Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:26:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin FOMO is too strong  (Read 952 times)
BitCoinKeeper

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:23:56 AM

I also agree that BCH could be the coin they pump after shorting BTC.

They'll probably screw with Bitcoin's transactions while they short.

I’m NOT saying you are correct in your analysis. Perhaps today’s astronomical pump, was just a test not so much for the small’s buying during the run up, but a test to see what the capabilities were of the Exchanges in handling the massive buying pump. If it was a giant pump to test those uncharted water, the Exchanges failed miserably. I woke up this early :am (4:00am) and was online and watched it unfold 16k 17k 18k 19k in less than three hrs. I admit I was starting to panic at 18k, as I began to see my Exchange lagging and a few minutes later, it went off line. Nothing I could as I had not moved my total investment to my KeepKey. Granted I had move a substation amount this past Monday, but I had not moved another substantial amount.

So am I wrong in thinking today’s test, was a test of capability. Today’s run up cost some serious dollars, are they now rounding up for another run, for when the CME is Launched.
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:30:29 AM

Really, I don’t see things negatively with it. Bitcoin price now only represents the increasing speed of new investors and user that is joining because of its popularity and price. But I don’t also assume that pump group is not doing anything with it but for a minimun effect only. FUD are present everytime the price is widely and rapidly on the bullish run that is more of what i know.
snohobo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:32:21 AM

This is all unchartered territory. Anyone who claims to know what's happening, what's going to happen, or why it's happening is guessing. Some more educated than others, but still guessing.
burnedbyfees (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:34:51 AM

I’m NOT saying you are correct in your analysis. Perhaps today’s astronomical pump, was just a test not so much for the small’s buying during the run up, but a test to see what the capabilities were of the Exchanges in handling the massive buying pump. If it was a giant pump to test those uncharted water, the Exchanges failed miserably. I woke up this early :am (4:00am) and was online and watched it unfold 16k 17k 18k 19k in less than three hrs. I admit I was starting to panic at 18k, as I began to see my Exchange lagging and a few minutes later, it went off line. Nothing I could as I had not moved my total investment to my KeepKey. Granted I had move a substation amount this past Monday, but I had not moved another substantial amount.

So am I wrong in thinking today’s test, was a test of capability. Today’s run up cost some serious dollars, are they now rounding up for another run, for when the CME is Launched.

Maybe, and maybe the BCH pump that crippled Bitcoin with unconfirmed transactions a while back was also part of this test.

My prediction is; there's a huge BTC pump underway, Bitcoin shorts will be taken out, Bitcoin will have hundreds of thousands of unconfirmed transactions during a monumental dump. The short sellers will make big on the BTC pump and on shorting. The amounts traded on exchanges currently is pocket money to these guys, the market's so easy for them to manipulate.

bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:40:30 AM

That might happen. World war vs Bitcoin. We cannot set aside that these Bankers is attacking Bitcoin without ceasing and that's the fact that we should understand, they will not let Bitcoin to take over the Fiat that they worked hard to earn up to this day. As of now a lot of people have been giving too much attention to Bitcoin, as we can see the price changes for the last 24 hours, we can now consider that there is a legit FOMO here and with that being said, correction and dip is really possible.

The average life of all FIAT in history is 45 years, bankers know this, men of means know this only IDIOTS think that the USD is 'forever'

BITCOIN will replace the notion of the SDR, it will go to $1M USD

Country's will have their own alt-currency's

Time will come that GOV's will collude to BAN the little guy from creating his own crypto, or even mining without a GOV license,

Knowledgeable ppl need to be thinking about privacy, and keeping the current system out of the hands of government centralization.

Bankers KNOW that the era of PAPER-MONEY is over the Era of Crypto-Money has begun.
tanghere1

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:42:52 AM

This is NOT about logic, or trading,

The WAR is coming, and the PPL in ASIA traditionally held GOLD and fled during war.

Now GOLD is too hard to carry, and too many airports and bus stations and trains stations have metal detectors where ppl can & will steal your wealth.

Thus this will be the FIRST "WORLD WAR" in history that little people use crypto-currency to flee the 'banker wars'

Interesting thought, all wars are bank wars since 1000 AD, but bankers don't control BTC, so the coming WAR, where does it leave the ppl who make these wars?

It's only can be assumed that they plan to bring the INTERNET down, and make their own crypto on restart.

Roll Eyes
There's not going to be a world war calm down.

I'm literally laughing out loud when I read this. Yes calm down there won't be a world war. LOL

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 03:43:08 AM

Seeing the current bull trend of bitcoin, it makes me nervous each time it surge because I am thinking how low will it be when it makes the correction and besides that, it seems this signs are showing to what is happening right now. Maybe it will happen sooner or later or maybe it will be different this time around. Whatever happens, we should always be ready when the storm comes.

I'd like to present the works on major bull trends by H.M Gartley who wrote Profits in the Stock Market (1935).

How to recognise a bull market ending.

1. The daily volume has risen to an all time high.
2. Wide daily fluctuations are a regular occurrence.
3. Nearly everyone you meet appears to be in some way interested in the market.
4. Most financial news writers and financial commentators can see no reasons for any important decline.

"The thought of a bear market being around the corner is not seriously considered".

"A bear who presents what appear to be sound and logical reasons why a collapse is imminent, is considered to be either an out-and-out dyspeptic, or at least a very unpatriotic citizen."

"He can count on being very unpopular".

"Each bull market breeds a crop of traders who fail to recognise the unmistakable signs of a storm."

bitfools

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:44:05 AM

Maybe, and maybe the BCH pump that crippled Bitcoin with unconfirmed transactions a while back was also part of this test.

My prediction is; there's a huge BTC pump underway, Bitcoin shorts will be taken out, Bitcoin will have hundreds of thousands of unconfirmed transactions during a monumental dump. The short sellers will make big on the BTC pump and on shorting. The amounts traded on exchanges currently is pocket money to these guys, the market's so easy for them to manipulate.

On a microscopic scale day2day there will be huge movement, but over-all every war, every currency failure on earth will take BTC to a new high,

Biggest problem for criminal minded is to keep idiots churning their BTC's so they can be stolen on exchanges, pools, or forks.

BTC will go to $1M USD, but the ride will be bumpy, you can watch, or ignore, the outcome will be the same.

Those that HODL will end up RICH, those that churn and day-trade will end up POOR.
bitfools

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:47:18 AM

Seeing the current bull trend of bitcoin, it makes me nervous each time it surge because I am thinking how low will it be when it makes the correction and besides that, it seems this signs are showing to what is happening right now. Maybe it will happen sooner or later or maybe it will be different this time around. Whatever happens, we should always be ready when the storm comes.

I'd like to present the works on major bull trends by H.M Gartley who wrote Profits in the Stock Market (1935).

4. Most financial news writers and financial commentators can see no reasons for any important decline.

"The thought of a bear market being around the corner is not seriously considered".

"A bear who presents what appear to be sound and logical reasons why a collapse is imminent, is considered to be either an out-and-out dyspeptic, or at least a very unpatriotic citizen."

"Each bull market breeds a crop of traders who fail to recognise the unmistakable signs of a storm."

This is quite different, could be applied to GOLD, BITCOIN is not going away.

Traditional STOCK in 1935 was just paper pulled out of their ass and traded on WALL-STREET, not unlike US Dollar fiat today, printed to infinity with zero cost to FRB

BITCOIN represents a new shell, a new totem, a new way for mankind to represent his wealth and transmit it anywhere in the universe.

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:48:58 AM

Mr. H.M Gartley is either a time traveller or it's a familiar pattern. He nailed it I think, just the terminology and the method have changed, it's not "unpatriotic" anymore it's "spreading FUD" . Bitcoin needs a healthy correction or it will fall into this trap.

Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:55:47 AM

Well, I think that is just a normal thing before the hard forks. All people wanna receive free coins. This wave will finish soon after the hard forks.

ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:57:11 AM

That might happen. World war vs Bitcoin. We cannot set aside that these Bankers is attacking Bitcoin without ceasing and that's the fact that we should understand, they will not let Bitcoin to take over the Fiat that they worked hard to earn up to this day. As of now a lot of people have been giving too much attention to Bitcoin, as we can see the price changes for the last 24 hours, we can now consider that there is a legit FOMO here and with that being said, correction and dip is really possible.

The average life of all FIAT in history is 45 years, bankers know this, men of means know this only IDIOTS think that the USD is 'forever'

Time will come that GOV's will collude to BAN the little guy from creating his own crypto, or even mining without a GOV license,

Knowledgeable ppl need to be thinking about privacy, and keeping the current system out of the hands of government centralization.

Bankers KNOW that the era of PAPER-MONEY is over the Era of Crypto-Money has begun.

Yes I agree with you, there have been some signs in the news recently. The Deutsche Bank announced not so long ago that the end of fiat based system is near. https://cointelegraph.com/news/deutsche-bank-strategist-says-end-of-fiat-based-currency-systems-near-recommends-bitcoin
There is a huge chance that the banks will buy up bitcoin and governments/large cooperation's will start to control all of the mining. Making their new currencies bitcoin backed. Venezuela is starting it, it will not take much longer before other countries will replace their fiat with a crypto currency.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:59:57 AM

Well, I think that is just a normal thing before the hard forks. All people wanna receive free coins. This wave will finish soon after the hard forks.

Do you really think this is down to the Bitcoin God fork? I've barely heard anything about it. All these forks are retarded.

I don't think enough people care this time for that to be the sole or main reason. Maybe it could contribute.

artmaker

Activity: 208

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:17:15 AM

Lol you have big imagination, again im not bitcoin hater, i love bitcoin.
but be realistic kid, please, it's not 100% about the money when people talk about goverment and bitcoin  Roll Eyes
Phalo

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:55:01 AM

This right here is not a healthy looking chart:

The "old money" guys right now are getting ready to teach us all a valuable lesson, with the daddy of all pumps and we're all walking right into it, because FOMO.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-06/bitcoin-bears-are-excited-about-futures

You've all dropped alts and bought into the pump and we could all get rekt very hard.

Dash = 0.03740196
Ltc = 0.00545000
Eth = 0.02418501
BTC dominance = 67.5%

I say this because I love Bitcoin. This is not healthy for Bitcoin or the market and not sustainable. It's too much too fast. They are pumping it up to short.

I agree, the price of bitcoin is way too high now. That chart is not healthy at all. However I dont think a tragic crash is coming. I think its just a realisation from people with money that digital cash is here.
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:18:07 AM

This last pump is too strong within a short period of time
When this kind of pump is happening, we'll be seeing a large dump usually, hope it is not the case with bitcoin this time

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:59:29 AM

I was expecting to get some hate for posting this in the Bitcoin forum, but most of you have been very reasonable and willing to debate.

I'm glad many see it the way I do, maybe it will cool down a bit and take a breather before big gains again. I hope so, pumps always end bad.

Thanks for your opinions so far.

iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:07:15 AM

This is quite different, could be applied to GOLD, BITCOIN is not going away.

Traditional STOCK in 1935 was just paper pulled out of their ass and traded on WALL-STREET, not unlike US Dollar fiat today, printed to infinity with zero cost to FRB

BITCOIN represents a new shell, a new totem, a new way for mankind to represent his wealth and transmit it anywhere in the universe.

But why bitcoin? Why not any other better cryptocurrency?

There are tons of cryptocurrencies better than bitcoin and have actual utility which bitcoin lacks. Bitcoin is just a store of value right now and a technology can't be a store of value because technology goes obsolete. I don't believe bitcoin will sustain it's value just on the basis of an alternative to traditional monetary system when there are better technological options available. A cryptocurrency is definitely a future but it won't be a bitcoin.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:08:12 AM

This right here is not a healthy looking chart:
it is perfectly healthy up until $10,000 and then things got weird, I wouldn't still call it not-healthy, it is all about the adoption.
remember when the media was repeating how bitcoin is not safe, how it is "fraud" and it is dead, and all that bullshit. that kept a lot of people away from bitcoin. now all of them had a wake up call and now are buying. even if every one of them buys a tiny amount this rise happens like this. pretty simple.

You've all dropped alts and bought into the pump and we could all get rekt very hard.
the alts drop because the yare pumped and because they are useless.

Only Bitcoin
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:34:04 AM

I say this because I love Bitcoin. This is not healthy for Bitcoin or the market and not sustainable. It's too much too fast. They are pumping it up to short.
Yes but this surge might only last till  bitcoin futures will start trading, FOMO around bitcoin futures is strong that is behind the current huge surge in bitcoin price.

When FOMO will be over, people will start to buy altcoins again. We need some correction to have healthy price growth in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: