Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKitties proves Ethereum and it will only get better.  (Read 779 times)
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:15:36 PM

My opinion is that the CryptoKittie craze has been very good for Ethereum. I've seen comments that the Ethereum network can't handle a large number of transactions but this is patently untrue.

Prior to the cats being let out of the bag, in one day about 10 days ago now, Ethereum processed over 500,000 transactions, more than half of ALL cryptocurrency transactions and the vast majority of those were at approx 12 seconds and for a very low gas price.

Since then, the number of transactions per day has been increasing up to almost 800,000, even with kitties and dwarfing transactions by all other currencies combined!

Yes, transaction times have increased as has the price of gas (which is extremely frustrating), but this is due to scaling which will be sorted out in due course with solutions coming on board, in fact some are already on the mainnet.

We have Plasma, Raiden and in particular, Sharding, to look forward to which will not only bring transaction times back down again, but also GAS fees.

The crypto world has never seen the like of kitties before and even CryptoKitties themselves never expected such a reaction to their project, it's unprecedented but actually works and is continuing to do so.

This can only bode well for the future as we are now aware of the issues at a very early stage in the Ethereum network development and development of solutions will now be at the forefront of developers minds.

Rather than be disheartened this is positive I believe.

I still support ethereum, i know that eth can handle this problem and this is a great opportunity for them to change and improve there system. I know that someday they can handle millions of transaction in a second. It is a great lesson for all of us and it shows how strong eth is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:44:32 PM

Interest in CryptoKitties has already fallen. But what happens when the analogues of CryptoKitties appear? Ethereum hardly coped with one game, but what if there are several?

Antiqua

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

As for me, cryptokitties only helped for ethereum
1) People learned to use it, even who did not know how to do it before
2) They show, how powerful it is, that Ethereum transactions take up 50% of all the cryptocurrency
3) And learned what is it smart contracts

In general, the developers have taken the right tool - kitties, they all love it!
I even saw that one ICO (https://goo.gl/cwxd52) gives cryptokitties for the purchase of tokens
it's so sweet  Roll Eyes
ah interesting post
instead blame cryptokitties for lame transaction, we can learn a lot of thing from this situation
sudden high demand from that aps will help ETH price to grow even more
i wonder what will happen in the next future with this platform and blockchain

OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:47:37 PM

It just brings to the forefront the question that's been plaguing the blockchain space concerning scalability. I think that a protocol that utilizes sidechains to do the heavy work associated with these "smart contracts" will be the solution to much of this congestion arising from these robust contracts bloating the main chains. That's just my prediction and that's where I've been placing my investments.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄      
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:51:42 PM

i would say how is that ? how it proves Ethereum ? i think it got even worse i have major problems in trading i can not buy nor sell my tokens the platform is making use of they are taking fees on transaction not made i am thinking to leave this platform.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:01:18 PM

a cryptokitties game can make ethereum so slow, ethereum has still a long way to go
Elgrown

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:06:54 PM

the Ethereum transactions take up 50% of all the cryptocurrency, thats not bad
MyOddz (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 08:47:20 PM

It just brings to the forefront the question that's been plaguing the blockchain space concerning scalability. I think that a protocol that utilizes sidechains to do the heavy work associated with these "smart contracts" will be the solution to much of this congestion arising from these robust contracts bloating the main chains. That's just my prediction and that's where I've been placing my investments.

This is possible to a degree already with state channes which can do tasks off chain. you can read more about those in our whitepaper if you'd like to as we will be adopting them in our upcoming ICO.

What will REALLY make the difference is quadratic sharding. these are like sub block chains which can do large numbers of transactions, and then upload the headers only to the main net. it will make a huge difference!

Kitties have accelerated the development which is great and these will take us to Ethereum 2.0 already!! After than, transactions numbers will go nuts and we could quite easily see 10,000 transactions a second by early 2019 which is insane.

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.
Gloria_16

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:11:48 PM

Well, I do not know, because with the advent of Crypto Kitties constantly show that the ethereum network is loaded, these CryptoKitties do not attract me, so I do not see any benefit from them
captain8

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:12:28 PM

Anyone see the airdrop for cryptomon?

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:22:38 PM

I guess the kitty-crisis is over isnt it? https://ethgasstation.info/ shows a safelow of 4 again.
Did people stop playing that game and hype settled down or did the ethereum devs did something to improve scalability?
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:50:50 PM

This is really unbelievable thing how much money people spend on Cryptokitties. In the very beginning I thought that this is just a game. But now this real business with turnout of thousands of dollars.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:03:19 PM

@cryptokitties breeders

is there a demand for the breeded kitties? im thinking about to invest some eth, but i cant imagine that people pay shitload of eth for kitties.

looks for me like ponzi - u always need new users that need kitties to start breeding..

loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:27:07 PM

I was saying that Cryptokitties will be good for Ethereum when then game just launched. It was obvious that popularity of the game will affect the popularity of ethers. I'm sure that there will be more interesting projects based on Ethereum, thus I'd recommend investing in it.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:58:58 AM

First, the game CryptoKitties revealed the weak spots of the ethereum, but over time it began to increase the popularity of the coin, which led to a significant increase in price. I think in the future will create similar games that will contribute to the growth of the price of the ethereum and its popularity.   
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:58:53 AM

The case with Cryptokitties showed that Ethereum needs to deal with the network transaction issues.
There was also the blockchain problem being clogged up, and the different network congestions, so these needed to be addressed. Other than that, Ethereum is working fine!
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:47:23 AM

It was interesting for the Ethereum network, it put it under lots of stress and i think the Devs are most likely to fix any issues so that it don't repeat itself.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hopeman1

Activity: 154

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:03:27 PM

Ethereum still has great potential, and if Ethereum can handle the number of transfers per second, then Ethereum could rise 10-20 times. Grin

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:23:31 PM

its funny how we dont hear about cryptokitties anymore, it means the Ethereum network is less clogged up and running smoothly again.
It was good to see this happen because now Devs on Ethereum network can work on troubleshooting and find solutions to these issues.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:21:51 PM

Here is a chart showing the growth in transaction numbers on the Ethereum network, prior to and since the introduction of CryptoKitties.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-transactions.html

Also

Ethereum has approximately 22k pending transactions as can be seen here:

https://etherscan.io/chart/pendingtx

And Bitcoin has over 210k pending transactions as can be seen here:

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

I don't know yet all details regarding this kittens, but it's really making the transactions too slow, it can be a good additional features if it will not cause too much delays.
Cryptokittens is a game where you can breed some kittens and then see them grow in size as well as in value in the long run and then you can sell them more than you buy them. It has been the trending game on the Ethereum blockchain right now and people really got so crazy about it and with the huge number of transactions going on, that caused some congestion.

I really would say it has not really been that bad compared to the rate at which bitcoin just keeps getting worst and we just have to still stand by it being the legacy chain which we really want to see succeed, but if something is not done, it is not really going to speak well cause the currency value of it will be lost. However, for Ethereum, a lot can still be done to even make things better and from this little that has happened, that would give room for more improvement.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████