Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:00:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending Coins  (Read 132 times)
targetw (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:00:26 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 05:31:00 PM by targetw

So I tried to send coins from my phone to my laptop on another coin app I put in a dollar amount I had for $20 CND funds and no Pay to address was filled out and I hit the send button in error. The transaction shows going through at a negative with transaction fee but were did it go and is there a way to get it back? This was on Dec 6th.. I'm really confused as to what happened and why it now shows negative $24.55 CND. If no address will it come back

Thanks
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 06:36:26 PM

So I tried to send coins from my phone to my laptop on another coin app I put in a dollar amount I had for $20 CND funds and no Pay to address was filled out and I hit the send button in error. The transaction shows going through at a negative with transaction fee but were did it go and is there a way to get it back? This was on Dec 6th.. I'm really confused as to what happened and why it now shows negative $24.55 CND. If no address will it come back

Thanks

Im not fully understanding what you are trying to say.
Am i right with you meaning you bought some btc's in an (unknown?) app and while withdrawing you let the address field empty?
And the exchange let this transaction go through and accepted it as being valid?
If thats the case, then could you please tell us which exchange you used? Because a blank address field does not lead to a withdraw in non-buggy exchanges.
Did you get a transaction id of you withdrawal? If so, what does a blockexplorer say about your transaction? What are the receiving addresses?

targetw (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:04:12 PM

No I owned the coins on a phone app I tried to transfer them to a different app all together on my ipad. I filled out the amount to transfer which was $20.00 and didn't fill in anything under the Pay to section and hit the send button. It now shows a negative of $24.00 so I'mm asking where is went if their is no sending address?

Is it gone or should the transaction not even go through if it has no name or address to send?

Thanks
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:09:15 PM

No I owned the coins on a phone app I tried to transfer them to a different app all together on my ipad. I filled out the amount to transfer which was $20.00 and didn't fill in anything under the Pay to section and hit the send button. It now shows a negative of $24.00 so I'mm asking where is went if their is no sending address?

Is it gone or should the transaction not even go through if it has no name or address to send?

Thanks

If there's no adress specified i don't see how it could possibly go through.

What app are you using, and could you provide some screenshots of what you're seeing, or a transaction ID, since it should have one if the TX went through, which should also included where you sent the bitcoins to.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: