Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 12:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dynamic GPU mining  (Read 304 times)
chrusso (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:31:39 AM

Hi everyone!

So... I have been dealing with the following problem. I'm currently doing Ethereum (GPU mining) using simplemining OS. Now... The problem I have found is that there's a lot of variations in the prices of the coins, making it so much more profiteable to mine another coins from one day to another.

For example, right now, electroneum is paying almost 4 times more than ethereum.

So I've been thinking if there's any solution for this matter? I thought about an application that would swap from one coin to the other, after checking the prices on whattomine.com...

Is there any solution for this?

Kind regards;
Chris
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:24:13 AM

Nicehash is auto-switching mining gateway software, but now they got hacked, we should call them NiceHack now lol. Auto-switch wouldn't worth if that coin only profitable for a few hours. I suggest to chose few coin that have long-term profitability calculation.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:34:35 AM

So I've been thinking if there's any solution for this matter? I thought about an application that would swap from one coin to the other, after checking the prices on whattomine.com...

Of course there's. There's plenty of them actually. Nicehash is (was) one of the options - they'd take your hashrate and resell it to the buyers that were basically "renting" mining rigs from them. There are also multipools, where you just point your miner at them and they'll do the auto-switching between the most profitable coins (and exchanging them to BTC). Then there's client-side programs that can do switching on your systems, without needing any third-party server.

And btw, ETN is not nearly as profitable right now as WTM says. It's good, but nowhere near as good as one might think. At one point WTM even removed ETN from their front page - the discrepancy between what it showed and what people were getting was just too large. It got better now, but still nowhere near being accurate.
chrusso (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:35:31 AM

Of course there's. There's plenty of them actually. Nicehash is (was) one of the options - they'd take your hashrate and resell it to the buyers that were basically "renting" mining rigs from them. There are also multipools, where you just point your miner at them and they'll do the auto-switching between the most profitable coins (and exchanging them to BTC). Then there's client-side programs that can do switching on your systems, without needing any third-party server.

And btw, ETN is not nearly as profitable right now as WTM says. It's good, but nowhere near as good as one might think. At one point WTM even removed ETN from their front page - the discrepancy between what it showed and what people were getting was just too large. It got better now, but still nowhere near being accurate.

Hi Wacko, could you point me to any of these "auto-switching" pools? do you know how profitable is it compared to regular ETH mining?
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:46:55 AM

Hi Wacko, could you point me to any of these "auto-switching" pools? do you know how profitable is it compared to regular ETH mining?
I don't use those pools so I don't know a lot of them. The most popular one is probably zpool.ca. I've no idea what you're mining with though.. if it's amd cards, then there's really not that many algos they're good at, basically it's just ETH or Cryptonight (still quite a few coins using these 2 algos). Most of those multipools are primarily for nvidia cards, there's a lot more algos that nvidia gpus are good at, so if you'll look at the zpool's list of algos, almost all of them are "nvidia-friendly": equihash, neoscypt, lyra2z, bitcore, lyra2v2, skunk... I mean, I'm not even gonna list any more of them, they're all for nvidia gpus. Smiley You can mine many of those algos with amd cards, of course, but they're not as efficient as nvidia cards there, so it's usually better to just stick to what amd are good at.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: