Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong with Kraken?  (Read 927 times)
lyseoy (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:23:45 PM

Haven't been able to log in for weeks. Either it says "Invalid login", or it accepts the login and then gives me a 520 error.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:28:49 PM

Haven't been able to log in for weeks. Either it says "Invalid login", or it accepts the login and then gives me a 520 error.
If you want to know more what 520 error is about this is the site you want might see: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171936-Error-520-Web-server-is-returning-an-unknown-error
Also, this is a great tool for monitoring status of Kraken: https://status.kraken.com/ - I guess they are just being overwhelmed by high traffic.
And I m not surprised at all, considering what is happening and how high price of bitcoin skyrocketed.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:47:39 PM

Isn't that strange? Sometimes you get an invalid log in else it accepts the log in, though directed to 502 error. Are you sure you've been logged in before the 502 error show? If not, try to reset your password and see if it works.

PS. If you get an invalid log in, don't try too much attempt because it may lead to your account being temporarily disabled. If still not okay after resetting a password, I think you should contact the support: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
lyseoy (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:41:18 PM

As if Kraken is reading my post, suddenly I can log in. I can also navigate around the site, but when I make it to Withdraw, and select bitcoin, guess what. That's right. Error 520.

Kraken is giving me an ulcer...

By the way, a high BTC price and high traffic is no excuse for all this BS. They can levy small fees for small transactions, like Bitfinex does, to keep the volume down.

The way this is going, I certainly plan to do my part to keep traffic down on their site....
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:49:55 PM

Just be patient, almost all the exchanges that are online at the moment are passing through the same issues.

It is impossible to withdraw money from bittrex, poloniex, cryptopia, gdax, almost from all the exchanges because the volume and traffic on the exchanges is exploding, and this have never been seen before.

Bitcointalk has been in the same situation a few hours ago, didn't you noticed that the website was very slow? That was the main reason, we are having a massive traffic on almost all the websites related to bitcoin.
I can not deposit money in localbitcoins to sell it because the network is collapsed, and the fees too.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
lyseoy (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:11:38 AM

Just be patient, almost all the exchanges that are online at the moment are passing through the same issues.

Yes you could say that the other exchanges are "passing through" these issues. That's no problem. I can live with passing through. On Coinbase and Bitfinex I haven't even noticed these kinds of issues. On Kraken it's been non-stop for weeks!
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:34:50 AM

On Kraken it's been non-stop for weeks!
That's definitely not an exaggeration. It has been my main exchange for quite some time now, and these constant recurring outages worry me big time. I missed various trading opportunities during the volatility in the last days.

I can make use of Bitstamp as well, but they for whatever reason want me to re-verify my account, which now Kraken keeps messing up, starts to become a serious option right now. I am pretty frustrated now.

I sent them an email explaining how unworkable this situation is, but it will likely end up getting trashed, or they reply with standard garbage apologies and that they are working on solving their server problems.

Cheapskates they are.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Nfp

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:32:35 AM

Based on what I've read earlier on a bitcoin news, Kraken trading engine is now a piece of crap and the site is prone to crashing due to high volume at any given moment. And they also says that the company is working to remedy these problems. But If you like your exchanges humorless and corporate, i would suggest you to use Bitfinex.
lyseoy (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:54:45 AM

I missed various trading opportunities during the volatility in the last days.

Exactly. With this kind of volatility, opportunity cost is huge. Shake on Kraken for doing this to their customers!

But If you like your exchanges humorless and corporate, i would suggest you to use Bitfinex.

Agree. I like that site very much. Only problem with it for me, is I can't transfer fiat to them, due to their verification requirements. For that I use Coinbase.
TalRasha

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:26:28 AM

I am getting the same problem, Error 520 on login. 2 Days ago I was able to get inside, but after clicking on withdraw euro or BTC,... you guessed right, error 520.

This thing makes me feel pretty nervous and worried, I am afraid for my funds and coins. I think I am done with them after I withdraw everything (hope I will be able to).They are going to lose like half of their customers. This is taking for too much long.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:18:35 PM

I am getting the same problem, Error 520 on login. 2 Days ago I was able to get inside, but after clicking on withdraw euro or BTC,... you guessed right, error 520.

This thing makes me feel pretty nervous and worried, I am afraid for my funds and coins. I think I am done with them after I withdraw everything (hope I will be able to).They are going to lose like half of their customers. This is taking for too much long.

They acknowledged the serious problems with a recent blog post:
This blaze is on fire.

The recent, unexpected explosion in demand has been overwhelming. 
Each of the past few days has produced 50,000 new account registrations and 10,000 new support tickets —
an order of magnitude above where we were just last quarter.  Concurrent users, daily trades and volumes are
also hitting new all-time highs.  We are struggling to keep up.

Kraken.com performance is extremely degraded and unreliable.  Clients can expect severe latency and
difficulty interacting with all web and API services.  Requests will frequently timeout and fail.
At the moment, the only solution is to wait and try again later.

Next week we will be rolling out a major systems upgrade which should resolve these scaling and load issues. 
The upgrade is long overdue and has been substantially delayed by the diversion of resources toward
the protracted fire fighting effort required to deal with the last several months of unrelenting growth.

I hope that the roll out of the "major systems upgrade" will finally fix these issues once and for all.
I understand that they are overwhelmed by the surge in account registrations, but their platform has
been an unusable mess even before the recent surge in trading activity.

At the moment I can´t submit a trade and get a Cloudflare error literally every second pageload at Kraken.

maidenvoyage

Activity: 80
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:30:31 PM

I am, like all of you trying for three weeks to trade and withdraw.

I am starting now to be worried, that what is hidden behind “ technical “ problems is also a illiquidy trap... they go in direction MT GOX and you will never be able to withdraw...
I am now not upset anymore.. I am now worried..
Because it is just not very convincing that a with cloudcomputing and all they cannot keep up with deamand FOR MORE THAN A MONTH?Huh??
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 03:00:00 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 02:01:45 PM by Kraken-Septimus

We're having a major upgrade to our trading engine next week. Please have a read through our blog!

We had an upgrade on our trading engine in January and trading is going very smoothly now. We're also seeing far less connectivity issues. If you haven't tried Kraken in a while please drop by and check out our new trading interface at trade.kraken.com. As always, if you have any issues please drop by our Bitcointalk thread.

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
lyseoy (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:24:59 AM

We're having a major upgrade to our trading engine next week. Please have a read through our blog!

You're having 50.000 new account registrations per day? While your site hasn't been working for weeks already???  Shocked In the meantime, Bittrex, which has been working MUCH better than Kraken, has halted their new user registrations. Suggest you follow suit! At least it would signal to your users that you are taking the problems seriously!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: