Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:59:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin FOMO is too strong  (Read 956 times)
burnedbyfees (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:24:24 AM

This right here is not a healthy looking chart:

The "old money" guys right now are getting ready to teach us all a valuable lesson, with the daddy of all pumps and we're all walking right into it, because FOMO.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-06/bitcoin-bears-are-excited-about-futures

You've all dropped alts and bought into the pump and we could all get rekt very hard.

Dash = 0.03740196
Ltc = 0.00545000
Eth = 0.02418501
BTC dominance = 67.5%

I say this because I love Bitcoin. This is not healthy for Bitcoin or the market and not sustainable. It's too much too fast. They are pumping it up to short.

bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:28:10 AM

This is NOT about logic, or trading,

The WAR is coming, and the PPL in ASIA traditionally held GOLD and fled during war.

Now GOLD is too hard to carry, and too many airports and bus stations and trains stations have metal detectors where ppl can & will steal your wealth.

Thus this will be the FIRST "WORLD WAR" in history that little people use crypto-currency to flee the 'banker wars'

Interesting thought, all wars are bank wars since 1000 AD, but bankers don't control BTC, so the coming WAR, where does it leave the ppl who make these wars?

It's only can be assumed that they plan to bring the INTERNET down, and make their own crypto on restart.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:30:08 AM

The WAR is coming, and the PPL in ASIA traditionally held GOLD and fled during war.

Now GOLD is too hard to carry, and too many airports and bus stations and trains stations have metal detectors where ppl can & will steal your wealth.

Thus this will be the FIRST "WORLD WAR" in history that little people use crypto-currency to flee the 'banker wars'

Interesting thought, all wars are bank wars since 1000 AD, but bankers don't control BTC, so the coming WAR, where does it leave the ppl who make these wars?

It's only can be assumed that they plan to bring the INTERNET down, and make their own crypto on restart.

Roll Eyes
There's not going to be a world war calm down.

artmaker

Activity: 208

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:59:37 AM

RIP Bitcoin  Cry

To be honest i really dont like with bitcoin price right now  Grin
My plesure to see bitcoin price sink to the ground  Cheesy

not hate Bitcoin just hate the price movement, just to ridiculous
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:03:40 AM

Roll Eyes
Mate we're in it as we speak, there is global acceptance for Bitcoin, can't buy, sell in Us? China will let you,  if Bitcoin is illegal in China, Canada will

Let you to buy, sell. I am without the doubt, we're at war and losing it to Us and wall street, they're accumulating to short Btc and long some other

Coin, they didn't fork Bch by accident when price was under @$3000. what if they short $200Bln on Btc and put them all on Bch? every one will

Switch and say that we knew this crash would happen.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:06:32 AM

RIP Bitcoin  Cry

To be honest i really dont like with bitcoin price right now  Grin
My plesure to see bitcoin price sink to the ground  Cheesy

not hate Bitcoin just hate the price movement, just to ridiculous

It going  into the ground hurts us all, no matter what coin we're in. Like it or not every coin is tied to Bitcoin's fate.

I definitely don't want to see it crash and burn but a correction is needed. Either we have a small one now, say back to 12k, or the pump continues and we have a huge crash and Wall St laughs at us.

At the moment we are adding fuel to the fire ready for when they try to burn Bitcoin down.

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:10:02 AM

Roll Eyes
Mate we're in it as we speak, there is global acceptance for Bitcoin, can't buy, sell in Us? China will let you,  if Bitcoin is illegal in China, Canada will

Let you to buy, sell. I am without the doubt, we're at war and losing it to Us and wall street, they're accumulating to short Btc and long some other

Coin, they didn't fork Bch by accident when price was under @$3000. what if they short $200Bln on Btc and put them all on Bch? every one will

Switch and say that we knew this crash would happen.

Sorry, I missed the part where he said banker war, I'm tired. I thought he was on about U.S vs N. Korea.

I agree it is financial war, not an actual World War 3.

JTPhotography

Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:15:39 AM

Ate up wit FUD
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:17:00 AM

I also agree that BCH could be the coin they pump after shorting BTC.

They'll probably screw with Bitcoin's transactions while they short.

heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:18:42 AM

I'm sure it will be great dump soon) So it will be good idea to sell at least part of BTC at current price. Also alts are recomended to be sold in USD/USDT

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:22:36 AM

I'm sure it will be great dump soon) So it will be good idea to sell at least part of BTC at current price. Also alts are recomended to be sold in USD/USDT

I think you might be right, it's happened every other time, but alts are so low this time that they might not actually go down with BTC this time. They seem to really be acting inverse to BTC a bit.

We're in uncharted waters I think, so familiar patterns don't necessarily apply.

Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:31:31 AM

I am not so sure.  I think we may be seeing the beginning of wide spread adoption.  I noticed that Coinbase had a much higher price than other exchanges today.  This indicates to me that the average Joe is buying on there with credit cards.

The price rise this year is from institutional investors.  Keep in mind that most assets such as stocks are constantly being diluted.  Shares are issued to employees as part of a salary and also can be issued for various other purposes.  So when investigating a stock you need to look at the diluted value.  But bitcoin can not be diluted this way so when new money enters scarcity goes up.

At the beginning of 2017 the market cap of bitcoin was something like 30 billion.  That sounds like a lot, but its peanuts in the grand scheme of things.  A single private hedge fund can be worth 30 B, and there are many many funds.  I am not convinced that this is a pump and dump.  I think this is what should happen when big money comes in.  According to a quick google search the largest hedge fund is worth 122 billion.  That is just one fund.

Look at it this way.  BTC has been compared to gold.  The gold markets have Trillions of dollars moving around.  If even a fraction of that comes to BTC then price will have to skyrocket because of the nature of limited supply.  

If BTC hits 50k, then with 21 million BTC in circulation (there are less, but for the sake of argument), the market cap is somewhere around a trillion.  So does it seem reasonable that this much money will come in to the BTC market?  Take a look at the size of other markets and decide for yourself.
adrov

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:39:09 AM

I am not so sure.  I think we may be seeing the beginning of wide spread adoption.  I noticed that Coinbase had a much higher price than other exchanges today.  This indicates to me that the average Joe is buying on there with credit cards.

The price rise this year is from institutional investors.  Keep in mind that most assets such as stocks are constantly being diluted.  Shares are issued to employees as part of a salary and also can be issued for various other purposes.  So when investigating a stock you need to look at the diluted value.  But bitcoin can not be diluted this way so when new money enters scarcity goes up.

At the beginning of 2017 the market cap of bitcoin was something like 30 billion.  That sounds like a lot, but its peanuts in the grand scheme of things.  A single private hedge fund can be worth 30 B, and there are many many funds.  I am not convinced that this is a pump and dump.  I think this is what should happen when big money comes in.  According to a quick google search the largest hedge fund is worth 122 billion.  That is just one fund.

Look at it this way.  BTC has been compared to gold.  The gold markets have Trillions of dollars moving around.  If even a fraction of that comes to BTC then price will have to skyrocket because of the nature of limited supply.  

If BTC hits 50k, then with 21 million BTC in circulation (there are less, but for the sake of argument), the market cap is somewhere around a trillion.  So does it seem reasonable that this much money will come in to the BTC market?  Take a look at the size of other markets and decide for yourself.

Well said, I like your perspective.

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:41:24 AM

Interesting perspective my friend and some of it will be from your average Joe seeing the price and thinking "I'll have some of that".

My issue is not growth, I think BTC could be $100k by the end of 2019, my issue is this current growth spurt and the shear rate of it.

With any financial instrument that rises this sharply there's always solid, perfectly reasonable sounding arguments that this time it's different, that the sharp rise can be explained by XYZ, but there's always a downside to a rise that sharp. The only question for me is where the pump stops and how low will the other side of that peak be.

SirEGB

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:57:28 AM

My thoughts exactly, but if you're on the ride then you'll very much walk away with a big payday.
8270thNinja

Activity: 210

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:59:04 AM

That might happen. World war vs Bitcoin. We cannot set aside that these Bankers is attacking Bitcoin without ceasing and that's the fact that we should understand, they will not let Bitcoin to take over the Fiat that they worked hard to earn up to this day. As of now a lot of people have been giving too much attention to Bitcoin, as we can see the price changes for the last 24 hours, we can now consider that there is a legit FOMO here and with that being said, correction and dip is really possible.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:05:23 AM

Bankers Vs bitcoins

Well thats happening Even right now when we are talking about it thus there is for sure no need to panic.

Also not all banks are looking forward to start a war with bitcoins, luckily some are supporting bitcoins too , besides this many banks are launching cryptocurrencies, means they are seeing the potential the bitcoins has.

When a change comes everyone is for sure skeptical at start thus this is what the banks are facing right now, eventually its going to get accepted because of this large public support thus I don't think there is going to be any war.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
bitfools

Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:11:59 AM

If the average JOE is buying, then U know its game over,

Let's see average joe is paying 20% on credit card, to get BITCOIN? and what? average joe is buyin $100 and paying $20 for fee's to get $80 of bitcoin, of which 90% will sell within 6 months and pay another 20% on exit in 'fees'.

BITCOIN is for rich people to buy a bucket full and have a safe place for their wealth, average joe has $500 cash in bank, and sure as hell, he'll use his credit card to 'get rich',

Just like all the MINERS who use their credit cards to buy graphics boards, and then find out they don't make $10/day before they pay for electricity.

I think most morons are trading alt-btc token, like penny stocks, and trying to get rich there, nobody who buys $100 in BTC is going to get rich, and not even stupid people think this,

The problem here is that ALL want everyone aboard, its not going to happen,

BITCOIN is just a place for the rich to park there money, its not even good for day2day transactions

Most ppl in USA don't have enough money to invest, most can't even pay their bills, most don't even have jobs,

Abroad say in ASIA priority is still to BUY GOLD, that is where the movement will be in BTC, as the chinese have the money

all these pathetic new conduits for idiots to buy/sell BTC is just about transaction fee's for houses that sold tradition stock market SHIT

Certainly obvious that MOST here are day-traders and NOT programmers, the mindset of an idiot is prevalent

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:19:00 AM

Bankers Vs bitcoins

Well thats happening Even right now when we are talking about it thus there is for sure no need to panic.

Also not all banks are looking forward to start a war with bitcoins, luckily some are supporting bitcoins too , besides this many banks are launching cryptocurrencies, means they are seeing the potential the bitcoins has.

When a change comes everyone is for sure skeptical at start thus this is what the banks are facing right now, eventually its going to get accepted because of this large public support thus I don't think there is going to be any war.

If cryptos succeed they will kill central banks, commercial banks and investment banks will go the way of Blockbuster and Kodak, there's no incentive for them to work with and encourage cryptos, and every incentive to work against them. Central banks would literally have no reason to exist.

That's not to say all bankers are this way, but the actual institutions themselves are shitting themselves and they should.

Don't make the mistake of thinking banks will ever be on our side, they'll smile and shake your hand while slipping the knife in your back.

TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:21:40 AM

I actually think that we will continue to see a rise in bitcoin FOMO. Many people have now heard of it, but only a small fraction have bought. I think we will continue to see a rise. Hold on!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: