Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction unconfirmed for 9 days  (Read 301 times)
mra201 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:15:59 AM

I didn't know much about transactions and fees so I chosed the recommended fee for an 8hour transaction (I have bitcoin core).Now I know the fee is way too low and no miner will take it and honestly I preffer the bitcoin to come back since the price increased like 60%.
I searched on google and people say it should come back within 3 days , others 1 week , I also saw 1-3 weeks somewhere , its 9 days already and still unconfirmed.

I also opened btc core with zapwallettxes , I heard the transaction wont be rebroadcasted and should come back , so far nothing for 2 days.
Can this be stuck forever?I dont mind if I have to wait 3 weeks to come back but I'm a little worried it will stay like this for way more or forever.
Also if the website where I made a payment with btc(I'm not getting what I bought untill transactions is complete) keeps rebroadcasting the transaction automaticaly , does that mean it will stay unconfirmed untill a miner takes it and never go back to my wallet?
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:39:17 AM

Hi mra201. There is the same problem for weeks now, I recommend you to use a service like this one > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2204426.0
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:39:40 AM

Me, and a lot of other people are also having the same problem. The network is very slow from past few days and transactions are unconfirmed for days. I don't know what the problem actually is, but like you, i'm also worried about my unconfirmed transaction. I know i won't lost my money, but i need to cash them out because i'm in need of cash right now, but because the transaction is stuck in the network, so i don't know what i should do. I thought of doing another transaction with priority fees to complete what i'm trying to do leaving the unconfirmed transaction on its own, but the fees were extremely high and i can't afford to pay that much. The fees if you select priority fee is more than $45 and i can't pay such an amount for just fees.
NoVegyzz

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 07:41:59 AM

While you are waiting for confirmations, you can try to solve our puzzle here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2504529.0
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:47:41 AM

BTC Mempool is full ! There are 229k unconfirmed transactions right now  Shocked
Better to point a high fee if you need to send you BTC asap.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:04:21 AM

This is one of the biggest problem of Bitcoin nowadays aside from the very high transaction fees. It happened to me before. I waited for few days before my transaction was completed. I'm just thinking what if Bitcoin is now legalized worldwide, can it handle the huge numbers of daily transactions? I hope that in the future, these problems will be resolved.
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:20:37 AM

Yes.it's true.Etherdelta is not reponse in a few days ago.It is so much painful for us.There is a technical problem occurred in the field of transaction. For that,transaction is still unconfirmed.Hopefully it will be returned soon by solving their problem

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mra201 (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:27:57 AM

ok I get it , the network is overloaded but why doesnt it drop the transaction after 9 days so I can make another transaction with higher fee
DannaWonder

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:36:29 AM

ok I get it , the network is overloaded but why doesnt it drop the transaction after 9 days so I can make another transaction with higher fee

I never heard of a transaction being dropped after sending it. I would suggest better to add more fees for it if you still have balance from that wallet or try using confirmtx.com. I also have a pending transaction for 3 days now. I'm still hoping that transactions will be resolved soon.
Arksun1

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:45:49 AM

Better to point a high fee if you need to send you BTC asap.

Unless the fee is massive, even a high fee doesn't help right now.

My transaction is still stuck, transferring 0.2 bitcoin with 0.002 fee made 18 hours ago, 0 confirmations.

The number of unconfirmed has stayed roughly the same the past 24 hours between 210000-230000, so if we assume 4 new transactions per-second, thats 240 per minute, 14400 per hour, 259200 for 18 hours, so my transaction really should have been cleared by now.  Things are definitely borked right now :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: