Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:17:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed Transaction sent Zero Fees by Mistake Multibit HD  (Read 192 times)
BTC Zebra (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:13:07 AM

Dear All,

I have been in bitcoin for a few years and need to make a few transactions, I set up a new install of Multibit HD to transfer to.

My old version of Multibit HD sent it with I believe zero fees, this was an error and something I will be aware of for future transactions.

I sent 0.02 BTC at 22:04 last night, so it has been over 11 hours. I want to know what my best option is here, I need to get this confirmed and resend a larger transfer with a good level of fees - advice on a suitable level would be appreciated. The next transfer would benefit from some speed as a larger transfer.

If this does not confirm, what are my options there? I do have access to the sending and receiving address.

Many Thanks,

BTC Zebra
racquemis

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:39:07 AM

Hi,

Multibit has been discontinued...

I think your best option is to export the private keys and import them into bitcoin QT and go from there.
Can you post the sending address or TX?

Regards.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 12:35:22 PM

You could try to either 1) double spend the transaction with a higher fee (Replace-by-Fee) or 2) since you have also access of the recieving address, CPFP (Child pays for parent).
1) Quite a few wallets have this function build in. Bitcoin core and electrum for example.
You could import your private keys into one of these wallets and 'replace' the old TX.
2) If you plan going for CPFP then you basically have to create a new transaction spending those unspend outputs.
From either the address you sent the btc to or the change address (if you didn't send the whole amount). Make sure to include a fee which is high enough to cover the size of
both transactions. You can look for an estimated fee here: https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: