Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:16:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Convert to ETH  (Read 698 times)
Alanin (OP)

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:12:53 AM

Looking at the average prices on the exchanges, i decided to swap my BTC to ETH...
To me it looks like we are in for a dip in BTC, and im not sure what will happen over the next days.

Is anyone deciding to keep BTC for now after this massive increase?
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:11:46 AM

Looking at the average prices on the exchanges, i decided to swap my BTC to ETH...
To me it looks like we are in for a dip in BTC, and im not sure what will happen over the next days.

If you hold ETH it is better to just hold it for now. Luckily, I have sold all my ETH before this and am planning to hold some ETH again now since it seems to be a wiser move to just hold it amidst of the confusion. I might also consider holding btc and divide my portfolio more. In your case, I think the wisest move is to hold specially if you are in a loss. If you aren't I will leave it up to you to sell now or not but IMO the best move to do in times of correction is hodl.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:34:05 AM

I think Ethereum is not doing bad in fiat because the price was $320 before this BTC rally started and now is around $450 that is close to 40% in fiat gain, but this is the irony most people want to get their BTC back
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:45:37 AM

Some people are still keeping their assets in the bitcoin caused by the bitcoin is the major value to tha nother crypto. You can see how ethereum goes drop on its bitcoin value. That's why the majority still hold their bitcoin. It may reach another ATH as soon as possible but bitcoin looks crazy right now.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:30:59 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 11:44:14 AM by DevelopmentBank

Apparently this was the wiser decision. I actually sold my ETH at the top thinking bitcoin would be unstoppable and reach $20k. Sucks for me now since bitcoin is crashing majorly. The good thing about crypto is whether you invest in ETH or BTC, you are always still a winner in the long term because both will still rise in value. This has been true since 2013 and hopefully it will remain to be for the coming years.
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:25:42 PM

If you have a lot of BTC and believe in ETH, now is definitely a good time to trade some to ETH. The only real concern is now there's IOTA on the block, will ETH ever regain to its full glory?

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:31:44 PM

depends on your predictions,,
eth is drop deep in BTC value because of the ethereum network have some issue and BTC show the power too
and now ethereum start recovering the value

gandhe83

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:34:26 PM

Now if you want to invest in Etherum then this is the best time. As Etherum as well as other altcoins are dropping sharply because bitcoin attracts too much investment. The beginning of 2018 will be the time when the entire crypto market will return and Etherum will certainly be leading the way in the strong growth altcoin.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:08:47 PM

Its a good time to dump some Bitcoins for Ethereum, but always hold some Bitcoins for the worst case! Ethereum is very low in the BTC pair right now and I think it will recover soon.
Gangy

Activity: 225

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:30:26 PM

Both ethereum and bitcoin are great coins with very bright future there is no doubt about it but i'm not sure if it is a good idea to hold any them from this point on. Because they both increased a lot lately and they will probably start to fall soon. If i were you i would not keep my money on any of them.I would  sell my bitcoins and wait for it to lose value and then buy them again.

Alanin (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:46:01 PM

Its a good time to dump some Bitcoins for Ethereum, but always hold some Bitcoins for the worst case! Ethereum is very low in the BTC pair right now and I think it will recover soon.

I bought some ETH at 2559000 sats. And i put them for autosale overnight for 3000000 just in case.
Lucky me, still making profits. And now BTC seems to be slowly increasing again Cheesy
Kang TB

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:26:37 PM

I bought some ETH at 2559000 sats. And i put them for autosale overnight for 3000000 just in case.
Lucky me, still making profits. And now BTC seems to be slowly increasing again Cheesy

nice profit, but eth could be increase more than 0.03 BTC each in few days from now,,
just my predictions  Wink

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:42:49 PM

As for me, I think that now etherium hasn't enough speculate potential. Bitcoin is an excellent speculative asset at the moment, having bought which, you will surely not lose. Also of course it is one of the best tools to save my savings. But 10-20% of my portfolio I also invest into Etherium, bucause of its stability. May be in the future I'll increase its stake.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:11:50 PM

I still have to hold on BTC, for me this price drop will subside as we inch closer to December 10 future contracts offering by CBOE and if my instinct in right, it will continue to gain to still gain momentum again tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. If my prediction is wrong then I will have to make another moved though. To dump bitcoin or exchange it to ETH as somewhat my leverage. But let's see how it goes in the next coming days. I maybe wrong here, but who knows.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:14:38 PM

Am holding some ETH, though I would have loved to have exchanged them to Bitcoin before this whole massive rise in Bitcoin.
But as it stands now, ETH is very down and this is a bad time to sell, so I will keep on holding till this whole thing is over.
Better days ahead for ethereum, I hope so.
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:19:56 PM

In my opinion thats the very good decision you made. Bitcoin price will be in correction phase vary soon and usually when bitcoin price down or stagnan ethereum and other good altcoin will be up and pumped. Maybe we will see $650 ethereum very soon. I hope it will happen before chrismast.
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:39:48 PM

Nah not sure man and why would btc dip
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:51:15 PM

I'm trying to avoid bitcoin right now, it's very high and not justified that highness, I'm afraid that in one day it will crash heavily. I advise you to keep on air
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:57:43 PM

It depends on your strategy, but hold some bitcoin and buy cheap coins. It seems like now all coins except bitcoin are cheap  Smiley chart says the same thing though  Roll Eyes

Alanin (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:05:05 PM

I'm trying to avoid bitcoin right now, it's very high and not justified that highness, I'm afraid that in one day it will crash heavily. I advise you to keep on air

i really doubt bitcoin will crash that heavily since it has gotten so many adopters. But spikes like theese are not uncommen. Investers pull out for profit, others will buy at dips like these.
I feel pretty certain that it will go up to 18, 19 maybe 20k by the end of year. It has been given alot of worldwide media attention lately, which will attract more adopters.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: