Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:21:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCDeals is a reseller for bitcoin economy - A potential Amazon threat?  (Read 1328 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:58:05 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 01:29:18 PM by mizerydearia

Today's deal for Google Android 2.2 HDMI TV Set-Top Box has exact same description as http://www.dealextreme.com/p/google-android-2-2-hdmi-tv-set-top-box-72086

See http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=25624.msg321614#msg321614
Hi - I run BTCDeals.com -

One of the suppliers I use is indeed DealExtreme. I do add a slight markup on the items (but if you do the math on most items, it's very little) for my time, overhead and risk - but mostly I run BTCDeals.com as my way to invest in to the bitcoin market. I cashout the value needed to cover my costs, while all profits I leave in bitcoins in a separate wallet that I keep as an investment. I'm pretty open about how I run the site and am more than happy to answer any questions (except the full list of suppliers I use) Smiley

It may seem obvious to just order directly from DX, but the service I intend to be offering is a way to purchase items with BTC instead of your personal currency and utilizing your bank or paypal accounts.

In the end it's up to you, the consumer - just trying to help fill a void in the bitcoin market, and obviously help myself be part of the bitcoin economy.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 03:24:04 PM

Even if - good for him / her!  But then that device is available from several Chinese manufacturers
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:40:20 PM

What makes you think BTCDeal is anything to do with BTCGuild?

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:18:12 PM

What makes you think BTCDeal is anything to do with BTCGuild?

Mistake...  Fixed!  Feel free to edit the subject of your replies too if you desire.
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:50:41 PM

I'm surprised that there are people that don't know this. Seems pretty obvious. Still, good idea Smiley

-Garrett
Shuffle

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:12:44 PM

He has confirmed himself that he gets his stuff from dealextreme.

Why do you have a problem with that? He makes a small profit you can spend your bitcoins easily.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 09:33:52 PM

Cableasarus resells stuff from china too.

These businesses stock pile cheap products from overseas well in advance so that you don't have to wait 2 months for your crap to arrive in the mail.
sublimnl

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:21:23 AM

One of the suppliers I use is indeed DealExtreme. I do add a slight markup on the items (but if you do the math on most items, it's very little) for my time, overhead and risk - but mostly I run BTCDeals.com as my way to invest in to the bitcoin market. I cashout the value needed to cover my costs, while all profits I leave in bitcoins in a separate wallet that I keep as an investment. I'm pretty open about how I run the site and am more than happy to answer any questions (except the full list of suppliers I use) Smiley

It may seem obvious to just order directly from DX, but the service I intend to be offering is a way to purchase items with BTC instead of your personal currency and utilizing your bank or paypal accounts.

In the end it's up to you, the consumer - just trying to help fill a void in the bitcoin market, and obviously help myself be part of the bitcoin economy.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 01:25:26 PM

Thanks for answering.  Also your site style is similar to woot.com.  Do you anticipate having similar feature as "woot offs" eventually?  That could be fun!
sublimnl

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 03:07:41 PM

Thanks for answering.  Also your site style is similar to woot.com.  Do you anticipate having similar feature as "woot offs" eventually?  That could be fun!

Woot is the obvious inspiration for the site - and you ironically just missed our very first "Day of Deals" which is our version of a woot-off without completely ripping off the idea Wink It ran from Friday the 1st of Jul, through Saturday the 2nd from 12 noon to 12 noon EST. Our format was one product every 20 minutes over the course of 24 hours. We even had a freebie mixed in there which sold out within a minute - though I think in the future I will attempt the mystery bag style approach as well.

Had you checked the site out one day before you would have been in the middle of the "woot off" Wink The Android Set top box you mentioned was the product to follow all of that.

Oh and as of last night I have added a "side deals" section to the site which will serve as additional items that could either compliment the featured deal or are just additional mini deals. The side deals will always be under 1btc while the featured item will be of varying prices. Another addition includes the addition of a "past deals" section so people can see what they may have missed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: