Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKitties proves Ethereum and it will only get better.  (Read 779 times)
MyOddz (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 12:59:03 PM

My opinion is that the CryptoKittie craze has been very good for Ethereum. I've seen comments that the Ethereum network can't handle a large number of transactions but this is patently untrue.

Prior to the cats being let out of the bag, in one day about 10 days ago now, Ethereum processed over 500,000 transactions, more than half of ALL cryptocurrency transactions and the vast majority of those were at approx 12 seconds and for a very low gas price.

Since then, the number of transactions per day has been increasing up to almost 800,000, even with kitties and dwarfing transactions by all other currencies combined!

Yes, transaction times have increased as has the price of gas (which is extremely frustrating), but this is due to scaling which will be sorted out in due course with solutions coming on board, in fact some are already on the mainnet.

We have Plasma, Raiden and in particular, Sharding, to look forward to which will not only bring transaction times back down again, but also GAS fees.

The crypto world has never seen the like of kitties before and even CryptoKitties themselves never expected such a reaction to their project, it's unprecedented but actually works and is continuing to do so.

This can only bode well for the future as we are now aware of the issues at a very early stage in the Ethereum network development and development of solutions will now be at the forefront of developers minds.

Rather than be disheartened this is positive I believe.

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MyOddz (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:09:16 PM

Here is a chart showing the growth in transaction numbers on the Ethereum network, prior to and since the introduction of CryptoKitties.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-transactions.html

Also

Ethereum has approximately 22k pending transactions as can be seen here:

https://etherscan.io/chart/pendingtx

And Bitcoin has over 210k pending transactions as can be seen here:

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:36:37 PM

Here is a chart showing the growth in transaction numbers on the Ethereum network, prior to and since the introduction of CryptoKitties.

Also

I don't know yet all details regarding this kittens, but it's really making the transactions too slow, it can be a good additional features if it will not cause too much delays.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:47:01 PM

My opinion is that the CryptoKittie craze has been very good for Ethereum. I've seen comments that the Ethereum network can't handle a large number of transactions but this is patently untrue.

Prior to the cats being let out of the bag, in one day about 10 days ago now, Ethereum processed over 500,000 transactions, more than half of ALL cryptocurrency transactions and the vast majority of those were at approx 12 seconds and for a very low gas price.

Since then, the number of transactions per day has been increasing up to almost 800,000, even with kitties and dwarfing transactions by all other currencies combined!

Yes, transaction times have increased as has the price of gas (which is extremely frustrating), but this is due to scaling which will be sorted out in due course with solutions coming on board, in fact some are already on the mainnet.

We have Plasma, Raiden and in particular, Sharding, to look forward to which will not only bring transaction times back down again, but also GAS fees.

The crypto world has never seen the like of kitties before and even CryptoKitties themselves never expected such a reaction to their project, it's unprecedented but actually works and is continuing to do so.

This can only bode well for the future as we are now aware of the issues at a very early stage in the Ethereum network development and development of solutions will now be at the forefront of developers minds.

This just about the matter of time when ethereum will be implemented all of the scalability solutions and when sharding blockchain will real and a lot of the dapps will build on the ethereum platform. Cryptokitties just proves us about how the dapps that build in ethereum platform is really working right now. That's different with bullshit SDK by a competitor.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███

JOIN

███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Alexander Mamaev

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:56:46 PM

I agree. The case with CryptoKitties does not so much indicate that the system has serious vulnerabilities, as it demonstrates that the Ethereum blockchain’s technological development lags behind its popularity. The system just didn’t have enough capacity to accommodate so many users at once.

Public's interest in Etherium also offers many positive moments. It means that we will have more experienced users with knowledge concerning proper storage of cryptocurrency, as well as about the means to protect their assets.

The most pertinent danger  for Ethereum-based cryptocurrencies and other types of blockchain-based digital money is centralization.There is still a possibility that a pool of rich individuals or companies may buy all the digital assets in a decentralized system
for their own financial or other benefit.
hanlieuiypm9832

Activity: 404

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:00:10 PM

Yes, I think the cryptokitty is a good way to prove the ETH network is good though there is some crowded situations. I also think it is a good way to Let more people know the value of ETH.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Powered by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:06:41 PM

ETH is going to be clogged like this for 1 or 2 months. People are going to be desinterested about it and ICO are going to move to other coins and not use ETH as people can't send ETH. I don't see how ETH is going to better. The price is the same and may get lower, but the transfer fees are more important and the difficulty to mine it also grows a lot. A lot of people are mining other coins as they are more profitable than ETH.

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:06:44 PM

Even though it spikes up the transaction costs and generally makes for a slower network, I still like the kitties.
Introduces new people to crypto.
Despacito

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:10:30 PM

ETH is going to be clogged like this for 1 or 2 months. People are going to be desinterested about it and ICO are going to move to other coins and not use ETH as people can't send ETH. I don't see how ETH is going to better. The price is the same and may get lower, but the transfer fees are more important and the difficulty to mine it also grows a lot. A lot of people are mining other coins as they are more profitable than ETH.

I'm a ETH supporter, let me indicate this first. I also couldn't understand how eth is going better with cryptokitties. The network is locked down and we can't make token transfers. I have to pay $2 for a simple token transfer, this is bad!
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:11:19 PM

Yeah I am seeing tons of posts about CryptoKitties, or at least a couple so far, and it seems to be going viral. Hope the ETH network gets faster and gas prices decrease soon though. Tongue
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:18:06 PM

Nice information. Thank you.

motionerror

Activity: 76
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:18:32 PM

It's a great game and I can see why people are hooked with it, had a play with it myself yesterday.

Toshi has now released it, for anyone who doesn't know, Toshi is the Ethereum browser (mobile app) which coinbase have built.

The only downside I see at the moment, on Desktop especially, is that MetaMask is a little clunky. There needs to be a smoother way to transact.

BTC
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:38:59 PM

Also

Yep but Bitcoin has monetary transactions. Ethereum on the other hand ends up with its network pretty much offline due massive flood of retarded usage such as CryptoKitties or buying into the latest ICO mega hypejob.

Also there is a lot of spam going on in Bitcoin:

https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#30d

Some of that doesn't seem like organic transactions to me. But the good news is they lose money doing that and eventually subside.

The point is, having use cases like "Cryptokitties" on a main chain instead of sidechain is just insane. Main chain should be for straight simple money transactions.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

Yes crypto kitties is good for ethereum blockchain  for it has given it much more exposure the smart contract of CryptoKitties has accounted for nearly 14 percent of the entire ethereum network’s transaction volume, which is higher than the transaction volume of all other crypto currencies in the market combined.
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:17:20 PM

Кpиптoмиp никoгдa paньшe нe видeл пoдoбныx кoтят, и дaжe caми CryptoKitties никoгдa нe oжидaли тaкoй peaкции нa cвoй пpoeкт, этo бecпpeцeдeнтнo, нo нa caмoм дeлe paбoтaeт и пpoдoлжaeт этo дeлaть.

I think that Cryptokitties creators, among whom it seems to me, are secretly hiding Vitalik, planned and expected such a reaction and it is very similar to the creative way of testing the network Smiley And of course this is useful in general.

OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 08:24:35 PM

Also

Yep but Bitcoin has monetary transactions. Ethereum on the other hand ends up with its network pretty much offline due massive flood of retarded usage such as CryptoKitties or buying into the latest ICO mega hypejob.

Also there is a lot of spam going on in Bitcoin:

https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#30d

Some of that doesn't seem like organic transactions to me. But the good news is they lose money doing that and eventually subside.

The point is, having use cases like "Cryptokitties" on a main chain instead of sidechain is just insane. Main chain should be for straight simple money transactions.

I agree 100 percent here. In fact, there are sidechain solutions already in the works. Check out the white paper in my signature. Ethereum cannot handle this type behavior and if it continues to develop in this manner, then there may be a rek in the works. And, once contracts become fully autonomous, access to the network will become unattainable without sidechains.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄      
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
Praetorian.1legion

Activity: 476
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:25:02 PM

Everyone goes crazy in their own way, but how many are crazy? But, nevertheless, the more insane the idea, the more attractive.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
btcdamnit

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:31:33 PM

Yes crypto kitties is good for ethereum blockchain  for it has given it much more exposure the smart contract of CryptoKitties has accounted for nearly 14 percent of the entire ethereum network’s transaction volume, which is higher than the transaction volume of all other crypto currencies in the market combined.

Yeah,
Its kind of stress testing the ETH network.
Hope Ethereum will fix Large scale network clogging soon and definitely it will come back stronger.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:34:59 PM

Crypto kitties proves that ethereum platform and smart contracts are a new planet which need to be explored.

JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:35:48 PM

I think the Cryptokitties idea is great. The idea is novel and fun. Good for Ethereum overall, despite the current network congestion.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: