Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:36:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU only coins do they really exist?  (Read 19980 times)
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:21:20 PM

It was profitable to mine Zoin using CPU sometime back. It is no longer the case. There are some other CPU minable coins like Myriad, UIS using yescrypt algo and the one I mine currently is b2bcoin which is still CPU minable.
Midcrypto

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:53:22 PM

Is there such thing as a CPU only mineable coin?

If so can you provide some names of coins that are truly CPU mineable?

What exactly makes a crpyto mineable by CPU only?

ROI Coin is CPU only and the devs intend to keep it that way. Monero and Sumokoin CPU mining is reasonably profitable now with the hard forks.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:08:34 PM

Here’s a bounty you don’t want to miss. Marinecoin ico is live now. They are awarding 20,000 MTC for successful completion of AI assigned promotion efforts. Time dilution technology is being used to distribute 9 billion coins and prevent a pump and dump. The object is a slow steady growth into the future. Machine to machine transactions and iot make up the platform design to make sure there is long time success for project. Dev-less, fair distribution, and strong community make up MTC. Read more here marineco/in

Yet again, why are you posting here.
This has nothing to do with cpu only coins.
andrew1carlssin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

#Please, read:Daniel Ellsberg,-The Doomsday *wk

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 11:59:34 PM

Is there such thing as a CPU only mineable coin?

If so can you provide some names of coins that are truly CPU mineable?

What exactly makes a crpyto mineable by CPU only?

No ... you just can take advantages of some CPU features that will make economically difficult to beat the major manufactures prices ..

Satoshi's book editor; SCIpher - https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/scipher.html
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:11:19 AM

not really, actually a lot of coins that can be mined by the CPU, like CoinWarz, Minergate and many others depending what CPU we use, and how many coins we want to get, if the CPU capacity is large then the coin to be obtained is also large
platzdubble

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

you said what now?

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 06:10:26 PM

It's very possible to mine Masari with CPU only through the wallet. Low network hashrate and a great future are nice as well.

xmranon on twitter/reddit.
chlorsimohis

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:13:03 PM

Marinecoin Let’s take a look at three features of Marinecoin: - Fast blockchain. Marinecoin normal blockchain is five times faster than Bitcoin. In the busy time, Marinecoin. Running speed can be increased by 100 times. - Low cost Many other blockchains When the network load brings a lot of trouble to their users, the transfer fee will increase dramatically. The Marinecoin fast network is almost zero cost and instantly confirmed. This is a guarantee for the customer, allowing the user to feel comfortable using the currency when transferring money. - Anti-stress network. Payment System in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iot -5. I can tell you a lot about Marinecoin’s advantages: cutting-edge technology. High-speed blockchain network, lightweight purse for low-resource IoT devices. From the first day of your currency, our own exchange provides you with liquidity. Community-oriented. Since we are sending money to real-name certified seed users, we have real communities and open members. To provide an exciting community environment, our approach is very similar to the early Bitcoin model. Welcome to visit: marineco.in/.
Bazzaar

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:28:46 AM

Yes CPU miners exist,

what doesn't exist is any PROFIT from CPU mining.
jujubax
Copper Member

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:36:22 AM

Not saying it isn't possible.  I'll be happy if we get close to ATH's in 2018.
minerja

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:41:14 AM

Yes CPU miners exist,

what doesn't exist is any PROFIT from CPU mining.

LOL
I make much more money CPU mining than GPU mining.
J
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:17:18 AM

The cpu coins from mining any altcoin with your PC or cpu,as you will mostly not be able to make more than a few cents per day. You can just test the waters by mining crypto this way, to just get acquainted with the overall process of mining. If you don’t want to get involved in any technical systems , you can use we getting mining software. It is very simple just download the miner.one for central processing unit mining, another for GPU mining using AMD graphic cards, and the final version is for GPU mining using PC systematic graphics cards of mining strategy.The information about newly mined blocks to your CPU or GPU to be able to mine further blocks along Ethereum’s blockchain are really exist of CPU coins process of system.
minerja

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:02:50 PM

Marinecoin Hello everyone, I’m talking about MarinecoinThere are lots of pennies only to make money without the background. Most of them are exaggerated and have no future.But there are a lot of cool coin and now I want to tell you about one of Marinecoin’s more understandable at this link if you feel what I’m saying is not enough: marineco.in/Payment System in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotMarinecoin blockchains maintained by the Guardian. Guardians have improved the decryption of MarineCoin and removed the ability to change malicious code. It should be noted that even without guardians, the MTC network will not slow down.Again for more information, you can click marineco.in and join at marineco.in/ico. In summary, MTC paid about MTC 9.0 billion for 20,000 free, just register to join. Register Exchange as part of the ICO process

SCAM - came out years ago
CryptoCoin101

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 02:14:45 PM

Why is BiblePay (BBP) the best CPU ONLY coin to mine?

Charity and Cancer Research!

Ranked #145 in Code Commits: https://www.cryptomiso.com/#BBP

Yes that is true. But it seems hard to understand to mine.

You need some coins first and where would we get the starter coins if ever we don't buy?
CryptoCoin101

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 02:17:25 PM

Marinecoin Hello everyone, I’m talking about MarinecoinThere are lots of pennies only to make money without the background. Most of them are exaggerated and have no future.But there are a lot of cool coin and now I want to tell you about one of Marinecoin’s more understandable at this link if you feel what I’m saying is not enough: marineco.in/Payment System in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotMarinecoin blockchains maintained by the Guardian. Guardians have improved the decryption of MarineCoin and removed the ability to change malicious code. It should be noted that even without guardians, the MTC network will not slow down.Again for more information, you can click marineco.in and join at marineco.in/ico. In summary, MTC paid about MTC 9.0 billion for 20,000 free, just register to join. Register Exchange as part of the ICO process

SCAM - came out years ago

Yes true. I tried to research also on them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2957974.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2971179.0
2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 593

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:34:09 PM

Yes, HEXX coin, can only mine with CPU.
Dastrike351

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:36:19 AM

I'm mining ROI Coin, interesting coin, good dev and yes CPU only.
QuestionQuest

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:28:39 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 02:50:09 PM by QuestionQuest

They had now changed to Proof of Distributed Computing through BOINC. I guess BOINC (thus BBP) is GPU minable.

I read thru all of it and many interesting and true stuff in. (Botnets are a problem, but there are options ... )

Anyways to BOINC. Better see BOINC as a plattform where many many projects can participate.
Projects of science and research, but also financial services. But serious stuff from university etc.

If the project SETI is best written to work on INTEL, then its like it is.
If its fine for CPU and GPU it maybe can differ.

But those projects dont make a difference because of the Algo they want to use, but they have to use!
If you can calculate the next prime number best with the technic of NVIDIA or you can solve the next protein chain best with an old HD5000 then it is like it is. (all over all; there is more to think about - but not important for this post)

BOINC is the master distribution system to those projects. You can add projects to your account (and working queue), you can prio them and and and ... but lets getting serious. Why we are all here?
Yes of course we want to make the world a better place, be more fair ... bla bla bla ... -> PROFIT Smiley Cool

GridCoin is the next connection in this bunch of stuff you have to understand and setup.
Maybe they changed a bit over the month but during my tests it was like that.

1) You have to register with GridCoin.us
2) You have to install and setup a Gridcoin Wallet (terrible full node wallets of course!)
3) You have to make a BOINC account.
4) You have to install BOINC (and a bunch of stuff before --- I cannot remember --- mabye C# libs, maybe Framework stuff
5) You have to connect everything with everything in a way. GRC with BOINC and your BOINC user with the BOINC installation on the worker. And was there something like a master and the other worker where the slaves? I think yes, but I am not sure anymore. I should start making videos of such tests...
6) You have to choose the projects you want to work with on every worker server (cpu, gpu etc.)
7) You have to setup every worker with BOINC (see the 4-5)

Then after a while you are wondering why you dont earn anything. Cents, only  Angry Roll Eyes
I had some money (coins) left and bought more GRC to stake them.

So there are two important things to maximize your income with BOINC and GRC
[-A-] Dont switch the projects. As longer your stay in as more trust (or whatever, level, rating etc.) you will get. If you switch the project on the GPU from PROTEIN CHAINS to SETI you start from 0 rating.
[-B-] I am not quiet sure, but it was like that: You have to stake GRC and more GRC you have in your wallet as more GRC you will earn or you get your income faster. I am not sure about this [-B-] and I forgot it in details. There was something like a max limit then you cannot reach more even if you stake more, but anyways --- I DONT WANT TO REMEMBER.

I had the XEON POWER for free and it was just my time. € 12,- in 2 month with a bunch of 2 serverracks full each with 20 servers.

CPU mining is really a problem with Botnets if there is no real work packets included for CPU or GPU, only.
But as long CPU mining with BOINC is so unprofitable I will not test it again Wink

Maybe someone is testing it soon and can report the news about it.
I loved SETI as a children and my first computer was helping to find alien lifeforms in the universe.
Not for the profit, for the believe!

(Just kidding! Without joking: I believe in the drake formula!)

BOINC and GRC is still this. At the end you get a candy on top Wink
SETI, where is my CANDY for 3 YEARS SEARCHING WITH MY x486 !!!???  Tongue Grin Wink

Last but not least.
I love the idea of BOINC, GRC and the work of humans as HIVE togehter, but the balance of paying the power should be found for every individual.

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
tripabrefa

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:37:33 PM

I think it’s marinecoín. I have participated in ico today and also learn about it.I’ve heard that it already has a blockchain from 2013 already.Just as it was once the top 1 on the coinmarketcap.It is a blockchain technology.To find out about it go to http://marineco.ín.If you are interested in it then join in its free ico.mtc is also exchanged at f1cx.com.Marinecoín is environmentally friendly with iodine.You can also buy them with doge because mtc / doge market is very good.It is dev-lesseco friendly.Marinecoín zero fees.Marinecoín has an artificial intelligence.Marinecoín is a coin with artificial intelligencemtc has an arrtificial intelligence machine to machine payment network.It is a machine to machine.Large communities come from many parts of the world.We always welcome you to come to us.The marinecoín community welcomes you enthusiastically.It is time dilution technology. time dilution technology.Please join us soon http://marineco.ín.
jujubax
Copper Member

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:00:41 PM

Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.
Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:55:43 AM

The Byteball distribution through World Community Grid is CPU only.
You earn a stable value of bytes by doing computational work for different science projects.

https://medium.com/byteball/computing-for-good-again-3795336bdaed

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: