Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:01:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is reason behind fallen price of Altcoins?  (Read 542 times)
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:08:00 AM

the main reason behind the fallen price of altcoin is because bitcoin price increases too high and people move from altcoin to bitcoin. but if bitcoin price makes a correction like now, the altcoin can start to rise again although not for a long time. in a few hours ago, bitcoin price gets down for a while and makes altcoin can breathe again but now the price seems to be down again. many of altcoin including coin based ERC20 is down although not all of the coin getting down. soon if bitcoin price is stable in one range, the altcoin will be back to increase.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tocketsearful

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:12:05 AM

Ask yourself is 10-20% daily increase in BTC sustainable? Does BTC have a superior technology compared to the various competitors in the market that could justify these gains? If you are not able to answer yes to these questions then perhaps this could be a trend that is coursed by FOMO. This is unsustainable both long-term and short-term.

Everytime you sell an altcoin in the XXX/BTC pairings then you are adding fuel to the fire.

Buying altcoins now however could end up in a long-term hold though so be prepared for that.
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:28:04 AM

Alts seem to fall if bitcoin rises fast and also if bitcoin falls fast. The only time they really seem to go up is when bitcoin rises slowly or has sideways movement, that's when people get into alts in hope of getting more btc since all the main trading pairs are btc to alt trading pairs.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:31:08 AM

Many altcoins now are going down in value Bitcoin wise, but some, even though they are depreciating in value against Bitcoin are still ahead when calculating by USD. So it all depends on what your end game is and what you entered the market in. If you entered the market in Bitcoin and you saw your stash go down, then of course you might be losing a lot. If you entered say the market with 10k USD but it's now worth 20k USD, then  you are still ahead. I think with all this upsurge in BTC value and volatility, we all need to re establish our strategic  end game better. Some people of course have become rich over the last few years, some of us are still aspiring to make a retirement nest egg.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:39:10 AM

Because of the BTC price surges fast,the alts are liretally conencted to the value of alts,because alts are measured in satoshi thats why most of the alts bleed when BTC moves.

saeron-ssi

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:56:02 AM

Actually there are so many reason whythe value of certain altcoin falls back. One is that maybe there's a change in the market. Another is that maybe there are small number of stock-holders or there's only few who invested. and maybe their projects are not that firm enough.

earnmoneyonl

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:36:40 AM

I think the reason because now people trying to buy bitcoin and push it up. I will be decreased when it gets high enough then altcoins price will be increased again.
cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:41:27 AM

I heard wallstreet is joining our community they are pouring a lot of money right now so thats the reason why the BTC price increased and alts bleeds hard.

Zerosk

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:50:35 AM

Could be a number of reasons this is happening, traders are buying selling and investing elsewhere, perhaps going to Bitcoin for example because they see it on a rise.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
wisdommember

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:01:29 AM

sure this is crypto market.

but at the moment the reasons are the bitcoin forks (superbitcoin, bitcoin god). people expect free money.
thats why the price is so high.....eth lost value because blockchain is slow now
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:02:27 AM

Many altcoins now are going down in value Bitcoin wise, but some, even though they are depreciating in value against Bitcoin are still ahead when calculating by USD. So it all depends on what your end game is and what you entered the market in. If you entered the market in Bitcoin and you saw your stash go down, then of course you might be losing a lot. If you entered say the market with 10k USD but it's now worth 20k USD, then  you are still ahead. I think with all this upsurge in BTC value and volatility, we all need to re establish our strategic  end game better. Some people of course have become rich over the last few years, some of us are still aspiring to make a retirement nest egg.

Rightly said. Its easy to lose sight of your own end game. I bought in some BTC with Fiat and then exchanged almost all of it for alts on exchanges believing their fantastic sounding ideas and all the fan-fare (which i still want to believe).
The Alts are bleeding and i am down BTC wise but still up fiat-wise. I can just cash-out but i have mostly invested in alts that i found interesting and really want to see them succeed. So I have decided to keep them put and wait for the BTC bull-run to consolidate.

Thats my end game. The alt-coins are all pegged against BTC as most people buy them with BTC and not with real fiat money. I also think that a lot of the founders and the teams decide to dump their coin and get BTC so they can have more funds at hand.

This isn't really bad as the team gets more resources and you get cheaper alts (vis-avis BTC) to hold for later and profit from if the team delivers at a later date. If the team doesn't and just laughs its way to the bank with all that BTC, well then, that has been the falling of ICOs and Alts since the beginning. In that case, as usual, we the common investors are fucked.!! But hey, lets be positive.. Cool
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:03:21 AM

Many altcoins are getting rekt, I'm holding though. In my opinion, all altcoins went down because of Bitcoin, but I believe altcoin will rebound there is nothing to worry. In other hands, this is a great time to accumulate more altcoins because the price is pretty low.
Gangy

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:03:46 AM

The reason behind recent fall in altcoin is kinda obvious. Bitcoin increased so fast and unexpectedly all investors wanted to invest in bitcoin. So they dumped their alt coins to be able to buy bitcoin. That caused a sharp fall in some alt coins but i think things will level soon. It always does.

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:06:12 AM

sure this is crypto market.

but at the moment the reasons are the bitcoin forks (superbitcoin, bitcoin god). people expect free money.
thats why the price is so high.....eth lost value because blockchain is slow now
Bitcoin forks don't seem to be the reason. That frenzy has already passed. Its mostly because of the sudden increase in media exposure (everyone in my family has now heard of it), these people FOMOing and buying into BTC leading to exponential price increases and the big holders of alt-coins (bagholders) taking the opportunity to cash out.
On the positive side, it may lead to better distribution of the coins while the smaller investors may lose if they never come back up.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:07:56 AM

This is cause of fake tethers. Fake tether published and they buy bitcoin with these tethers.
Then people start to sell altcoins to buy bitcoin to get profit from rising trend.
this is going to end in really bad way.
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:09:11 AM

When bitcoin draws the entire market's attention with a pump this happens. People tend to sell their altcoins to try and ride the btc wave (and then return). Its a cycle that keeps repeating itself, but trying to time it is very hard, and many people lose a big portion of their stack trying to do so.

fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:11:03 AM

This is a direct result of the surge once again in Bitcoin. The problem is that the public has only heard about bitcoin. This is the reason.
imadmirer

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:06:52 PM

One of the reasons behind the fallen price of Altcoins is the soaring price of bitcoin. We understand that the digital currency in vogue with most people for transactions as well as the investors is bitcoin. This understandably causes the diminution of the use of altcoin and consequently the fall in its value.

The most recent update in news shows that bitcoin value is soaring as high as 15000$. This does not necessarily mean that people stop using and investing in altcoin but the interest and dependency on altcoin will fall. This reduced interest certainly contributes to lack of interest in the investors which will in the long run lead once again to further reduction in the dependency on altcoin for transaction.

This inverse proportionality is not always true. There are times when even though the bitcoin value soars up the value of altcoin will improve or remain constant. This happens especially with certain altcoins that when they are in more demand against a euro or a dollar their value simply does not fall.

An altcoin worth about 500$ will always help for easier and simpler direct transactions. This argument points out to the fact that many people can prefer using an altcoin as a whole for smaller transactions compared to the fractions of a bitcoin whose value is very high comparatively. This preference will certainly keep people wanting the use of altcoin against a dollar or euro or even a bitcoin.

What is more important is that an alternate currency to that of bitcoin is always necessary and will keep the digital currency transactions flowing. This multidimensional approach will certainly benefit people for making transactions with more and better options. A certain section of people will always push for the altcoin against a bitcoin trying to catch up with the latter in terms of value or/and utilize the altcoin better for its present value.
btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:38:45 PM

Many altcoins are getting rekt, I'm holding though. In my opinion, all altcoins went down because of Bitcoin, but I believe altcoin will rebound there is nothing to worry. In other hands, this is a great time to accumulate more altcoins because the price is pretty low.

I'm also holding and waiting bitcoin's main rise wave to stop and finally then alt coins will start rising. Many alt coins dropped very sharply unfortunately. Let's see what happens with bitcoin's fall.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:51:49 PM

One of the biggest errors new investors make in crypto is assuming that all coins will just rise.
When they go to coinmarketcap and see tons of red, they get confused and make panic decisions.

Crypto has no inherent value.
The valuations you see on coinmarketcap is just an average of the buy/sell price that people have put up on exchanges.

The reason why price corrections are so common is that, after a certain point, people are just unwilling to buy a coin at a certain price and this starts to drive prices down.

In addition to this, the entire crypto market is oversaturated and in a bubble state.

Although we see lots of new money coming in to btc, that doesn't translate to it going into alts.  There just isn't enough money in alts to sustain growth for all of them so this next year, expect to see a lot of the top 30 coins crash and burn.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: