Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 07:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Encryption Password To BitcoinQT WALLET! [attempted trojan, see last post]  (Read 1205 times)
acs26

July 11, 2013, 05:06:40 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 03:42:40 AM by gmaxwell

Hello guys, earlier this morning I bought 20 Bitcoins and sent them to my BitcoinQT wallet on my desktop. Only minutes after the transaction was complete I tried to send a few bitcoins out of the wallet and it asks for my password..

The wallet was created 6 months ago and I can not for the life of me remember the password. I know most of it the first part is "Jonhjef****" the last 4 are digits that I can not remember. I do remember that they are numbers however.

How can I recover my wallet?? I cant stand the idea of losing this much Bitcoins for such a stupid, stupid reason. Is anyone able to bruteforce it? If someones able to fix this Id have no problem giving them a percentage of whats in my wallet. help please!
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 05:20:21 PM

Hello guys, earlier this morning I bought 20 Bitcoins and sent them to my BitcoinQT wallet on my desktop. Only minutes after the transaction was complete I tried to send a few bitcoins out of the wallet and it asks for my password..

The wallet was created 6 months ago and I can not for the life of me remember the password. I know most of it the first part is "Jonhjef****" the last 4 are digits that I can not remember. I do remember that they are numbers however.

How can I recover my wallet?? I cant stand the idea of losing this much Bitcoins for such a stupid, stupid reason. Is anyone able to bruteforce it? If someones able to fix this Id have no problem giving them a percentage of whats in my wallet. help please!
only 10,000 possible numbers to try.  That is actually pretty good news.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4790

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:33:12 PM

If you are willing to trust me with your wallet, I'll give you my email address.  You can send me the wallet.dat file from your computer. I'll run a brute force script against it using the information that you've provided, and assuming you are remembering correctly, I'll send you the bitcoins from the wallet to a new wallet address once it's cracked.

If you're not willing to trust me with your wallet, you can search the forums for some brute forcing scripts (there are a few threads with scripts people have put together), and run it on your own.

Send me a PM if you're interested in my assistance.
Elmore ASIC

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:28:36 PM

If you are willing to trust me with your wallet, I'll give you my email address.  You can send me the wallet.dat file from your computer. I'll run a brute force script against it using the information that you've provided, and assuming you are remembering correctly, I'll send you the bitcoins from the wallet to a new wallet address once it's cracked.

If you're not willing to trust me with your wallet, you can search the forums for some brute forcing scripts (there are a few threads with scripts people have put together), and run it on your own.

lol "trust me" hey fried want ME to scan your disk ?  Cool
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 01:43:16 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 01:58:41 AM by BurtW

EDIT Before you help this guy read this first:  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254422.msg2709961#msg2709961

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: