Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:50:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to VirWox for buying bitcoins in Singapore?  (Read 4153 times)
bitcoinFan1987 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:28:43 AM

I just spent 313.92 SGD (248.75 USD) and got only 2.09 BTC in return :|
Current BTC to USD is 97.

Just so much of fee is paid in so many layers:
1) SGD to USD in PayPal
2) USD to SLL in Virwox
3) SLL to BTC in Virwox

I lost about 40 USD (almost half a bitcoin) in this. Any better way?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edmundedgar

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

https://www.realitykeys.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:45:08 AM

SLL are Linden Dollars, right? Are VirWox still letting you sell those for Bitcoins? I thought Linden Lab had imposed capital controls and shut down third-party sales of Linden Dollars?
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:47:59 AM

SLL are Linden Dollars, right? Are VirWox still letting you sell those for Bitcoins? I thought Linden Lab had imposed capital controls and shut down third-party sales of Linden Dollars?

That´s right. You can´t even sell in to virwox now through SL. I did try it on the vorwox terminal some minutes ago and got the L$ send back in seconds.

This is sad. Thought to spend my L$ into bitcoin today.
edmundedgar

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

https://www.realitykeys.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:53:43 AM

That´s right. You can´t even sell in to virwox now through SL. I did try it on the vorwox terminal some minutes ago and got the L$ send back in seconds.

That's what I thought. So what did the OP do? Are VirWox still letting you trade a sort-of shadow Linden Dollar that only exists in their database and never actual makes it to Second Life?
andrewsg

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:26:09 AM

https://www.fybsg.com/

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:49:04 PM

That's what I thought. So what did the OP do? Are VirWox still letting you trade a sort-of shadow Linden Dollar that only exists in their database and never actual makes it to Second Life?

The workaround seems to be buying L$ through the virwox website with paypal or whatever. And then change the L$ to BCoins. This is then just happening over the virwox website and not through the game anymore. But it is kinda crap because the way back would be then BCoins to L$ and then to paypal or whatever. Its kinda annoying and expansive.

I would not suggest that anymore. I believe the creator Linden Labs of Second Life did get into trouble and this is why they don´t allow third party anymore. I believe it has to do with Bit Coin because they did cancel thirdparty agreement when bit coin got trouble here and there too (closing bitcoin services and freezing bank accounts) a month or two ago.

It´s shit because I am Second Life veteran and I do have tons of L$ over there due to the fact that I am merchand and graphic designer in Second Life. I usually just pay out with paypal there but two month ago I did spend them for bitcoins via virwox because I learned about bitcoin and it was a hell of fun doing these exchanges and watch the rates going up. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: