really interesting - Would be awesome if Android is also available
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:18:14 AM

I presume you do not disclose your source code (if one needs activation keys)?  So how do we know your crypto is actually doing what it should in a safe way?

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:29:55 AM

May I have one or two? I have a friend that would really like to try it as well. Thank you!
Dareyou (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:40:36 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:42:09 PM by Dareyou

I presume you do not disclose your source code (if one needs activation keys)?  So how do we know your crypto is actually doing what it should in a safe way?

Application connects to internet only once , due to activation process and it never uses internet again.
Encryption in it is quite transparent you could easily see the encrypted flow in Skype's chat windows.
No disk activity at all nothing is saved and backdoored.
Cryptographic protocol is standard RSA 2048. All claimed keys were sent.
Thank you for your interest!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:42:18 AM

That doesn't prove you don't have a backdoor or is vulnerable to side channel attacks.

If this is not open source, not interested.
3btc

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:23:36 AM

^ What he said! Also: I thought it would be mandatory to have an NSA-compliant interface  Cheesy

The time period of this giveaway will be decided at a later time.
Uhm?  Huh Just to be exact - are you referring to the giveaway itself or the validity of the keys?

Sell * Buy * Anything * Decentralized * Free

OpenBazaar.Org
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:54:34 AM

That doesn't prove you don't have a backdoor or is vulnerable to side channel attacks.

If this is not open source, not interested.

Exactly.

Why not simply go for free and open protocols and implementations like Jitsi (https://jitsi.org/) and ZRTP?  In case of this Skype plug-in, both sides need to install it anyway for end-to-end encryption to work.  Then just use Jitsi on both sides. Wink  (Well ok, I admit it is not quite trivial to get it work.  But it can be done, and if you need/want the security, it's the only way to set up an open system.  In fact, isn't Skype itself already an encrypted but proprietary system?  So what's the point in switching to another proprietary provider which you have to trust?)

Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
Dareyou (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:46:44 AM

Uhm?  Huh Just to be exact - are you referring to the giveaway itself or the validity of the keys?

Once activated its lifetime licensed. You can keep backup of your Key.sk file wich is your license for current pc configuration.

In fact, isn't Skype itself already an encrypted but proprietary system?  So what's the point in switching to another proprietary provider which you have to trust?)

The structure and encryption of the Skype network allows 'man in the middle attack'
to be made and be possible only if it's done by the owners of the Skype network
or someone authorized by them.
If you accidently forget Skype signed in on
some of your home or work computers and you are chatting by other pc, so everyone who
has access to your computer could just look at your chat sessions, while you chat
to someone else.
Securechat even helps against hackers, who would steal your Skype password and they could do
the same all the time, without you even suspecting this could be happening.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:48:52 AM

If this is not open source it is not secure. I'm sorry, but please open source.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:01:01 PM

I would recommend Pidgin with the OTR (Off The Record) plugin.

It is open source and *free of charge* and can run over several different IM protocols.

Anything that has been endorsed by a PRISM aiding company like MS should not be trusted IMO.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Dareyou (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 04:54:09 PM

Anything that has been endorsed by a PRISM aiding company like MS should not be trusted IMO.

Its true and we do agree but the key thing in our case is the fact that Microsoft has no power and capability to decrypt the gibberish which is flowing
through its network when it's RSA encrypted and we are to be honest afraid Microsoft will cease our software at some point in the future, but for now everything is quiet.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 05:02:13 PM

Its true and we do agree but the key thing in our case is the fact that Microsoft has no power and capability to decrypt the gibberish which is flowing
through its network when it's RSA encrypted and we are to be honest afraid Microsoft will cease our software at some point in the future, but for now everything is quiet.

Then please give me the link to the source code so I can check it for myself (as Pidgin with OTC does).

If you can't do this then obviously you cannot be trusted.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 06:24:13 PM

I would recommend Pidgin with the OTR (Off The Record) plugin.

It is open source and *free of charge* and can run over several different IM protocols.

Perfectly agreed here.  Pidgin with OTR works very well (and is easy to set up!) for secure chats, which even have forward-secrecy and deniability (with PGP doesn't have for instance).

Dareyou (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 06:24:13 AM

We would but to a trustworthy company which won't spill our source all over the internet.

Promotion goes nicely all have taken activation keys so far.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 06:33:33 AM

We would but to a trustworthy company which won't spill our source all over the internet.

You clearly don't get the point - if I can't build the software *from* the source code *myself* then how could I be sure any executable that you provide is actually using the same source code (so *seeing* the source code is not enough).

There is a reason why open source is the preferred approach to security - it does not require trust.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: