Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:22:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] United Open Currency Solutions (UNOCS) - Feather, Phenix and Worldcoin  (Read 19470 times)
FiNaLize

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 04:52:03 PM

So how is this thing working out for yall? I remember about a week ago something about a timer hitting zero and a lot of excitement about getting your coins before that or it would be to late to make a lot of money?

Did i miss out on something?

No, you didn't miss out on anything Smiley

We didn't do a good job at the launch, the open source timer didn't work correctly and in addition the launch of the UNOCS bridge was postponed.

The developers are still working on it very hard.
Monday some extra security measures will be installed at the hoster.
After that it's penetration testing and making sure everything works fine.

It won't be released before everyone gives "green light", so please don't hold your breath!

If you like, take a look at our forum too.
http://forum.phenixcoin.com

The next release will be without the timers and ETA's, we'll just deliver and announce it then.

Atta boy.  Live and learn.

They had enough time to learn:

Ty and with the partnership things are going it frigging rock! Takes a lot to get me excited and i am pretty pumped. In the next 2 weeks we will start
sending some of these coins to the alt graveyard
. This is the time for other devs to tighten up or they will get left behind eating pxc,wdc and ftc dust! Those that have supported us will start reaping the benefits.

Appreciate the support everyone! This month will be a interesting time. We are working on building a solid infrastructure that will set a standard
that other coins will live up to. Sorry not so active on the boards lately. A lot of things going on behind the scenes and new business relationships
are being built.  

Thanks
       John

you nailed it graphics don't mean anything! We want to dominate the exchange market in the next 3 months. We are coming out swinging! Now with that being said there will be a way for other exchanges to survive but they will have to have to work with us.

[/quote]

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 05:09:02 PM

Hello Finalize,

Well, first of all you show you have a lot of free time, that's nice Smiley

You are right, we shouldn't have announced services while not ready yet.
Some of our projects had to be changed to integrate all UNOCS coins, others are put on a sidetrack until the UNOCS Bridge is finished.

All of the previous mentioned services are still coming, we won't announce and/or ETA them before they are ready and released.

Our team has expanded, some people in our community have been selected on their skills and asked to join.
This is giving the developers more time to develop, test and support.

Our apologies for what happened, we promise improvement Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 06:06:20 PM

Hello Finalize,

Well, first of all you show you have a lot of free time, that's nice Smiley

You are right, we shouldn't have announced services while not ready yet.
Some of our projects had to be changed to integrate all UNOCS coins, others are put on a sidetrack until the UNOCS Bridge is finished.

All of the previous mentioned services are still coming, we won't announce and/or ETA them before they are ready and released.

Our team has expanded, some people in our community have been selected on their skills and asked to join.
This is giving the developers more time to develop, test and support.

Our apologies for what happened, we promise improvement Smiley
Send me free coins and you're all forgiven   Cheesy Wink

Anyways, just highlight the apology and quote to each complaining post.  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 04:17:45 AM

It's not sunshine and lollipops every day Cheesy

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:05:31 AM

why split up 3 different coins for 3 different market segments. one coin COULD be used for all. heh perhaps i'm not getting it

ok
vinne81

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:21:16 AM

why split up 3 different coins for 3 different market segments. one coin COULD be used for all. heh perhaps i'm not getting it

I also don't get it. They will release this service the Bridge, that not only allow merchants to pay with one coin, but with all three! But... this seems only needed because the project involves three coins. The logical thing to do would be to drop 2 of the 3 coins, or even create a new one and promote that one.

Really, there is no logical reason why three coins would be needed. It's like you need to carry three wallets with you when you go out. When you gamble, you need PXC. But then when you buy goods, you need one of the others. I'm sure some service will pop up that allows instant transfers between those coins. But how instant can it be, you still have confirmations needed on both chains. Or is UNOCS going to act as a bank, instant transfers between coins? So you need a stack of all three coins in order to actually use it on all services that will be provided?

I guess the only reason why these coins exists is because each dev has a stake in his own coin and above all they want to keep this.
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:51:31 AM

I also don't get it. They will release this service the Bridge, that not only allow merchants to pay with one coin, but with all three! But... this seems only needed because the project involves three coins. The logical thing to do would be to drop 2 of the 3 coins, or even create a new one and promote that one.

Really, there is no logical reason why three coins would be needed. It's like you need to carry three wallets with you when you go out. When you gamble, you need PXC. But then when you buy goods, you need one of the others. I'm sure some service will pop up that allows instant transfers between those coins. But how instant can it be, you still have confirmations needed on both chains. Or is UNOCS going to act as a bank, instant transfers between coins? So you need a stack of all three coins in order to actually use it on all services that will be provided?

I guess the only reason why these coins exists is because each dev has a stake in his own coin and above all they want to keep this.

Well this is a really good question you guys raised. I think the answer to it would be a combined wallet with and integrated exchange.I will talk to developers about this. And second thing is that not any of the coins can be dropped because lots of users are holding really big stack of coins. It is not about the developers. They can always get coins by making a new one it is about users.

Just think that if you hold lots of PXC and the developers say that we are no longer supporting that coin instead you should buy a new one what will you do try to sell them and there will be no one who will buy your coins. This is the reason developers can't leave any coin. so they divided them in to different markets. Now it is on the user what type of thing he wants. If he wants Entertainment he should use PXC and same thing applies to both the other coins.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 10:43:04 AM

Hey superduh,

Everything is new in the world of cryptocurrency. We are all pioneers. Not one coin, not even Bitcoin, can be spent in your local supermarket atm.
With 7 coins being created every week, it's difficult to stand out as a coin, as a community.

All depends on community support, adoption and cooperation and that doesn't come easy, competition is though.

Every one of the three UNOCS coins will keep it's own identity and will have it's own team and community supporting it.
Developers will work together on some projects but on their own projects for their coins too.

This is our strategy. Will this work out? Who knows. Everything is exciting now, not done before. You can't blame us for trying.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:52:01 AM

Well this is a really good question you guys raised. I think the answer to it would be a combined wallet with and integrated exchange.I will talk to developers about this. And second thing is that not any of the coins can be dropped because lots of users are holding really big stack of coins. It is not about the developers. They can always get coins by making a new one it is about users.

Just think that if you hold lots of PXC and the developers say that we are no longer supporting that coin instead you should buy a new one what will you do try to sell them and there will be no one who will buy your coins. This is the reason developers can't leave any coin. so they divided them in to different markets. Now it is on the user what type of thing he wants. If he wants Entertainment he should use PXC and same thing applies to both the other coins.

One merged coin makes a lot of sense - just imagine what it could do with the combined resources of all the three partners.

The problem is that each of them has supporters from the start who may not like the concept. There is also the problem of the exchange rate - WDC may think it is undervalued so will lose out in a merger.

I hope in the future they do merge it.

nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:50:16 PM

Here is a really great update.

Coindesk covers UNOCS Bridge. Here is a link to the article

http://www.coindesk.com/altcoin-partnership-unocs-launches-bridge-service-for-instant-merchant-payments/

apbyte

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:55:44 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/altcoin-partnership-unocs-launches-bridge-service-for-instant-merchant-payments/

So coindesk is writing about thing they haven't seen or used and they only can hope it will be those things they say it will be  ... journalism in 21st century Cheesy
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:59:05 PM

Guys just keep trolling I will be watching with popcorns. Grin

iamatrix

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

So coindesk is writing about thing they haven't seen or used and they only can hope it will be those things they say it will be  ... journalism in 21st century Cheesy

You are quite mistaken, I spent some time with the writer this morning.. going over it with him.

trolls in 21st century Cheesy

PhenixEx cryptocurrency exchange | Lifetime lower trading fees? Sign up here! | Let others sign up with your referral link and receive 25% of their trading fees!
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:01:09 PM

Coindesk didn't want to wait on that article any longer. They wrote it days ago.

Big question though, where was WorldCoin in any of that article?

Also, what are the estimated transaction times? How long does it have to sit in UNOCS bank/escrow before it can be used?

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:03:34 PM

So coindesk is writing about thing they haven't seen or used and they only can hope it will be those things they say it will be  ... journalism in 21st century Cheesy

You are quite mistaken, I spent some time with the writer this morning.. going over it with him.

Why are you blatantly lying right now, they themselves posted that they were ready to submit the article 6 days ago.

apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:04:56 PM

Guys just keep trolling I will be watching with popcorns. Grin

I am not trolling, just saying :-)

Would be fun if UN would write report on how well are civilians protected in war zone by sitting down with army general and asking him Cheesy (instead of going there)
iamatrix

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:07:40 PM

Why are you blatantly lying right now, they themselves posted that they were ready to submit the article 6 days ago.

Parts of it maybe...

But this was this morning.

[4:19:15 AM] David Gilson: heh
[4:20:30 AM] Mike: got time for a quick run down on how it works?
[4:20:51 AM] Mike: Ill grab a coffee and take a quick break
[4:21:07 AM] David Gilson: yeah sure

Move along..

PhenixEx cryptocurrency exchange | Lifetime lower trading fees? Sign up here! | Let others sign up with your referral link and receive 25% of their trading fees!
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:09:38 PM

https://i.imgur.com/aaO8MbF.png

You need to learn how to understands words. The meaning of the sentence is they were ready to post the article. They needed more info and confirmation from the developers.

Disastrus

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:14:00 PM

oh man..

what a bunch of morons you guys are.
Really its becoming silly now.

if you think this helps towards your coins, you are making asses of yourself and your coins.
and im not referring to UNOCS

Interesting article really...
i think the most people on here will filter that out.

good luck to you obsessed kids with all the bashing, it's getting old now.
ohiwastedmylif

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:32:51 PM

https://i.imgur.com/aaO8MbF.png

You need to learn how to understands words. The meaning of the sentence is they were ready to post the article. They needed more info and confirmation from the developers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: