Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of XRP token?  (Read 224 times)
Snorren (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:25:03 PM

What do you all think of the future of XRP? I believe Ripple will be successful but that banks will use their own token for transactions instead of XRP due to the high volatility of listed crypto tokens.

What do you think?
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 06:26:54 PM

What do you all think of the future of XRP? I believe Ripple will be successful but that banks will use their own token for transactions instead of XRP due to the high volatility of listed crypto tokens.

What do you think?

ripple is the banksters scamcoin, it will not have a big future, the banks had their past, with ripple they now want to create something valuable out of thin air to leech on the economy, i dont even take ripple serious i see it as a provocation

Snorren (OP)

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:36:28 PM

Hmm but there will be still be a long transition (10-20 years) period where the banks will try to stay alive?
I sold my XRP so I have no intention in earning money, more of interest of XRP token future.

jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:47:16 PM

Future of the ripple is on the hands of the banks,if the banks accepted ripple as their cryptocurrency its price will exponentially increase.

ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:53:42 PM

What do you think?

ripple is the banksters scamcoin, it will not have a big future, the banks had their past, with ripple they now want to create something valuable out of thin air to leech on the economy, i dont even take ripple serious i see it as a provocation

This person knows what is happening. Nobody who truly likes crypto likes Ripple it is as simple as that. We are decentralized by nature and by nature XRP is centralized and that goes against every fabric of the crypto world. That being said I don't think there will be zero place for centralized coins. I think in 2018 and forward we will start to see more countries develop or try to develop their own currency in an attempt to keep whatever fiat money in their economy simply in their economy. Whether that is good for crypto or not remains to be seen, but for one thing it will be more currencies to speculate on I don't see how this could be bad.

mR.k0fka

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:56:07 PM

i dont believe in their project, but i think that it will some more way up
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:57:55 PM

Ripple right now seems to just fluctuate between 0.2 and 0.3 usd and not a lot seems to be happening otherwise, it's pretty great for some trading in that sense but otherwise I'm not too interested in it, it doesn't have a huge amount of support throughout the community but more from outside (at least that's the sentiment I pick up).

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
invest2lose

Activity: 141

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:02:58 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 07:14:35 PM by invest2lose

What do you think?

This person knows what is happening. Nobody who truly likes crypto likes Ripple it is as simple as that. We are decentralized by nature and by nature XRP is centralized and that goes against every fabric of the crypto world. That being said I don't think there will be zero place for centralized coins. I think in 2018 and forward we will start to see more countries develop or try to develop their own currency in an attempt to keep whatever fiat money in their economy simply in their economy. Whether that is good for crypto or not remains to be seen, but for one thing it will be more currencies to speculate on I don't see how this could be bad.

stop spreading bad information. ripple is decentralized, do your research.

and ripple is a top 3 coin.

edit: quoted wrong person
invest2lose

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:03:46 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 07:15:21 PM by invest2lose

banks will use xrp if it saves them time and money. and xrp does just that.
Luke1706

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 07:07:03 PM

In my opinion Ripple has a great future and the price will increase very soon.
You just have to look at its general data https://coinpioneer.net/coin-guide/ripple-description
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:11:30 PM

What do you think?

I think that banks will use the Ripple ledger because it will be cheaper and faster then their existing solution. And I also think they will use XRP as that will provide additional savings. I don't think that volatility is an issue when XRP is so fast - a matter of a few seconds. Also XRP is the only native token, so using anything else - even a bank's own token - introduces counterparty risk. XRP will be used because it is the best option.
invest2lose

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:12:51 PM

What do you think?

I think that banks will use the Ripple ledger because it will be cheaper and faster then their existing solution. And I also think they will use XRP as that will provide additional savings. I don't think that volatility is an issue when XRP is so fast - a matter of a few seconds. Also XRP is the only native token, so using anything else - even a bank's own token - introduces counterparty risk. XRP will be used because it is the best option.

well said #xrpthestandard
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:14:01 PM

XRP is much more solid than any other crypto available it has a great block-chain with a robust network. It is non mine able so ensure that no one gets the mine the whole of it.  It is much more rigid too. But the only problem with ripple is that its way too centralized it has some amount of supply which can be unleashed any time which would reduce the market price with great quantum. Then comes the problem on identity. People on XRP blockchain are somehow traceable too. So it creates another problem for the users. In short XRP violates many rules of an ideal P2P network.

Saying this it must also be noted that XRP has stayed too strong in times of great decline and stayed too rigid in times of great boom too. This means that it almost nil when it comes to volatility of a coin.

What do you think?

Your opinion is quite much of an conservative who has been trapped inside a "block" all you no want in life is decentralization. XRP is a good coin and so far the most stable currency with the lowest fees so it can be used for daily transactions too.
invest2lose

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:16:43 PM

XRP is much more solid than any other crypto available it has a great block-chain with a robust network. It is non mine able so ensure that no one gets the mine the whole of it.  It is much more rigid too. But the only problem with ripple is that its way too centralized it has some amount of supply which can be unleashed any time which would reduce the market price with great quantum. Then comes the problem on identity. People on XRP blockchain are somehow traceable too. So it creates another problem for the users. In short XRP violates many rules of an ideal P2P network.

Saying this it must also be noted that XRP has stayed too strong in times of great decline and stayed too rigid in times of great boom too. This means that it almost nil when it comes to volatility of a coin.

What do you think?

Your opinion is quite much of an conservative who has been trapped inside a "block" all you no want in life is decentralization. XRP is a good coin and so far the most stable currency with the lowest fees so it can be used for daily transactions too.

did you hear about the escrow? 55b xrp are locked up now
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:19:28 PM

As much as I don't like XRP, I do believe that one day it is going to get used by all the banks. I do not own it now as I do not see a major price change in the near future. However, it may move up any minute, if banks hint intentions of its use.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: