Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OPEN] Group Buy ASICMiner Blade (mini or full)  (Read 6028 times)
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:18:59 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 10:58:36 PM by CanaryInTheMine

This is a group buy for the forthcoming Blade Miners from ASICMiner.  original post by friedcat is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204030.0

What we know so far:
According to Taobao. Chinese auction website:
- New 5 Ghash/s mini blade.  9.88 BTC.  35 watt.
- New 10 Ghash/s blade. 18.88 BTC.  70 watt.

It is guestimated that the first batches produced will sell out rather quickly.  Therefore I'm setting up a group buy to make sure we have the purchasing power and btc in hand to make a purchase as soon as they are released.

DISCLAIMER:
All pricing is preliminary and CAN change if necessary...
The manufacturer has asked me to make it clear that we do not favor any pre-orders and therefore not accepting any.
You understand that this is NOT a PRE-ORDER of any kind.  and that ASICMiner does not favor anyone.  This is just a plain 'ole group-buy.  Grin
There's no time estimate on when these will be released yet.  We all have access to same info at this point.

I am 4 miles from a MAJOR DHL hub that receives these orders from China.  My delivery times are the best.  It takes me 11 minutes to drive to DHL when necessary.   My location is in a major metropolitan area next to a LARGE international airport that is a hub for shipping for all delivery companies.  This gives me access to DHL, FedEx (also just 4 miles away, open till 9 PM for next day shipping).  I have access to several Post Offices around me.  I can ship USPS till 7 PM.
Simply put, I am in the best position geographically and logistically to receive an order and to get it out to you ASAP.  Period.

I have run at least 11 group buys for ASICMiner USB products before.  The first one completed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195647.0 The second completed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=217981.0 The third completed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219422.0 and the fourth one completed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222960.0 the fifth completed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226656.0 sixth, seventh, eight, ninth and tenth can be found here on forums

Status updates:
2013-07-12: group buy for blades setup

Code:
NIC;                 Qty;   Paid;  Address; Ins; Message; Shipping via; Type
CanaryInTheMine;     1;     14; ---; Y; Confirmed; USPS Priority;
total:               2;

Common Questions:
When will I receive my order? Answer: When I order with friedcat, allocate up to 4 business days for me to receive it, I ship out to you as soon as ordered inventory arrives.  info on when I order or pre-order with friedcat can be found on the thread.  this info is shared on the thread.

Next Steps:
Collect orders for ASICMiner Blades.

Please Note:
Only send payments from an address you control (i.e. you can sign with it). If you send from MtGox or other exchanges, you risk loosing your funds since you can't prove you sent them. Please send from a wallet you can sign a message with.  You will send your shipping address via this method.

Policy update:
Refunds: Your orders are binding after your funds have been used to pay for an order.  Before that (while coins are piling up for the next batch), you can ask for a refund and will get it paid back in full. Understand that after you get refunded, I will not accept future orders from you.

Folks and miners,

As announced in the ASICMINER Blade Sales thread, I want to support the ordering of individual Block Erupter USBs and act as a distributor for the 50 units offered in bulk order by ASICMiner.

Product Description:
this picture is of a previous device:

new pictures will be posted as soon as they become available.

Pricing:

According to Taobao. Chinese auction website:
- New 5 Ghash/s mini blade.  9.88 BTC.  35 watt.
- New 10 Ghash/s blade. 18.88 BTC.  70 watt.

at the moment I'm adding .32 btc per device to handle distributions (shipping, insurance, handling etc...) this can change as necessary either up or down.

Ordering:

There is one common payment address: 1BywWhaLuHfoK4Hwi2ppPVRSCsxRb91cAS

To buy:

pick the number of ASICMiner Blade or mini-Blades to order: N.
send the appropriate amount C based on Pricing paragraph above.

post your order in the following format: forum_nick; N; C; sending_address; Y/N (insurance flag); mini or full blade
ensure the sending address is under your control, so you can sign with it in case of disputes

Shipment:
The ASICMiner blades miners will be shipped to you within 1 day of me receiving them.  Shipped in cardboard box, not padded envelopes...

Communication:
I live in Chicago (CST time zone: UTC/GMT -5 hours) and have a day-job that allows me ample time to devote to this endeavor. I do sleep at night, so if I don't answer at night, please be patient.  I'm pretty open and transperant with info.  I post it as soon as I have it, I do not withhold from anyone.  Please respect everyone's time.

Cheers,

Canary

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:19:19 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 06:18:13 AM by CanaryInTheMine

Reserved
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270573.0

<snip>
Products Update

Please note that the resellers usually get the products after one week or more
from the day we ship out.
Blade (Old Model):
  Restocking date - August 11, 2013
USB
  Restocking date - August 11, 2013
Blade (New Model):
  Availability date - August 18-25, 2013
(To be extended)

I'm selling the old Blade Model for 10.25  btc.  Lets get them in your hands ASAP!!

For volume orders 10+ contact me.

Payment address: 1BywWhaLuHfoK4Hwi2ppPVRSCsxRb91cAS

First paid, first shipped.
I expect to ship by end of next week, provided friedcat is able to meet his schedule.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:24:42 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 06:04:35 AM by Vycid

Can someone planning to purchase AM blades explain their justification of the expense, given the anticipated exponential difficulty increase (see http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/ )?

I've never understood the popularity of AM hardware at these price points so any insight would be awesome.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:28:40 AM

Reserved
NOW we be cooking!  I'm probably in, need to check funds.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:55:16 AM

I'm probably in for 1, pending further news on their release.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:31:58 PM

You missed a few changes in your cutting and pasting Wink   Still mentions USBs in the shipping area, etc.

I will be in for probably 2, maybe more.

Thanks for doing this Can!
madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:24:49 PM

Thank you for doing this.  I am definately in for 1, maybe 2.  I need to check into/understand the whole wallet signing thing.  Anyone suggest a wallet to do that from?
NeedsBitcoin

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:00:34 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 05:10:52 PM by NeedsBitcoin

Is this true about the specs?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1hedyd/asicminer_has_new_blade_airoil_cooled_new_mini/

Air/oil cooled
Open base standard (standardized ports)
Integrated PSU/fan unit
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:09:22 PM

Can someone planning to purchase AM blades explain their justification of the expense, given the anticipated exponential difficulty increase (see http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/ )?

I've never understood the popularity of AM hardware at these price points so any insight would be awesome.

Not the thread for this discussion.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
NeedsBitcoin

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:34:05 PM

Someone on reddit pointed out those numbers are off:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1i2w63/latest_shipment_of_avalon_asics_could_increase/cb0lbqm
Quote from: dexX7
To the author:
I honor your research, but you got one important fact wrong. Those 135 parcels were the whole stack of the transportation company and combined under one MAWD ("Master Air Way Bill" - 871-50508076). This is done regulary and the picture of the parcels shows clearly another line labled with HAWD#. The "House Air Way Bill" (JHG13060373) is the internal identifier for each receiver. Each parcel has "PCS 24" printed on the shipping label and is tagged with "n/24".
I also think he received less than 374400 chips. On the upper left box is a label with "QTY: 7834" which is far less than 15600 per box. One box below: "QTY: 7815". Couldn't read the other labels due to the picture quality, but my best guess: somewhere around but higher than 187200 chips and guaranteed less than 358850 chips. Equals 52.7904 TH/s - 101.1957 TH/s with stock clocking.
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 04:38:48 PM

I'm somewhat interested in these, but I'm worried about the price per GH/s.  It's a substantial markup over what other group buys and shares are offering. The only way these would make sense to me is if the group buy is aiming to have the blades in the users' hands before the end of July, or at most in mid-August.  If this is for indeterminate future delivery, then much better values are available.  So I guess my question is, what's the time frame for delivery on these?

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:12:48 PM

So I guess my question is, what's the time frame for delivery on these?
Same question, any estimates? I might be interested in 1 or 2 of mini blades.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:16:11 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1i2w63/latest_shipment_of_avalon_asics_could_increase/cb0lbqm
To the author:
I honor your research, but you got one important fact wrong. Those 135 parcels were the whole stack of the transportation company and combined under one MAWD ("Master Air Way Bill" - 871-50508076). This is done regulary and the picture of the parcels shows clearly another line labled with HAWD#. The "House Air Way Bill" (JHG13060373) is the internal identifier for each receiver. Each parcel has "PCS 24" printed on the shipping label and is tagged with "n/24".
I also think he received less than 374400 chips. On the upper left box is a label with "QTY: 7834" which is far less than 15600 per box. One box below: "QTY: 7815". Couldn't read the other labels due to the picture quality, but my best guess: somewhere around but higher than 187200 chips and guaranteed less than 358850 chips. Equals 52.7904 TH/s - 101.1957 TH/s with stock clocking.
wrong thread!  this thread is for a group buy for the upcoming ASICMiner blades... not Avalon!
NeedsBitcoin

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:21:15 PM

To the author:
wrong thread!  this thread is for a group buy for the upcoming ASICMiner blades... not Avalon!

I'm thinking of getting a blade or two, but Vicyd was asking why anyone would buy them for that price given that we are on the verge of a 500% difficulty increase based upon that article about avalon shipments, my response was to clarify that the article is wrong, and people who want to buy the blade should not worry about this.

I would have thought my response would have been fine unless you don't want people to order blades after reading that article?
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:30:58 PM

To the author:
wrong thread!  this thread is for a group buy for the upcoming ASICMiner blades... not Avalon!

I'm thinking of getting a blade or two, but Vicyd was asking why anyone would buy them for that price given that we are on the verge of a 500% difficulty increase based upon that article about avalon shipments, my response was to clarify that the article is wrong, and people who want to buy the blade should not worry about this.

I would have thought my response would have been fine unless you don't want people to order blades after reading that article?
would you mind keeping this thread on topic to it's intent as a group buy for the blades?
you are free to discuss your questions on other threads on these forums, which are numerous for the topic you raise.
thanks!
NeedsBitcoin

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:30:29 PM

Quote from: NeedsBitcoin
would you mind keeping this thread on topic to it's intent as a group buy for the blades?
you are free to discuss your questions on other threads on these forums, which are numerous for the topic you raise.
thanks!

Okay, I'll also find another place to buy blades from too.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 09:07:56 AM

You missed a few changes in your cutting and pasting Wink   Still mentions USBs in the shipping area, etc.

thanks for catching! fixed
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:40:55 PM

thanks for catching! fixed

No problem. Do it at work all the time!  Smiley
Ashkelon

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:28:18 AM

i'm very interested in your group buy as i rather dread having spend the next two weeks glued to my computer so i can jump on a blade when they get released. however i have to say i would feel more confident if escrow were involved. Is this a possibility? I would be willing to pay escrow fees

dominus mysteria
west17m

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:45:42 AM

I'll probably be in on at least a mini
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: