Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:14:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Timeframe to real money  (Read 138 times)
bboeaston (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:41:56 PM

So I have the whole mining vs buying crypto concept in hand now, and the fact that crypto is generally viewed as property rather then money, but after all, the reason to get into this is to see some real money over time, right?

So the questions I have is,

1) on average, from the time you list crypto for sale on a trading site, how long does it take to actually sell?

and

2) Does it sell for the actual market price at that point it time or is there "bartering" that goes on?

Thanks for any help!
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:53:40 PM

So I have the whole mining vs buying crypto concept in hand now, and the fact that crypto is generally viewed as property rather then money, but after all, the reason to get into this is to see some real money over time, right?

So the questions I have is,

1) on average, from the time you list crypto for sale on a trading site, how long does it take to actually sell?

and

2) Does it sell for the actual market price at that point it time or is there "bartering" that goes on?

Thanks for any help!

1) That depends on the price you sell it for, and the volume.

If you sell a coin for 0.01BTC, while the actual price is 0.001BTC, it surely won't get sold for a while.

If you sell something for 0.001BTC, and you have the lowest sell order, but there's no liquidity/volume, it might take some time before someone buys it.

2) If you sell something for the actual market price you fullfill a buy order someone placed there at that price. I don't think that bartering.

bboeaston (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:20:00 PM

ahhhhh.....so in the exchanges, each individual seller sets the cost for the crypto they are selling?

That's a bit different then I was thinking.  Makes sense though I guess if you want to sell quick, set a low price.

Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: