Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] United Open Currency Solutions (UNOCS) - Feather, Phenix and Worldcoin  (Read 19470 times)
dego

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:10:44 PM

Feathercoin, Phenixcoin and Worldcoin are proud to announce a partnership to advance world-class digital currencies

Pffffhhhtt .. muahaha... muahahahha... LMAO!

Applause!
dego

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:15:03 PM

I hadn't seen this yet but love the looks of the design, very professional!

Yeah. You can get that very professional design from shutterstock for 60$...

Man, you are easy to be impressed...
dego

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:19:16 PM

And I like that too:

But of course, a start is always a start...
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:21:46 PM

I hadn't seen this yet but love the looks of the design, very professional! Also thanks iamatrix for keeping us up to date on the bug fixing. Surely best the site be bug free with a slight delay then no delay and frustrating ya know?

Great work guys knew choosing PXC was going to be a winner  Cool

Yup, looks great Smiley
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:33:08 PM

Not blindly posting.

If you need a front end web developer, just ask.

The website is built as if it was 2002, and it gives an impression that the system itself will be similar as well. Table for a navigation menu? Images everywhere? Padding issues? Using <br> for spaces? It is still early but it is very surprising to see such things.

Looks aside my main concern is security for you guys. Security needs to be your #1 concern if you want to keep customers and instill confidence.

I hadn't seen this yet but love the looks of the design, very professional! Also thanks iamatrix for keeping us up to date on the bug fixing. Surely best the site be bug free with a slight delay then no delay and frustrating ya know?

Great work guys knew choosing PXC was going to be a winner  Cool

That is because it is not anywhere to be found but in the insecure directories which can be browsed easily. Don't get too excited, it is just some stock art that may or may not have had the royalties paid for.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:24:42 PM

That is because it is not anywhere to be found but in the insecure directories which can be browsed easily. Don't get too excited, it is just some stock art that may or may not have had the royalties paid for.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure the insecure directories don't have anything that they don't care about being public. They definitely chose great artwork to fix up for the design, very fitting. Much better color usage and scaling. Very professional look that themes well with the service.

Oh and don't tell me not to get excited. Merchant tools is one of the most important services a coin needs to see increased market cap. Think how Gox's merchant tools affected BTC. If it wasn't for these kinds of services I highly doubt BTC would have ever seen the popularity it has.

Bridge will easily make these coins standard methods of payment across a wide variety of websites.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 05:35:14 PM

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure the insecure directories don't have anything that they don't care about being public. They definitely chose great artwork to fix up for the design, very fitting. Much better color usage and scaling. Very professional look that themes well with the service.

Oh and don't tell me not to get excited. Merchant tools is one of the most important services a coin needs to see increased market cap. Think how Gox's merchant tools affected BTC. If it wasn't for these kinds of services I highly doubt BTC would have ever seen the popularity it has.

Bridge will easily make these coins standard methods of payment across a wide variety of websites.

I know iamatrix did a lot of payment software for credit card, etc. He knows about security.
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:17:21 PM

I know iamatrix did a lot of payment software for credit card, etc. He knows about security.

Saw the PCI compliant image hiding in the folder as well, I find that hard to believe at this stage that it would be compliant. I will take your word for it though.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
CoinEntropy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:04:40 PM

People will use anything against something or someone if they're already disposed to dislike it from the get go.

Hey.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:30:55 PM

/slap
Like the person a few posts after yours said.. I actually knew this when I looked at it. Yes you are easily impressed this is something that they bought online, not something that they have made.
It's nothing special.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:35:23 PM

/slap
Like the person a few posts after yours said.. I actually knew this when I looked at it. Yes you are easily impressed this is something that they bought online, not something that they have made.
It's nothing special.

Good thing they don't waste too much of their precious time on graphics, leaves them with more time for the back-end.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:38:50 PM

So does UNOCS actually provide a product or service for the public, or is it just a PR exercise for 3 coins?

I would like to know what is offers the public, what can you order?

Why should we pay attention to UNOCS at all?

These questions are not clearly answered by either the press releases or the web site from what I have found.

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:40:08 PM

So does UNOCS actually provide a product or service for the public, or is it just a PR exercise for 3 coins?

no idea I don't think they have said yet

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:44:18 PM

http://www.unocs.com

UNOCS releases the Bridge

UNOCS Bridge is a secure gateway that allows local and online businesses the ability to accept crypto currency both seamlessly and instantaneously. With just a few clicks, businesses can access thousands of potential new customers and lower overhead costs resulting in higher profit. Our highly skilled team provides technical solutions for all applications from home businesses to large enterprises. Accepting crypto currency has never been easier.

Building bridges one customer at a time.

nawazish1

Activity: 462

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:46:32 PM

no idea I don't think they have said yet

In my opinion after reading the text there. I think it would help other services or owners of other websites of any kind to accept payments in cryptos. This is a step to make cryptos more simple to be used by other people outside the bitcointalk forum.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
erk

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:47:01 PM

UNOCS Bridge is a secure gateway that allows local and online businesses the ability to accept crypto currency both seamlessly and instantaneously. With just a few clicks, businesses can access thousands of potential new customers and lower overhead costs resulting in higher profit. Our highly skilled team provides technical solutions for all applications from home businesses to large enterprises. Accepting crypto currency has never been easier.

I have already read that. If that it supposed to say there is a payment gateway coming similar to Bitpay or Paypal, why don't they say that, how about some details? General, vague positioning statements about merchants can do this or that, are to be found on the sites of most crypto coins.

The whole episode with the countdown was hype. Lets have some substance, or be ignored.

nawazish1

Activity: 462

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:49:15 PM

I have already read that. If that it supposed to say there is a payment gateway coming similar to Bitpay or Paypal, why don't they say that, how about some details?

The whole episode with the countdown was hype.

Still you need more simple explanation. To make it more simple you can say it is something like paypal and it will be used by online sites to accept payments easily in cryptos.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Good thing they don't waste too much of their precious time on graphics, leaves them with more time for the back-end.
Good thing that 0.1% of the website is working, yeah don't waste time on graphics, such an excuse  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
erk

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:34:36 PM

I have already read that. If that it supposed to say there is a payment gateway coming similar to Bitpay or Paypal, why don't they say that, how about some details?

The whole episode with the countdown was hype.

Still you need more simple explanation. To make it more simple you can say it is something like paypal and it will be used by online sites to accept payments easily in cryptos.
Actually what we need is a more detailed explanation, not a simpler one, as per my previous post.

You seem to have the concept exactly backwards.
CoinEntropy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:37:31 PM

A lot of impatient, butthurt trolls trolling over something they didn't care about in the first place.

Hey.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: