Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:55:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your advice: When should I cash out?  (Read 2716 times)
TokenForUs

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Ccfound

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:11:51 AM

Cash out when on top or when the coin spike in short time then wait for the dip. When coin going high in short term it will probably goes down fast too

malika

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:09:43 PM

The best time to cash out your investments is when the time you had reached you target percentage goals. Don’t ever cash out if your investment is at loss because it is too stressful. Patiently wait for your investment to gain profit before cashing out.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

Cash out when you need money, but do consider its price. When the price is high, then thats the best time. There are some observations that bitcoin's price is high on thursday to saturday, and lowest during sunday and monday. It also drops its price during holidays such as christmas and goes back to normal after that, and continues to rise again as time passed by. But if you dont need the money yet, just hold it to increase your profit. Decide wisely and be patient.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:32:10 PM

Cash out when you need money, but do consider its price. When the price is high, then thats the best time. There are some observations that bitcoin's price is high on thursday to saturday, and lowest during sunday and monday. It also drops its price during holidays such as christmas and goes back to normal after that, and continues to rise again as time passed by. But if you dont need the money yet, just hold it to increase your profit. Decide wisely and be patient.

Yes, your almost there. I would suggest that you do the same thing as what i did. Cash it out the time you need it but if its not necessary you store or save it in your wallet. And don't expect it a huge profit if you want to convert in a fiat.
MattF24

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:33:02 PM

If you're holding at a loss, it's up to you to cut it short and wait for the best opportunity. If you are still holding with small gains, you can sell and wait for the best buying opportunity as well.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:21:27 PM

Trading requires a whole lot and the ability to exit a trade is one of the key things that should be taken into consideration. The best time to cash out, for me, is when you've made a reasonable profit on your trade.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:35:31 PM

I have the same concern with you. Thank you for making this thread. I get ideas on when to cashout now. I haven't done a cashout transaction yet since I want to trade it again and again until the best amount. I also thought that if I cashout or sell, the price is lower than buying. So if I intend to buy btc again then I may not cash it out then since the buying price is higher than selling it. Maybe unless soon when I have lots of fund then I will cashout so I can left some for trading again.

danielwwt

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:38:11 PM

As you said in your post, buy dip and hodl.

Everyone says buy low and sell high. If anyone can do this, he would make all the money in this world.

No one can predict when is low and when is high.

However, if you can do this right like 60% of time. You still make a lot of money.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:55:55 PM

You can do the cashing out once the price is higher than the all-time-high record of the bitcoin, that's the right time to do that and add your funds to the other cryptos or wait till the low-price came again, but, yes it's really a different and tough job to analyze.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:53:10 PM

Just be content with a little amount of profit you get from these coins. If somehow the price rises 10% of any of these coins, that should be a good sign for you and you should cash out if you want to and be satisfied with the gained amount, and invest that amount in some other coin like you said earlier, buy in dump and sell during a pump. Invest in those coins in which you believe in, and for that you have to give little time for finding and researching on new coins which might make you profit. And remember one thing, if the coins price rises further after you sold that coin, just tell yourself that i have made at least some profit from it and also that you can make more in some other coin!
Good Luck
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 03:08:32 PM

cash out only when you already reach the target, trading really need a lot of patience
and also when you need the money, that was the excellent time to sell and cashout.

Enjoy your profit, most people didn't shop with their bitcoin so they've just satisfied with all their bitcoin on their wallet. to me, it will make me lazy to gain another profit on bitcoin when you see a big amount of bitcoin on the wallet

budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:08:10 PM

cash out only when you already reach the target, trading really need a lot of patience
and also when you need the money, that was the excellent time to sell and cashout.

Enjoy your profit, most people didn't shop with their bitcoin so they've just satisfied with all their bitcoin on their wallet. to me, it will make me lazy to gain another profit on bitcoin when you see a big amount of bitcoin on the wallet
Cash out when necessary when it is for emergency reason or what, don't let your sensitive emotion decide for you, be smart enough to do wise thing, if you are still struggling on it, pray that you could have a right decision in anything that you are doing in your life especially here in cryptocurrency where in it can change our life.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:51:46 PM

It is always a good plan to cashout when there is a rise in their prices and get your profit, but for me, it is more better to cashout when you need to do something with the money, not because it rised/falls.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:01:28 PM

I have been investing in a bunch of different coins for a while now, mainly BTC, ETH, LTC, and some other lesser-known coins. I have a lot of different coins in my portfolio to stabilize/reduce risk.

I love the gains that these coins provide. I never panic-sell, and always hodl and buy low. That has been my simple strategy.

However, I have a problem - how do I train myself to know when to cash out?

For instance, last night the BTC price was high (18K), and ETH/LTC price were low.

I could have cashed out then, and invested in ETH/LTC, which are seeing a nice pump now.

How do you know when to cash out??

Right now the only time I cash out is when I need to money to buy a gift or something.

If need a money just trade exact amount for your needa cause the price is totally low. It will rise and rise again and if you think it is the right price trade it and hold it to the bitcoin. Bitcoin now is really great investment or trading in just  days your savings make a big profit.
And first of all, if you have another source of income use that in your needs and back the borrow money if the price is good.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
DuaLipa

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:11:11 PM

Cash out when necessary when it is for emergency reason or what, don't let your sensitive emotion decide for you, be smart enough to do wise thing, if you are still struggling on it, pray that you could have a right decision in anything that you are doing in your life especially here in cryptocurrency where in it can change our life.

The answer is personal every time because it depends on your needs and situation. There is no exact answer for an exit plan from bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. The best, you will decide on your own when to exit and cash out.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:22:30 AM

No one know for sure when will be the time to cash out, for me as long as I think I earn enough profit then I will startto cash out, but if you are already a good and experience trader you can analyse it better to get the maximum result, by the chart and the market trend you can know when is the right time to exit
lenj

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:41:34 AM

I have been investing in a bunch of different coins for a while now, mainly BTC, ETH, LTC, and some other lesser-known coins. I have a lot of different coins in my portfolio to stabilize/reduce risk.

I love the gains that these coins provide. I never panic-sell, and always hodl and buy low. That has been my simple strategy.

However, I have a problem - how do I train myself to know when to cash out?

For instance, last night the BTC price was high (18K), and ETH/LTC price were low.

I could have cashed out then, and invested in ETH/LTC, which are seeing a nice pump now.

How do you know when to cash out??

Right now the only time I cash out is when I need to money to buy a gift or something.

Cash out when you need it  to buy something offline. If not i suggest to hold or trading with that money. Buy altcoin if the bitcoin price high and sell altcoin if its higher. I think you know more than me.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:23:49 PM

If you will need money better to cash out some of them but if you'll see that the price is continuously rising better to hold until you gain much profit  Cheesy then if you'll see that bitcoin is continuously dropping its value you should decide whether to buy altcoins, hold or cashouts.
Eventually bitcoin is going to reach a huge price that most of use is not going to  believe so when cashing out make sure to only cash out what you need, otherwise the consequences in the future for you are going to be terrible as you watch the price of bitcoin climbing higher and you have not stored any, I know that if that happened to me I will be enraged by my lack of future orientation.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:46:53 PM

No one can tell you when to cash out as I don’t think anyone know what is the top. If you are holding for the long term, then cash out when you need to use the money or when the price level reaches your target.

If you intend to trade for short term, you can set a profit margin target to cash out whenever you make certain percentage. In this way, you lost out of BTC is bullish.
Icey47

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:48:00 PM

I agree about cashing out during parabolic moves or short-term spikes. However, try to cash out gradually or in waves to make sure you ride at least most of the upmove.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: