Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:50:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Beware of Crypto Blackjack  (Read 1188 times)
TBCM (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 07:23:28 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 08:44:11 PM by TBCM

A couple of hours ago I transferred 1.000.000 IFC to the Crypto Blackjack site. (http://cryptoblackjack.kicks-ass.net/index.php?coin_type=22) (http://exploretheblocks.com:2750/block/872ba46220b21396ad7fa535f7496da328955a8c85e955debc49a15f0d1d227d)

I wasn't very lucky but I was having fun. Then the website failed and became inaccessible for 2 hours. It just came back to life now but there's no trace of the 800.000 IFC I still had deposited there. There's also no way to contact the owner of the site so I guess I lost them forever.

This website seems to use a dynamic DNS service; maybe the machine where it was hosted changed its IP and until the change spread around nobody could access it. And since it uses session based cookies I (and everybody else who was playing there at the moment) lost the session and therefore my IFC.

Beware.

Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:51:22 PM

There is an official topic which could have been easily found by searching the forum.

As to your problem, you have 2 choices on how you want me to deal with it:

• Tell me your current IFC deposit address in which case I'll move the funds into your current account.
  • Tell me your own IFC address and I'll manually send you the funds contained within.

I guess I need to get off my ass and make it so people can create a login to store things on a more permanent basis. I'll also add a contact form.
Petr1fied

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:46:21 PM

Code:
    {
        "account" : "",
        "address" : "iPCBk53AVK6Ts8SCKfcD4co8ojzDQfVxBV",
        "category" : "send",
        "amount" : -800000.00000000,
        "fee" : 0.00000000,
        "confirmations" : 2,
        "blockhash" : "e43464c2457373d3d5be56f4a169ace5fc91bd52aef9743533caefb38
dd6abf7",
        "blockindex" : 1,
        "txid" : "2ec9eb15634e464f6550ade5937ea2dea5fc3ece578961490ea8484cb8e85f
9c",
        "time" : 1373575108
    },

http://exploretheblocks.com:2750/tx/2ec9eb15634e464f6550ade5937ea2dea5fc3ece578961490ea8484cb8e85f9c

TBCM (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 08:46:45 PM

I was reimbursed my IFC and the website owner told me that he's working on a login system now to prevent this kind of situation from happening in future.

elements

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

Hi,

I am trying to withdraw for at least half an hour now.
Every time I try to confirm the withdrawal the site goes blank and chrome shows me an error message.
Tried it also with safari - didn't work either.

Please help.

Side note: would be a good idea to include an email address or some way of contacting you other than this forum

Thanks!

EDIT:
While waiting for a response I was playing again. I started with 2.5 CGB. Played until I was at 4.107 CGB.
After not being able to withdraw I played again. And voilà like on every other CRYPTO SCAMSITE I lost every time.

So don't bother fixing the problem (which obviously isn't one at all but a nice strategy).
I am left with 0.058 CGB which you can keep as tip for once again proving that this whole thing is a major joke!!!

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
Petr1fied

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:18:10 PM

If someone has reported an issue to me I have always been quick to fix it and made manual withdrawals where necessary. Looking through the log files I have found reference to a fatal error with the payout script on CGB (and possibly other PoS coins) and it should now be resolved.

Either tell me the CGB address you deposited to or your username on the site (if applicable) and your own CGB address I'll just send you a refund for the entire original deposit.

There's nothing dodgy in the game, in Blackjack the house has an edge because you have to go first so there's a good chance you'll be bust before the dealer has to do anything. That's just part of the game. If you can't handle that then you really shouldn't be gambling.
elements

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:33:42 PM

If someone has reported an issue to me I have always been quick to fix it and made manual withdrawals where necessary. Looking through the log files I have found reference to a fatal error with the payout script on CGB (and possibly other PoS coins) and it should now be resolved.

Either tell me the CGB address you deposited to or your username on the site (if applicable) and your own CGB address I'll just send you a refund for the entire original deposit.

There's nothing dodgy in the game, in Blackjack the house has an edge because you have to go first so there's a good chance you'll be bust before the dealer has to do anything. That's just part of the game. If you can't handle that then you really shouldn't be gambling.

Username: elements (same as here)

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
Petr1fied

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

Username: elements (same as here)

And the address you want me to send the funds to?

EDIT: Never mind I see a CGB address in your signature, the payment is en-route:
Code:
    {
        "account" : "",
        "address" : "5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF",
        "category" : "send",
        "amount" : -2.50000000,
        "fee" : -0.00100000,
        "confirmations" : 1,
        "txid" : "11bbafd76fb39dffe3163932c9d1033786eca5758b4d0a0114844b2ef26ea2e5",
        "time" : 1375303202,
        "timereceived" : 1375303202
    }

http://cgb.webboise.com:2770/tx/11bbafd76fb39dffe3163932c9d1033786eca5758b4d0a0114844b2ef26ea2e5
elements

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:14:09 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 09:27:34 PM by elements

Looking through the log files I have found reference to a fatal error with the payout script on CGB (and possibly other PoS coins) and it should now be resolved.

Short story: original buy-in was paid back (not the gains)

Long story:

What people (especially developers) need to understand, is that having a bug on an (informative) service site is inconvenient, to a shop or a selling/trading site it's an absolute no go, because it's about your customers' funds (meaning this is 10 times as bad as on a site which doesn't handle money). If it is a site which deals in Bitcoins (or any other crypto currency for that matter) it is 100 times as bad as with a site dealing in fiat. If it is a site where people can even loose their coins it is a thousandfold as bad as in the aforementioned cases.

After four years of theft, scams, cheating, lying, price manipulation, hardware failures, unaddressed software bugs and whatnot
ALL developers who decide to start dealing in anything Bitcoin (or other cryptos) have to take the burden of those past four years onto their shoulders and have to make damn sure, that anything they offer simply runs smoothly and put all their efforts into creating trust.

I am sorry that you had to get the full blow of my anger over a ridiculous stake of maybe 50 cents
BUT after being burnt so many times in all colors of the rainbow and any occasion imaginable
this simple truth had to be said - not only for your site but for anyone else's, too.

I hope you understand where I am coming from and that any future "service providers" in any crypto get it in their head that they have to test the hell out of their service before getting live with it.

The community cannot have any more failures may it even be the smallest!

BTW: There seem to be more bugs with CGB on your site

one minute: https://i.imgur.com/BeAdYbt.png

bigger: https://i.imgur.com/EYD0abK.png

next minute: https://i.imgur.com/4yOzHjW.png

The change from one to another "state" happened several times automatically (without me doing something)

Petr1fied

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:30:54 PM

Short story: original buy-in was paid back (not the gains)

I have no way of verifying any gains, the funds are moved backwards and forwards between accounts when you bet and there is no game history stored once the game is over. There is nothing to check aside from a long list of "move" transactions which amount to incoming/outgoing transactions between accounts so trying to figure out if you ever actually had the gains you stated would be a lot more effort than it's worth. You were refunded your original deposit, you should be glad of this.

The display bug is actually a problem with all recent PoS wallets. BitGem, BottleCaps & Cryptogenic Bullion etc. all report strange values for any account aside from the default account on Windows Daemons. The site compensates for this by offsetting the dodgy value to get the actual value but occasionally there is a minor display oddity, perhaps due to the dodgy value fluctuating between the values being compared. I have actually considered just removing all of the PoS coins because of this issue but as it stands it's merely a display issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: