Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:12:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any guides on building a mining farm from scratch?  (Read 390 times)
vegascoiner (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:07:12 AM

Is it still the wild west when it comes to information on starting a mining farm or is there a formula out there already to do things practically and efficiently?

I am curious about things such as obtaining and distributing the power, buying vs leasing commercial property, buying lot vs existing building, most efficient cooling method, layout, etc.

Any links to some good guides would be appreciated.

Also, if I was to buy a small plot of land and put a shed/container on it, would it be pretty simple to have the power company provide a couple thousand amps or whatever I needed, perhaps I'd buy the transformer or would they want to see construction plans / have a solid structure in place? Basically would they just feed the line wherever I tell them to and then have me deal with an electrician to get the panel installed in the shed?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cmgmt1998

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:47:05 PM

unfortunately I don't know any guide fpr a mining farm but you might refer to high performance compunting datacenter guidlines and whitepapers.
there are many variations of ready to use and pre built modular datacenter-containers from suppliers like dell/emerson with different cooling solutions depending on your environmental setup and region.

you might look for a small property near to a tranformer substation so you don't have to pay to much development costs.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:37:38 PM

There are people with this knowledge, but most of us dont give it away for free when we can get paid $150/hour or more to consult on these exact questions.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
cableiso

Activity: 244
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:02:44 PM

As far as physical design, it's basically setting up a data center and you can learn a lot online about data center construction and design.

Other than that, I'd expect you could handle the networking aspects but if not that's another topic to research.

But OTOH, look at some of the colo ads - you'll see barns, outbuildings, wire racks in warehouses, reused grain elevators and some nonsense like that.  The bottom line seems to be cheap power and a good feed from the utility.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: