Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:56:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crave: NextGen  (Read 35884 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:07:28 AM

Is that a serious question? Just install the new wallet, buy Crave coins at https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org
move the coins into your wallet and unlock for staking. Crave NextGen looking very good, interesting project for sure.
bambambam

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:05:17 PM

I setup crave masternode few months ago and now I've basically forgot all the passphrases and passwords I've used back then, but I have private keys. Can I still recover my CRAVE coins? I have no idea how to stop masternode and withdraw the coins to be honest? All the help is appreciated!
windmm

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:17:06 PM

Is that a serious question? Just install the new wallet, buy Crave coins at https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org
move the coins into your wallet and unlock for staking. Crave NextGen looking very good, interesting project for sure.

Sorry. I will give more details.

I have 5200 coins at the moment in my MN address.

I want to stake those 200 coins and any reward coming to the node later.

How to do that?
Daddy123

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:37:30 PM

Hello. Does Yobit Crave is on the same chain with Cryptopia or its scum(yobit)?
RichardTzones

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:52:55 PM

Interesting project this is.

@Slothman, your signature is still filled with outdated information

@Slothman, hi guys.. the MN cost for now 5000 Crave? thank you.
Slothman

Activity: 332
Merit: 263

Embrace The Darkness.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:46:38 PM

I setup crave masternode few months ago and now I've basically forgot all the passphrases and passwords I've used back then, but I have private keys. Can I still recover my CRAVE coins? I have no idea how to stop masternode and withdraw the coins to be honest? All the help is appreciated!
If you have your wallet privkey, you should be able to import to your old wallet to a new wallet and access your coins

How to do that?
Make sure your 5000 coins are locked in Coin Control, then simply unlock your wallet for staking to stake everything but that 5000.

Yobit is scum, and would advise not to trade there  Smiley; at least with Crave.

5000 for the new wallet / blockchain, yes (if you swapped, or bought from CryptoBridge).  You are still able to buy 500 from the old blockchain (Cryptopia), then go through the procedure to swap, as long as it is before February 12.
Daddy123

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:52:21 PM

Yobit is scum, and would advise not to trade there  Smiley; at least with Crave.
Thanks
NateBronson

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:45:30 AM

Project seems interesting. Will be watching thread.
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:11:39 AM

when put my old wallet.dat in an old wallet downloaded from site i get the following message  :

warning: error reading wallet.dat1 all keys read correctly , but transactiondata or adressbook entries might be missing or incorrect

do i have to use another wallet or is it just my wallet.dat that is worthless now?
NateBronson

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:24:37 PM

Here is what I learned about Crave tonight:

1.) The daemon/wallet for crave at https://craveproject.net is not the same as the coins on cryptopia.  If you buy coins on cryptopia you can't send them to this daemon/wallet nor can you send coins from this daemon/wallet to cryptopia.
2.) coinmarketcap.com and masternodes.online point you to older bitcointalk threads and list the coins as the ones on cryptopia
3.) It looks like the coins on cryptopia are deprecated so you will need to trade them in some how for the new coins generated at craveproject.net
4.) If you want to buy this version of crave that is represented currently on craveproject.net you have to buy them from crypto-bridge.org

I see others noting that their masternodes are not working with their 500 coins.  The old crave coin was 500 for a masternode, looking at the masternode guide on craveproject.net and actually the to of this thread, it is actually 5000 coins you need for a masternode

It would have been nice if they would have changed the name after the fork to reduce confusion.  I feel like i'm trying to sell BTC with BCH thinking they are the same.

With all that said:
1.) I like the new Crave wallet, I'll probably just hodl my coins for now
2.) I discovered crypto-bridge.org, I was a little worried at first but after using it, its really responsive and the fees are not bad and I kind of like it

Hopefully this helps others out with the confusion.

Thank you for that. The first part of your post really needs to be addressed. Links from CMC and mn.online led me down the old bitcointalk threads and the older coins. Luckely I was able to get some off crypto-bridge which is becoming a favorite of mine.
Slothman

Embrace The Darkness.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

when put my old wallet.dat in an old wallet downloaded from site i get the following message  :

warning: error reading wallet.dat1 all keys read correctly , but transactiondata or adressbook entries might be missing or incorrect

do i have to use another wallet or is it just my wallet.dat that is worthless now?
The craveproject website currently has the new wallets, not the old ones.  The old wallets must be found on GitHub.
CooleRRSA (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:38:31 AM

Trade Satoshi is now available for trading new CRAVE!
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:08:29 AM

Nice to see another exchange listing. Compliments to the Crave team, Crave NextGen is very interesting and the support provided by the team in Discord is outstanding.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:14:32 PM

How to compile Crave wallet for Ubuntu 16.04?

I have tried with the repo available but have not been able to compile wallet.
Slothman

Embrace The Darkness.

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 06:22:01 PM

You can either follow the PDF guide, video guide, or there is also a script in the #how-to-links channel of Discord which will compile the wallet for you.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:26:24 PM

You can either follow the PDF guide, video guide, or there is also a script in the #how-to-links channel of Discord which will compile the wallet for you.

The problem is I don't want to set up a masternode.

I am trying to set up a GUI wallet in a Linux environment but the Github download is missing a lot of files when it comes to compiling the wallet.

Maybe devs can upload a compiled Crave QT like they have for the other versions.
tkon3

Activity: 824

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:13:48 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 08:29:14 PM by tkon3

The problem is I don't want to set up a masternode.

I am trying to set up a GUI wallet in a Linux environment but the Github download is missing a lot of files when it comes to compiling the wallet.

Maybe devs can upload a compiled Crave QT like they have for the other versions.

Updated the script available on discord (#how-to-links) to allow a GUI install. Tested on ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Drag the script somewhere :
Code:
chmod +x crave-install.sh
./crave-install.sh gui
CooleRRSA (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:46:52 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 10:52:05 AM by CooleRRSA

Cryptopia trading has stopped. After some time Cryptopia wallets will be unlocked for withdrawing.

Added some explanation about old and new Crave.
ronbilo

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:03:21 PM

If you have your wallet privkey, you should be able to import to your old wallet to a new wallet and access your coins

How to do that?
Make sure your 5000 coins are locked in Coin Control, then simply unlock your wallet for staking to stake everything but that 5000.

This is a great question about staking the remaining coins in ones wallet, other than those assigned to the MN, the answer about 5000 coins being locked in "Coin Control" is alittle vague for me, how does one lock the MN coins up in coin control? Thanks for helping.

5000 for the new wallet / blockchain, yes (if you swapped, or bought from CryptoBridge).  You are still able to buy 500 from the old blockchain (Cryptopia), then go through the procedure to swap, as long as it is before February 12.
Slothman

Embrace The Darkness.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:29:41 PM

In the Send tab, click on the Open Coin Control button.  If that is not there, you must enable it in Settings > Options > Wallet.

Once in Coin Control, right click on the 5000 transaction and lock it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: