Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopolous - credit where credit is due  (Read 211 times)
MoonIsBlue (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:24:46 PM

This must be the single best move I've ever witnessed in a community.

https://qz.com/1151233/andreas-antonopoulos-got-2-3-million-in-bitcoin-donations-after-roger-ver-bitshamed-him/

Quick rundown of the article:

Roger Ver tweeted how Andreas was poor and if he had invested he'd be a millionaire

Community is baffled by his tweet and finds it innapropiate

Anreas replies how he did invest but needed to sell to pay the rent and support his family, he recently got out of debt.

Bitcoin donations start running into Andreas Bitcoin account

Andreas is stunned and needs time to process going offline for a few days he says.

Satish147

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 04:30:08 PM

I have learned so much about bitcoin only because of him and his videos. I always used to see his updated videos in YouTube.

MoonIsBlue (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:47:37 PM

I have learned so much about bitcoin only because of him and his videos. I always used to see his updated videos in YouTube.

Yeah me to, he offers a fresh perspective on money. Got me thinking different on it.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1547

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:51:52 PM

They are completely the opposite. Roger Ver has a big ego whereas Andreas is a humble guy. I’m happy that community supported him and at the same time kicked Ver’s ass, I hope his bitcoin crash goes to zero in the future with lightning network and sidechains implemented on core. Currently his coin has less than 1/10 market cap, even after his attack.

eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:54:52 PM

It's nice to see one of the nice guys rewarded, he seems to come across as a very humble and kind man and it's nice that the community are willing and able to help him in such a way! A few million is perhaps a little excessive but so what, now he can be a real voice and won't have to worry about the financial implications of his activities/beliefs.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
MoonIsBlue (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:09:48 PM

It's nice to see one of the nice guys rewarded, he seems to come across as a very humble and kind man and it's nice that the community are willing and able to help him in such a way! A few million is perhaps a little excessive but so what, now he can be a real voice and won't have to worry about the financial implications of his activities/beliefs.

I think he deserves it, might be excessive but not in my opinion. He was early but due to circumstances wasn't able to go forward with it, but he devoted a lot of years into it regardless. It's really cool to see that the community supports him in such a way. I think a lot of people we're heavily influenced by his speeches.

JumboCactuar

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:18:26 PM

this guy gave him 42 BTC and still has 320 left wtf

https://blockchain.info/address/1Kgqg9wLGshUFaX5RtXjkxtoN4Rp2uMJtT

so many millionaires made from bitcoin
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:38:50 PM

AA is a legend... can't imagine why RogerV would have such hostility towards him.

Really awesome to see the community come together and send some BTClove to AA. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: