Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:06:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest worries about altcoins and ICO?  (Read 294 times)
Ealex (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:22:45 AM

Altcoins are fairly recent and new, what are your biggest worries about them?
Mine is that they may not be as successful as Bitcoin, and end up tanking after my investment.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:27:15 AM

With the price of BTC being increased dramatically i am worried about alts that they dont have any value in the future like the others's prediction 95% of alts wont have any value or will be dead.

Nariza

Activity: 246

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:33:56 AM

With the price of BTC being increased dramatically i am worried about alts that they dont have any value in the future like the others's prediction 95% of alts wont have any value or will be dead.
I am worried too. Most of altcoin now a days have a low value. But let see what will happen in the future.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:39:27 AM

My only worry is if I invested on a wrong ICO. Lots of new ICO keep coming each day, it's kinda hard to choose where to invest. And most of them will turn into a rubbish coin anyway.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:17:18 AM

That they will be destroyed by the price of Bitcoin or regulations.
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:14:49 AM

Failure of falling cryptocurrency altcoin .. much caused by the lack of adoption of the coin. Let's say, when cryptocurrency was first launched, and developers started releasing source code, but not accompanied by the growing adoption of miners. Likewise also the users are minimal, so many of them who ultimately failed halfway.
MyOddz

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:18:17 AM

There are some very promising alt coins out there, such as OMG. Some indeed will prove to be worthless as although the ICO may be a good idea, adoption in the real world will not happen as planned and the value could sink to zero.

Other alt coins which tap in to traditional markets which are already very profitable in the real world will have a very good chance to succeed and grow very large on the Ethereum block chain, once network issues are solved and there is more adoption of the technology. Alt coins /tokens offering profit shares/rewards, these are more interesting.

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:23:27 AM

There are some very promising alt coins out there, such as OMG. Some indeed will prove to be worthless as although the ICO may be a good idea, adoption in the real world will not happen as planned and the value could sink to zero.

Other alt coins which tap in to traditional markets which are already very profitable in the real world will have a very good chance to succeed and grow very large on the Ethereum block chain, once network issues are solved and there is more adoption of the technology. Alt coins /tokens offering profit shares/rewards, these are more interesting.

It's good to have potential alts, but make syre to have those included on top 10 alts, thus it will give a big opportunity for us in the future since they can last for long, but still keep on searching new alts

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:26:04 AM

I think there will be no worries about Altcoins and ICOs because it will be supposedly regulated due to most of them aren't making into success. Some of them are just scams that trying to take people investments of millions of dollars so it would be the good news for us if ICOs are regulated.
Imagine that we have already 1,500 Cyrpto currencies today and still many to come next year.

delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:28:41 AM

It's good to have potential alts, but make syre to have those included on top 10 alts, thus it will give a big opportunity for us in the future since they can last for long, but still keep on searching new alts

Honestly and in fact there are only a hundred potential Cyrptocurrencies that are going to have the potential to be the official altcoins in the world out of a thousand and a half existing ICOs and currencies. Most of them couldn't make it into success due to lack of skilled developers and management staff that support and sustain the competition.

joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:31:55 AM

BTC is moving fast well it means that alts will bleed and eventually wont have any value in the future.

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:32:17 AM

The biggest concern when investing in an altcoin is that it might not be successful and therefore dying. As most altcoins are fairly new and dont have a big community, this can happen pretty fast. Its always risky to invest in alts and even more in ICO's. I always look at the trading volume before I invest in an altcoin, if this is not fairly high I will stay away. The problem with ICO's is that even the ones that seem legit throughout the ICO can turnout to be a scam or only a money grab where none of the promises will/ can be delivered, this can happen due to lack of skills and not out of laziness or the like, but its the same outcome. I've become really careful when choosing ICO's, after loosing money and making some really bad experiences, Im rather suspicious than being deceived.
velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:32:54 AM

the worries about altcoin and ico may be drastically reducing prices. altcoin can move up significantly and price as well.
investors or participants are worried that alcoa and Ico's price will make a loss and not make a profit

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
MyOddz

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:36:19 AM

Honestly and in fact there are only a hundred potential Cyrptocurrencies that are going to have the potential to be the official altcoins in the world out of a thousand and a half existing ICOs and currencies. Most of them couldn't make it into success due to lack of skilled developers and management staff that support and sustain the competition.

Well OMG is an ERC20 compliant token which runs on top of Eth and all erc20 tokens do. Some will increase in value in line with the business that created them and others will increase due to the profit share that they offer. It's these that interest me. One I own is DICE and we are adopting the same profit share in our upcoming ICO.

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.
CryptoStats
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

:)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:36:42 AM

I'm only worried by the future of the project. Nowadays with Bitcoin value increasing Altcoin values are being affected but I think in the future the value will be in the project and not only in the currency speculation.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:38:55 AM

Altcoins are fairly recent and new, what are your biggest worries about them?
Mine is that they may not be as successful as Bitcoin, and end up tanking after my investment.

that is a valid concern and that is why people are only investing in altcoins as a short term investment and dump them after they are pumped up. that is why we call them pump and dump anyways.

most of them have no real adoption and when you check them out as a "currency" you can see they fail because of the issues they are introducing unknowingly for example having faster blocks or bigger and faster blocks!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

Your worry is a very valid concern. If you come to think about it, it is actually very hard for any altcoin to replicate as much of the success that bitcoin has achieved. Bitcoin is valued at $15000 at time of writing and the closest and next in line that comes to it is bitcoin cash which is only valued at 1/10th of it's value or $1500. That is a huge cap even for a clone of bitcoin what more some little new ICO that has no working product yet and no real world use. Most likely, Bitcoin will be the best store of value for now since no ICO other than Ethereum has really proven itself. That being said, Ethereum is really undervalued at the moment.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
partysumo

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:45:53 AM

I'm worried about their extreme unpredictability. Bitcoin is also unpredictable, but you get my point. I sometimes feel like altcoins do not go up, although the indicators say they should, or they don't go down when they should. Investing small amounts in such an unpredictable environment is no problem, but when it comes to large amounts, the unpredictability scares you.

auliahr

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:53:32 AM

My concern is that they make junk coins with a great idea that can get people interested, but when ico has finished and the token has been distributed, the project will stop and no new updates yet. Situations like this often happen and the price of coins keeps dropping to low. This is very bad for investors and can eliminate trust in ico. There is no point if we get a bonus in ico, but when listed in the exchanger the price of coins dumps to 2-10x below ico price.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:23:44 PM

The biggest worries about altcoins and ICO are many scammers here and fake ico and may steal your money because you invested in them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: