Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:28:03 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between shares and investmend funds  (Read 358 times)
xtajn (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:31:03 PM

Hello Bitcoiners,

I am new to the forum and to bitcoins in general.

I have been reading through the forums (market/securities) and can't seem to wrap my head around the different types of shares.

If I had to buy as an example ASICMINER or Active Mining shares, my understanding is that I am becoming a shareholder of a company which mainly deals with the mining of bitcoins. Furthermore, if I had to purchase Kenilworth shares I would be particpating in a company which actually deals with mineral exploration in "the real world".

On the other hand I have been coming across alot of Investment Fund type of companies. My understanding is that their sole purpose is fanning out their shareholders' money to buy shares such as AMC, lend to coinlenders etc.

Is this correct? And what would you guys recommend a noob to invest in, straight up shares or shares in Investment Funds where a (hopefully) seasoned trader takes care of all the buying/selling? Are there any siginifcant differences in the ways dividends are calculated and paid out?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: