Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A4+ setup tutorial  (Read 6681 times)
OldYoungy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:15:41 PM

It's something that's actually set by the pool. Most (or quite many of them at least) support manual share difficulty which is usually set in the password field, something like "d=123456" or "x,d=1233456". Check your pools FAQ.

For litecoinpool whole configuration would be like this:

URL: "stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333"
USER: "username.workername"
PASS: "pass,d=128000"

Hope it helps!

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to set share difficulty on an A4+? I can set pseudo with <address>+x but I get an Invalid Argument error when I try to use <address>/x or <address>/x+y

Thanks in advance!

Thanks mate, this is for P2Pool mining where passwords are ignored, I have tried the password arguments but to no avail. My mates L3+ has no problem setting both share and psuedo-share but my A4+ is only accepting the psuedo-share difficulty argument (presumably, the pool only shows worker share difficulty stat but the miner accepts the ± argument).

It's not too big of an issue it just reduces my shares per day but when I get a share the predicted payout is larger when a block is found. Although leaving it set to the node default has its benefits if I get lucky with finding lots of shares and blocks within the share lapse period.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OldYoungy

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:40:35 AM

Hello, is it possible to buy 1 control panel?
Where can I find it? and how much does it cost?
Thank you

probably not easy. I have a bunch spare, I can see how much we'd want to sell it for.

Can you please message me with a price for an A4+ control board?
Aepko

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:25:01 AM

Here is a script I wrote to make it easy to add the --api extras.  Just change the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to the IP of the miner and make sure to make it s .sh file and give it Permissions to execute as a program.

Cheers...

btw - this was written for linux systems (in case you did not know  Wink)

Code:
#!/bin/sh

HOST='xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 8100'
USER='root'
PASSWD='t1t2t3a5'
CMD=''

(
echo open "$HOST"
sleep 2
echo "$USER"
sleep 2
echo "$PASSWD"
sleep 2
echo "cd /home/inno_py/"
sleep 2
echo "mount / -o rw,remount"
sleep 2
echo "vi -c ':%s@--api-listen@--api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0@g' -c wq /home/inno_py/inno_config.py"
sleep 2

) | telnet

Thanks for this! I don't know why I didn't think of doing that. I edited it to do all 60 of our A4+'s. Saving me loads of effort every firmware update.

It would be super easy for awesomeminer to bypass that. If they could just parse the JSON from http://192.168.1.xx/cgi-bin/temper.py instead of accessing the cgminer API directly, you wouldn't need to modify system files and we'd have system temps as well. Plus you could do POST commands to it to change the pool on the ASIC so it doesn't flip back every reboot. Could also see/change OC and fan speeds.. etc..
tchor66

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:39:34 AM

Hello AEKPO, how much are you selling the control panel stp?
you have several to sell?
can you contact me by messages?
thank you
(sorry for my english, I'm french lol)
ilostmyface

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:57:32 PM

Maybe someone can help me brainstorm on an issue. I have a A4+ that had 1 chain down day after arrival from Inno. Board would light up green then the light would go out after bootup. Board never hashes. After trying to swap data cables/PSU/firmwares/data ports nothing resolved the issue. I contacted Inno and had the board sent in under warranty and they replaced the board. After swapping the board all 4 boards worked for a few days. Now the exact same board from Inno is having the same issue. Very odd...
OKorator

Activity: 492
Merit: 254

OKCash World-wide Community Leader and Promotions

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:25:33 AM

what a huge f u from innosiicon.

price for an a4+ is now 1180 usd.

bought for 3200; resale value gone!

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

I rain and donate back most funds!  OKorator@gmail.com Twitter: @okcashorator
Cosmictino

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

what a huge f u from innosiicon.

price for an a4+ is now 1180 usd.

bought for 3200; resale value gone!

yes rly.. i payed too 3200 with a f.. waiting of 5 months.. 
Cosmictino

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:29:25 AM

and the A6 now available for 18.467 LTC ( or 2360 USD; 0.315588 BTC ) min. 3 units .. i  rly hope this minerseller will disappear from market
stianeggum

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:41:49 PM

Ye they are so smart over there at Innosilicon...

I ordered 10 a5s in the new year promotion, payed 30k usd total. and they sent me an mail 2 weeks after the purchase asking me if i wanted to buy a5+ for 4200 each or more A5s for 2100.

21 of may Innosilicon gave me a price that was gonna compensate the pricedrop for the A5 purchase for: A4+ with psu 1900 usd, and now they are selling them for 1180+120 usd for psu, how fucking rude?!?

These people are the worst kind.
yamada-tech

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 12:05:04 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking of mining altcoin.
Could mining to the local Wallet ?

[A4+ IP] 192.168.1.254
[Wallet innstalled PC IP] 192.168.1.60

[setting1] can not
URL 192.168.1.60:port
Waler user
Pass x

[setting2] can not
URL http://192.168.1.60:port
Waler user
Pass x

Huh
needed357

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:18:49 PM

awesome miner is showing me x100 more HW error than the miner local page?

wtf??

awesomer miner HW ERROR: 519
miner local page: none 0!
RoosterVT

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:13:16 AM

Good Morning,
I have one hashing board that the green LED goes off after reboot. How are the boards identified by the control board? I did a dmesg from CLI and not sure what to look for. I figure that if all boards are present in dmesg I should be able to see them there. Are there any onboard diag commands I can run?

Regards,
BobbyMartin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:35:23 PM

I don't know what to try anymore.

I had been running on AwesomeMiner, but it never really worked that well. I'd tell it to switch pools and it would just stayed 'Dead' or 'Disabled'.

Yesterday all 10 of my A4+s got stuck in a boot loop. I can telnet. I can log in. I can reboot, change config, upload new firmware. I can do almost anything... Except it never connects to a pool. It just reboots over and over and all I see are the spinning wheels on the status page. Currently trying to connect to prohashing.
shepardblue

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:48:55 PM

I don't know what to try anymore.

I had been running on AwesomeMiner, but it never really worked that well. I'd tell it to switch pools and it would just stayed 'Dead' or 'Disabled'.

Yesterday all 10 of my A4+s got stuck in a boot loop. I can telnet. I can log in. I can reboot, change config, upload new firmware. I can do almost anything... Except it never connects to a pool. It just reboots over and over and all I see are the spinning wheels on the status page. Currently trying to connect to prohashing.

I had a problem like that with one of my machines and it turned out to be that the machine was not getting enough power. I move the machine to another circuit and it worked fine.
BobbyMartin

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:31:09 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2018, 04:31:17 PM by BobbyMartin

That's definitely not the case.

I ended up pointing them to miningpoolhub for the moment. Putting that in and then doing a reboot seemed to fix it. How on earth am I supposed to get AwesomeMiner to work for me? It took all of my miners offline.

Any time I try to set up a new pool profile to switch my ASICs over, the pool just says "dead". I want to solo mine verge on Prohashing or securepayment but this program just doesn't seem to like it.
Cosmictino

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:51:14 AM

That's definitely not the case.

I ended up pointing them to miningpoolhub for the moment. Putting that in and then doing a reboot seemed to fix it. How on earth am I supposed to get AwesomeMiner to work for me? It took all of my miners offline.

Any time I try to set up a new pool profile to switch my ASICs over, the pool just says "dead". I want to solo mine verge on Prohashing or securepayment but this program just doesn't seem to like it.

seems like that its not a miner prob. check your ports on firewall, router or anything else ..
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:51:08 PM

I changed to --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0  ,and still AM cannot see the miner

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
Jroc561

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:14:13 PM

May have bricked my miner, as soon as power is turned on the fault light illuminates red. No LEDs elsewhere, no fan movement. It does run while the reset button is pushed in, well at least the fans click on, will try to have someone push down the reset button while I attempt to log into the miner console later.

(Tried switching the PSU, No IP is being registered on the router when connecting directly via ethernet)

No TF reader.

May have to send it in or perhaps score a controller second hand...... any other ideas. Wish there was a foolproof hard reboot button like a push in reset for 10-15seconds...
persocra

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:22:51 PM

May have bricked my miner, as soon as power is turned on the fault light illuminates red. No LEDs elsewhere, no fan movement. It does run while the reset button is pushed in, well at least the fans click on, will try to have someone push down the reset button while I attempt to log into the miner console later.

(Tried switching the PSU, No IP is being registered on the router when connecting directly via ethernet)

No TF reader.

May have to send it in or perhaps score a controller second hand...... any other ideas. Wish there was a foolproof hard reboot button like a push in reset for 10-15seconds...

The exact same thing happened to mine. I'm trying to connect via serial cable and figure something out, but please let me know if you come up with something. Innosilicon charges USD 150 + shipping for a new control board, but I'll give the serial cable a go first.
Jroc561

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:20:38 AM

No TF reader.

The exact same thing happened to mine. I'm trying to connect via serial cable and figure something out, but please let me know if you come up with something. Innosilicon charges USD 150 + shipping for a new control board, but I'll give the serial cable a go first.

I hate that you are going through the same thing but I’m glad I have at least one mind trying to solve the issue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: