Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:12:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CME Futures are coming!  (Read 2437 times)
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:44:30 PM

The CBOE and CME bitcoin contract futures has already created a massive demand of bitcoin which literally generate the transaction congestion we're experiencing lately and I hope something will done to fix though.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:51:33 PM

Yes. There is a vast chance of being affected by the upcoming bitcoin. We know that, if the supply of the bitcoin increases, then its price will fall.
What you are even talking about,increasing the supply of bitcoin. Roll Eyes
The news of a future derivative market drove the price to these levels without a doubt,i was expecting a correction for a very long time and it is still not happening in the price and with the derivatives market being launched in December,i would like to see what the price would be by January and will there be much volatility in the price and so on,i do expect a correct once everything is launched and when there is nothing more to speculate. Grin
fatalbert

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:01:07 PM

Well the repercussions are clearly shown in terms of the price of bitcoin.

Too much hype, which is causing literally everyone to call bitcoin to be a bubble, just like the real estate bubble back in the day.

Stupid people want to pump the price so badly, gain the attention and boom ruin the whole thing after some time. Don't want stock market people to come play with bitcoin now, seriously.

The crypto world is much better without the likes of them. But fucking no one can do anything 'bout it.  Cry Sad

Wow, so you really think the CME and CBOE involvement is bad?!

I think it will only be good for Bitcoin. And let me explain to you how this will work, because I think you may be misinformed.

Futures transactions will happen via the futures market the CME and CBOE use. The buy and sell transactions are cleared through their network. These transactions will not hit the blockchain, therefore the daily volatility of futures contracts won't directly impact the price of Bitcoin.

What will influence the Bitcoin price is these investment firms (or individual investors) having to buy and hold Bitcoin as reserves to back some of the futures transactions. If you're selling a covered put (for example) you need to own Bitcoin to cover the sale. Instead of individual investors buying Bitcoin and holding it with these investment firms, the investment firms will likely buy Bitcoin to hold as reserves for the transactions.

This futures business should create more buy and hold investors.

Not correct cause its cash settled.
fatalbert

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:07:40 PM

Is there a chance that the the bitcoin futures price will be used a standard price for bitcoin?

This is my #1 fear and will be tail wagging the dog.

I fear the news is going to only quote futures price and people will use this price only and fearful and sell actual BTC. Hence tail wagging dog.

Now if retailers know to only check GDAX/Coinbase/Gemini, etc we are good to go and Wall  St. firms will blow up pretty fast since their endless amounts of fiat don't move physical BTC as "we" are all privy to their game.

BTC and the futures are connected in no way. 1 is a paper bet with endless fiat. 1 is actual BTC trading.

Stay strong and spread the word.
poliy1219

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:44:59 PM

People who hate the stock market are getting into the encrypted currency. They don't understand block chain technology at all, so that they come to the market only to make the encrypted market unhealthy. Today's dramatic fluctuations are also seen, which is directly related to futures entering bitcoin.
DronICO

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:38:07 PM

The end of the year marked the arrival of bitcoin futures contracts. Since CME Group and the CBOE announced their bitcoin futures contracts launch - the world awaits for the new wave of Bitcoin adoption.

In this article you can find the most important information about upcoming bitcoin futures.

1. CBOE Futures

Sales date: December 10, 2017

Contract unit: The Cboe Bitcoin Futures Contract will use the ticker XBT and will equal one bitcoin.

Trading hours: Cboe’s XBT contract will trade on CFE, with regular trading hours of 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Eastern time on Mondays and 9:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m Tuesday through Friday. Extended hours will be 6 p.m. Sunday to 9:30 a.m. Monday, and 4:30 p.m. Monday through to 9:30 a.m. Friday.

Margin rate and clearing: Cboe’s contract will clear through the Options Clearing Corporation and a 30% margin rate will apply.

Contract expirations: Cboe said it may list up to four weekly contracts, three near-term serial months, and three months on the March quarterly cycle.
Price limits and trading halts: Cboe will halt trading in its contract for 2 minutes if the best bid in the XBT futures contract closest to expiration is 10 percent or more above or below the daily settlement price of that contract on the prior business day.

2. CME Futures
Sales date: December 17, 2017...

Most likely it will be a bear affecting for a whole crypto market because a huge players will finally have a way to take all those crypto enthusiasts' money! Did yall really think that everybody could become mi/bilionaire and take this OG economic system down which was created through many wars and a blood in our history? I dont think so. Be ready for a huge dumping and better stay safe at these dark times.
rohqit

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:40:53 PM

As a contrarian, the obvious answer is that this will cause massive manipulation of btc price resulting in erratic swings up/down but I will go against popular judgement and say it will cause continued upward trend .... but these thieves may stay true to form and destroy btc
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:59:40 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 04:46:26 AM by fanbeila

It would affect the bitcoin market positively in the short term and negatively in future as it may crash just as it happened in tulips.But what we could see now is that most of the investors are excited about price hike.Some term it that crash could happen like tulips while some others say that there would be no negative effect sincpetrolfuruoil futures is there and it has not affected the oil prices.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:08:47 PM

It will definitely have an impact, as investors who are skeptical about the crypto-exchanges will start investing in Bitcoin through CME and CBOE. But still, I think that an ETF based on Bitcoin will be having much more impact. And from what I have heard, some of the mainstream traders are considering listing Bitcoin ETFs in NASDAQ in 2018.
BlockMedx

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:12:05 PM

With the amount of institutional money that's going to have exposure via the CME and CBOE there's no way it won't have an effect.  The exact magnitude remains to be seen, but it will absolutely affect the market.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:30:33 PM

definately we can see its effect on marhet.its clearly predictable Smiley

Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:42:24 PM

What is XBT ? sorry feel like I'm recovering from stroke ...  Huh

Patent1number: ****-****
faucetpig

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:00:53 PM

What is XBT ? sorry feel like I'm recovering from stroke ...  Huh
XBT means a currency not officially recognized by any country
X currencies get that abbreviation.
BTC is well the name we use
Super T

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:20:29 PM

2> The CME futures are financially settled, as opposed to physically settled.  While not confirmed, this will be based on an index of real exchanges such as GDAX.  But, this only matters for contract expiration.  (The daily settle will be based solely on the price of the futs themselves, not on external real exchanges such as GDAX.)

Settled against Gemini.

From CBOE website: http://cfe.cboe.com/cfe-products/xbt-cboe-bitcoin-futures?utm_campaign=bitcoin-futures&utm_medium=vanity-url&utm_source=na

"XBT futures are cash-settled contracts based on the Gemini's auction price for bitcoin, denominated in U.S. dollars."

This is likely responsible for recent GBTC correction. https://seekingalpha.com/article/4130800-bitcoin-investment-trust-set-big-correction

Capitalist_Dog

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:22:55 PM

The most important aspect of these futures products is that large enterprises, PayPal/Venmo for example, can add Bitcoin products without currency risk. This enables massive onramps for adoption.
wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:28:54 PM

I thought it was going to require physical delivery, but it seems it's a cash settlement system, If the market becomes large enough, it means that the banks can manipulate the price, and increase their holding in Bitcoin at the expense of the speculators. This will be bad for the reputation of Bitcoin.

If manipulation of bitcoin price really happening, it will make people dont believe to bitcoin anymore i think.
They think will loss if someone or company have power to control or manipulate the price.
chris molty

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:39:25 PM

I'm curious to see how bitcoin will react
andylioe78

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:42:52 PM

Bitcoin may not explode soon, there is great support for the moment Maybe it will not go down for a few months, as you have seen if the stock market wants to invest something, they invest heavily in the next 3-6 months, when they find out that people are very interested to buy bitcoin, they will throw it away so that people lose confidence in their investment, they become disappointed and even Depression is very common now, only the SEC can do something and set some kind of limitations for example..only God knows.
timisis

Activity: 178

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:00:57 AM

As we "all know", market makers get clued from derivatives about what and where to price. Except that BTC has so little market making that I cannot see an immediate effect
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 12:08:54 AM

Their site is much slower than I would expect. They probably have some problems with high amount of traffic.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████