Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:50:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your advice: When should I cash out?  (Read 2716 times)
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:54:16 PM

This I think is the main problem of many traders as the time for cashing out is not predictable and usually leads to confusions. But my strategy is to cash out when I have earned at least 2x from my investment.
LANZ777

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:04:14 PM

I have been investing in a bunch of different coins for a while now, mainly BTC, ETH, LTC, and some other lesser-known coins. I have a lot of different coins in my portfolio to stabilize/reduce risk.

I love the gains that these coins provide. I never panic-sell, and always hodl and buy low. That has been my simple strategy.

However, I have a problem - how do I train myself to know when to cash out?

For instance, last night the BTC price was high (18K), and ETH/LTC price were low.

I could have cashed out then, and invested in ETH/LTC, which are seeing a nice pump now.

How do you know when to cash out??

Right now the only time I cash out is when I need to money to buy a gift or something.

As l've saw to my brother it is good to cash out when price is increase. My brother use to monitor the price often, because that's the way he earn a bigger amount. Monitoring price is important because price increase in just  a seconds or in just a minute. Also if he is trading he used to hold that coin first and wait for the right price for him. So I  think before you cash out its better to trace if your  coin has the potential to get higher. Then sell it when you meet the price is right for you.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:29:18 PM

This I think is the main problem of many traders as the time for cashing out is not predictable and usually leads to confusions. But my strategy is to cash out when I have earned at least 2x from my investment.

Nobody can say when is a right time to sell, what if its fall 10% but jumps up 80%. So selling is totally a traders call based on his personal understanding and satisfaction. I also sell when its like over 80% upon my capital invested. But I do prefer to wait to cross it more unless I find its getting risky or not worth in the future.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:12:39 PM

But my strategy is to cash out when I have earned at least 2x from my investment.

Generally, that's a fair way of locking in profits, but it's tricky when it comes to Bitcoin. If we calculate from the example of you buying at $1000 earlier this year, and sell at the moment you made 2x in profits, you would have missed out tremendously on further growth. In some cases, where the example is also one of, it helps to just secure a tiny percentage of your profits. If you have sold all at once, there was no way for you to benefit from the price moving up higher. But if you just cashed out a small fraction, you would still be able too book fantastic profits while the price was marching to the $10k level, and later even to the $20k level. Every situation needs a different approach.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:17:31 PM

Nobody can say when is a right time to sell, what if its fall 10% but jumps up 80%. So selling is totally a traders call based on his personal understanding and satisfaction. I also sell when its like over 80% upon my capital invested. But I do prefer to wait to cross it more unless I find its getting risky or not worth in the future.
yeah I think it will depend on the strategy of each trader itself, usually some traders fix what price they should wait to sell their bitcoin, and how many percent of the bitcoin they will sell also vary, there are some traders who sell all their bitcoins, of course this is not a recommendation because they does not have a back up plan. I myself always set aside a few percent maybe 25% for me to save back until the future,,
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:08:16 AM

for me the best time to cash out is when the value of bitcoin is high...be patient to wait for it because though bitcoin's value goes down it never happened that it is permanent already

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:28:13 AM

You should withdraw money when the market is in a downward trend. You may notice this soon if you constantly update the chart of the altcoin market, often reduced due to very bad news or bitcoin increase too Strong, capital flows from the altcoin market are concentrated on bitcoin. Always focus on the market to help you make the right decisions.
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:19:58 AM

Like everybody i only cash out also whenever i need money too spare. But if it reach the price that i want i sell. But when the coins get lower and lower i tried to buy some back again.

ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:59:39 AM

I have been investing in a bunch of different coins for a while now, mainly BTC, ETH, LTC, and some other lesser-known coins. I have a lot of different coins in my portfolio to stabilize/reduce risk.

I love the gains that these coins provide. I never panic-sell, and always hodl and buy low. That has been my simple strategy.

For instance, last night the BTC price was high (18K), and ETH/LTC price were low.

I could have cashed out then, and invested in ETH/LTC, which are seeing a nice pump now.

Right now the only time I cash out is when I need to money to buy a gift or something.

really you just take or do bitcoin to cash when you're in need of money, if not then store the bitcoin you have for good and grow the bitcoin you have by playing altcoin.
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:48:42 AM

Cashing out is a personal decision for anyone, similar to you, I cash out when I need money to attend to some needs. But you can as well cash out when you're comfortable with your profits, or if you forsee any upcoming dip, you cash out and buy back during the dip. Everyone has different times for cashing out.
yes there is no desire counsel that you are might to know here cause having this kind of decision are always by your own and not depending on others yes it is hard to have that kind of decision but we all know that this is personally you can have a lot of choices but always remember we all have different needs.
Yeah hold your coin for the longer terms bitcoin don’t give much in short term but in longer terms it gives up to 500% of profit and yeah this has already happened buddy those who bought bitcoin last year at the end in previous days they earned 18000+ profit on their investment and all this is because they keep patience and don’t sell at the lower profit so advise to you is make an aim and hold till then and keep calm.
mysterecryptoooo

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:52:32 AM

You can always cash out when the price is high because the market is kinda bullish, after each pump, there s a dump. You have to keep that in mind in order to make profit

▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮WORLDOPOLY▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬
First Augmented  reality game based on blockchain
JOIN OUR   ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:26:25 PM

There is no telling what the future holds for bitcoin because of its volatility. As for me, the only time I sell is when I have a need for it, Kind of like an emergency fund that I can use at my disposal. A lot of people speculate the value would triple in 2018. I don’t have a need to sell; hence I will just hold and see if the surge will occur. I wouldn’t want to miss it out anyway.
djgtr

Activity: 951

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:29:34 PM

There is no telling what the future holds for bitcoin because of its volatility. As for me, the only time I sell is when I have a need for it, Kind of like an emergency fund that I can use at my disposal. A lot of people speculate the value would triple in 2018. I don’t have a need to sell; hence I will just hold and see if the surge will occur. I wouldn’t want to miss it out anyway.
I think cash out should  be done during a high price  that is already profitable enoughf to gain a bog huge amount of return from trading.Maybe we need to make a right decision into thus kind of profiting aspects because we need to have a update everyday on the correspondin price  to avoid doing a wrong moves or maybe wrong decision.
spring07

Activity: 140

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:56:36 PM

Everyone likes to make profit in any given trade. For me once you are able to eliminate the greed element you are good.
Cash out whenever you have made a considerable amount of profits.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1339

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:06:56 PM

No one can tell you when to cash out as I don’t think anyone know what is the top. If you are holding for the long term, then cash out when you need to use the money or when the price level reaches your target.

If you intend to trade for short term, you can set a profit margin target to cash out whenever you make certain percentage. In this way, you lost out of BTC is bullish.
Exactly each person needs to decide for himself when to cash out, there were people that cashed out their bitcoin when bitcoin was 10 dollars while there is no doubt that most of them are lamenting that at the same time they thought it as the correct time to do so, so if you think that cashing out right now is a good option for you then do it, just do not regret it later if bitcoin reaches a new all time high.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:32:30 PM

Your investment on Eth and Ltc. Both of coin are more stable. Price of these coin is so valuable and rising continuously. Don't cash out if you have no need. Price will be increasing in huge amount in future. So just wait for big amount for your investment. Hope you will be profitable much more than now.
cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:41:19 PM

the choice of making cashouts is too subjective.
Continue to hold and make small cashouts just for necessity.
Instead you can withdraw everything when you are satisfied with the value achieved or if you think that the value can not go up.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:24:15 AM

You are taking your time to study the market very well before making a decision that is the problem you have.

Here is the link to help you learn more about which to invest next: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:09:10 AM

Should cash out either when you need the funds, want the funds, or your coins have done what you wanted them to do. Hard to know what goals you have for yourself and therefore the question is something you should ask yourself. What are you looking for in life? What are you crypto goals? Etc , etc.

Enjel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:29:20 AM

Damn. Right now I feel lucky I cashed out on my BTCs at 16-17k to buy alts. Cashed out ETHs yesterday to buy altcoins.

I will be back in BTC when I feel the time is right. Right now there is money to be made elsewhere.

I sold a bunch of LTCs yesterday as well, to buy altcoins. I still have around 20 though, because I couldn't stand to see "0" there. I really like my Litecoins.

Using crypto to pay for college.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: