Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: 100,000+ PXC  (Read 2770 times)
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 02:07:11 PM

This is terrible.

I test out alt coins by buying 1%+ of the economies on market, and roughly the same off market. My thought process is simple, if I buy a decent percentage of all the coins and bump the market, and coins keep coming stronger than I can buy them, then I feel people are holding big and trying to dump.

I bought 150,000+ PXC on market (5% of all mined PXC), and had only two offers to acquire some off market, one person wanted the bid at that time, the other wanted twice as much as they were worth.

After buying and bumping the market several times, it was still going down, and I couldn't move a percentage of the coins I was holding on market for love nor money. So I dumped them all on market and got out. It felt like too much of a risk, for me, personally, at this time.

Regarding PhenixCoin itself. I appreciated that a lot of work is going in to Phenix related stuff, but to me all that stuff is useless and not anything investors I know, or normal people I know, or indeed I, would use - so it didn't really mean anything to me.

I'm NOT saying PhenixCoin is a scam coin, it may do well, as may UNOCS.

tldr; I bought 5% of all PXC on market very easily, could have bought another 8% of coins off market, and another 5% of coins on market easily, and when I can buy 5% of an economy, double the price, and still easily acquire 10-15% more easily then I get itchy feet and dump.

You are right at the moment there are not lots of services where a normal user can use the coins but in the future these type of services will be available. You were so quick to get in and out. you should have waited till the UNOCS timer ends.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
webr3 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 02:20:54 PM

This is terrible.

I test out alt coins by buying 1%+ of the economies on market, and roughly the same off market. My thought process is simple, if I buy a decent percentage of all the coins and bump the market, and coins keep coming stronger than I can buy them, then I feel people are holding big and trying to dump.

I bought 150,000+ PXC on market (5% of all mined PXC), and had only two offers to acquire some off market, one person wanted the bid at that time, the other wanted twice as much as they were worth.

After buying and bumping the market several times, it was still going down, and I couldn't move a percentage of the coins I was holding on market for love nor money. So I dumped them all on market and got out. It felt like too much of a risk, for me, personally, at this time.

Regarding PhenixCoin itself. I appreciated that a lot of work is going in to Phenix related stuff, but to me all that stuff is useless and not anything investors I know, or normal people I know, or indeed I, would use - so it didn't really mean anything to me.

tldr; I bought 5% of all PXC on market very easily, could have bought another 8% of coins off market, and another 5% of coins on market easily, and when I can buy 5% of an economy, double the price, and still easily acquire 10-15% more easily then I get itchy feet and dump.

You are right at the moment there are not lots of services where a normal user can use the coins but in the future these type of services will be available. You were so quick to get in and out. you should have waited till the UNOCS timer ends.

That's a risk I was willing to take, given that there were three coins involved, I figured they'd all stay roughly the same value, and didn't see any of them breaking a market cap of about $200k each - I could be wrong though, and frequently am, I'll watch from a far and see what happens.
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 02:58:29 PM

That's a risk I was willing to take, given that there were three coins involved, I figured they'd all stay roughly the same value, and didn't see any of them breaking a market cap of about $200k each - I could be wrong though, and frequently am, I'll watch from a far and see what happens.

It is your own choice. But be sure to get back at the right time. Smiley And yeah I don't think they will stay at the same market cap. Lots of other investors like you are waiting to see whats next.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:55:51 PM

This is terrible.

PXC is still taking babysteps, even JohnCar, one of the creators, says it isn't ready for a large(r) exchange like BTC-E yet.
Maybe the coins was launched 2-3 months too early, lots of work to be done.

But I'm satisfied with where we are now and things are looking good Smiley

It would be nice if more was finished but things changed along the way, like the UNOCS merge deal that wasn't expected by anyone at first.
It's not a 3 month project, nobody ever said it would be, so I'll just give it the time it needs.

If you are patient, hop in, keep some coins, wait.
If you are not, hop on the LTC / DGC train, I think both coins will go up strong Smiley

I do both, including some other coins, like ARG, spread out a little.
But looking at the people behind PXC, I feel safe. They know what's coming, I know a little too, saw some great beta stuff already, but I like to be surprised Smiley
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:58:25 PM

This is terrible.

You should never take any risks you are not willing to carry.
I missed chances by not taking risks but I don't regret it. If it keeps you awake at night, forget it Smiley
Captain Hindsight is always right...  Grin
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 04:41:36 PM

I missed chances by not taking risks but I don't regret it. If it keeps you awake at night, forget it Smiley

Very true. I learned this the hard way when I still traded stocks. If you are nervous the whole day and stare at tickers and graphs, afraid to miss a chance to buy or sell, you're not a happy camper.

I mean ; I'm very tempted to take every single cent I have right now and buy coins with them, but there's always the chance that the whole bitcoin economy comes tumbling down, for example. Or maybe MtGox goes broke and take with it half of the total bitcoins. Scary things like that are possible.

Only buy coins with money that you wouldn't care to much about if it went " poof ". That's also why I never tell people they SHOULD buy PXC , BTC, gold, whatever. I don't want that responsibility Smiley

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
nviere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:43:17 PM

Very true. I learned this the hard way when I still traded stocks. If you are nervous the whole day and stare at tickers and graphs, afraid to miss a chance to buy or sell, you're not a happy camper.

I mean ; I'm very tempted to take every single cent I have right now and buy coins with them, but there's always the chance that the whole bitcoin economy comes tumbling down, for example. Or maybe MtGox goes broke and take with it half of the total bitcoins. Scary things like that are possible.

Only buy coins with money that you wouldn't care to much about if it went " poof ". That's also why I never tell people they SHOULD buy PXC , BTC, gold, whatever. I don't want that responsibility Smiley

Good advice
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:54:30 PM

Thats me. How did you know? Are you stalking me?

In the turbulent pump/dump over the last few days, I increased my PXCs by a little and at the same time decreased my WDCs. I never seem to be able to make a clean profit.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 05:01:59 PM

In the turbulent pump/dump over the last few days, I increased my PXCs by a little and at the same time decreased my WDCs. I never seem to be able to make a clean profit.

Grin
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 05:31:19 PM

The hard thing is calling a top at the right time, and telling at what point you should, as they say " Back up the truck and load up !"
All you can do is guess ! In time you'll learn to make better guesses and get 6 out of 10 right Smiley
It's gambling actually, you only have a small edge if you know the market well, and then you can still be unlucky.

I haven't made a " clean " profit yet on Cryptsy either. I had to sell WDC and FTC at a 13 % and 15 % respectively to be able to buy all the PXC I did. That is PXC I bought when that guy dumped at .00023 though, so worth taking a little loss to get  33% growth instantly Wink

I remember being disapointed a few months ago when I sold a lot of FTC for only 20 LTC per K, and seeing it rise to amazing heights. So now I only sell PXC when I'm 90% sure it's overpriced at the time and will go down again soon. But I have lost money like that before... sometimes it does NOT drop or there's not enough volume to buy back what you've sold and then you're also beating yourself up.

In the end it's all a risk vs reward game. Sure, you can try to sell PXC and buy it back lower everytime the graph spikes up, but if the rocket takes off and your holding BTC then you will feel rather sore in the rectal area Smiley
SImply buying and holding is MUCH less risky but also less ( potentially ) profitable.

But all of this is common sense and you guys know this so I'll stop rambling now.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: