Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need BTC 2.0 ?  (Read 125 times)
sporty90 (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:12:46 AM

Hello,

this thread should not spread any FUD, I am also investing in
BTC to earn some money, I just want to share my opinion and would like to hear yours.

I think the main idea of btc is great, actually I would really like to know who created this coin, I have a bad feeling.

My concerns about the BTC and what I would like to see If we  can get  a BTC 2.0

- BTC is not anonym at all
- The  transaction speed is to slow
-Fees  are to high
- Decentralized, haha, Good Joke, these guys with the most mining power are making the rules, powerful people can easily buy those farms
- No democratie

The basic idea is great but for me the BTC failed and actually I will never use it in real life, its just a way to make money.

I dont want to pay with BTC If I go out with my girlfriend because the value of one btc could make x2 a week later.

I dont want to use a coin where every state can see all of my transactions.

I dont want to have powerful people which can decide what will hapen next.

For me the perfect coin would be, if the user could decide about the future, like an update ( bigger block), about futures and the wall street, a coin where ervery person can vote, no matter if you are holding 0.0000001 coin or 10000, every Person can vote one time.

Actually I am just asking myself, do I really want to pay with BTC in the near future or do I just want to make some bucks and maybe getting rich.

Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:38:30 AM

I tend to agree with you on all points but the main one: the 2.0 part is unrealistic. Problem with 2.0 is that (if you mean a new coin by 2.0) there were many attempts to create a new better coin in the past (just visit http://mapofcoins.com/bitcoin to see how many!) and your 2.0 coin would be just one of many altcoins.

On the other hand, and I think this is a way to go, we should upgrade BTC to have lower price volatility (it will come with time and widespread adoption in my view), lower fees and faster confirmations (for that you need to increase block size, you cannot run away from it, but we must avoid creating two coins in a result at all cost) and maybe a better protocol for voting on upgrades (here I have no ideas)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: