Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:04:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash alternative  (Read 1164 times)
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:02:08 AM

So as I assume you all know about the nicehash hack I had all my miners on there and got some money still on there yet to be paid out and don't know when they will be back up or pay the miners back. So I was wondering what are some good alternatives to nicehash?
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:14:24 AM

...and got some money still on there yet to be paid out and don't know when they will be back up or pay the miners back.

You no longer have any money on there.  It's GONE!  Don't imagine there is any chance nicehash will pay us back.  I doubt they have a spare 63 million laying around with which to do so.  (Well then again, they probably do but...)

Speaking as someone who up until very recently had $3000 in my nicehash wallet.  The money is most likely on a beach somewhere sipping margaritas along with it's 63 million siblings.
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:15:54 AM

...and got some money still on there yet to be paid out and don't know when they will be back up or pay the miners back.

You no longer have any money on there.  It's GONE!  Don't imagine there is any chance nicehash will pay us back.  I doubt they have a spare 63 million laying around with which to do so.  (Well then again, they probably do but...)

Speaking as someone who up until very recently had $3000 in my nicehash wallet.  The money is most likely on a beach somewhere sipping margaritas along with it's 63 million siblings.

LOl yea that's pretty likely but what about a site that is like nicehash do you know of one?
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:22:10 AM

i know what minexmr can be paid in btc.
Cryptonight users can test it, or start to mine xmr ))) although it is not necessary, so the difficulty grows

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:24:26 AM

I wonder if Nicehash Alternative will overtake "What is the best coin to mine" and "What is the best card to buy" as the most repeated post.
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:28:37 AM

i think this is the only major loss to a public bitcoin service that did not result in a price crash.

interesting.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:16:23 AM

i think this is the only major loss to a public bitcoin service that did not result in a price crash.

interesting.

Why would it?  It was less the 5000 coins.  There almost 17 millions in circulation.  If you are an altcoin miner you knew about nicehash.  If you were a whale with a big mining farm or big trader you could care less about that service.  And really this whole fiasco has nothing to do with bitcoin, its underlying technology, or the market for it.  This was a case of fraud and/or shitty security.  If this wasn't an inside job then lets all be thankful this happened when it did.  It was only a matter of time if their security was that weak.  Imagine this happening if bitcoin was at $50k
smaxz

VeganAcademy

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:43:11 AM

fear of the security implications.

if nicehash cant secure their wallets, and they are a large company, what hope can the average layman expect?

halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:51:40 AM

So as I assume you all know about the nicehash hack I had all my miners on there and got some money still on there yet to be paid out and don't know when they will be back up or pay the miners back. So I was wondering what are some good alternatives to nicehash?
there are 3 good alternatives right now
miningpoolhub https://miningpoolhub.com/
zpool http://zpool.ca/
mining rig rental https://www.miningrigrentals.com/

i suggest the first two until nicehash figures thing out and report their progress toward this sad event.
smaxz

VeganAcademy

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:00:53 AM

prohashing.

camaxide

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:16:59 PM

Since recently Nicehash has had another hack as well as shutting down NiceHashMiner 2 (only Legacy lives on) I guess it's many who wonder about this.
I looked for an alternative and tried multiple but landed with one that does the job very well.

Cudo Miner is an excellent alternative to NiceHash
It's new and has a very open and transparent profile. They also have Discord page and helps out even over facebook really quickly if you have any questions. They currently give Early Adopters 5000 Satoshis for free, and by using this link: https://cudominer.com/?a=Y670YcFr2 you get another 10000 satoshis for start. Highly recommended! Smiley
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:39:58 PM

If you are selling hashrate on nicehash you are either lazy or stupid.  If you wan't to have a chance at any real money you need to find the good projects yourself and mine the coins on your own.   Nicehash was already "hacked" for millions which was most likely just another inside job.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: