Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:48:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new to bitcointalk, not to bitcoins, a few questions  (Read 403 times)
theblackdog (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:49:23 PM

Hello, the following will be my first bitcointalk post, but I read the forums quite a bit, and have done a couple bit coin transactions in the last year or 2.

regarding the instawallet claim process, (I had some bitcoins in an instawallet when they got hit) I made a claim with them on april 12th, the day after they began their claims process, filled out the required info on my wallet url page, then a couple months later I realized I forgot to backup the wallet that I had told them to deposit my coins into upon refund...eek! the coins were going to be refunded to a multibit wallet that did not exist! So on 6/30 I actually went back to my wallet url and filled out the form again. stating my situation that I had claimed this wallet before, but had lost some information and would now like my refund to be deposited into <new wallet key>. Now that their claims process is complete, when I got to the url for the wallet, the pages reads:

"Flagged for Review due to multiple/conflicting claims
This wallet has been flagged for review or further identification is needed before releasing a payout."

However, since both these claims belong to me, and I provided the same email address for both claims, I would assume I am going to get refunded in one of the wallets, right? It would maybe just take slightly longer? (I did run a hard drive recovery and was able to recover the original wallet file)

Anyway, hope that's an ok first post....the thread about the instawallet claims process is a giant one, it's in economy>marketplace>service discussion in case you were unfamiliar with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: