Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase account closed with pending tx?!  (Read 364 times)
New2coin (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:56:36 PM

My co worker linked his bank account via instant verification 4 days ago and then immediately made 3 tx which were all pending still today. When he went to log in it said his account was closed? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:06:54 PM

My co worker linked his bank account via instant verification 4 days ago and then immediately made 3 tx which were all pending still today. When he went to log in it said his account was closed? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
he should check with his bank maybe they thought it was fraud. I know someone who works for a cc company and he said a lot of fraud these days are Bitcoin
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:15:50 PM

He should also contact Coinbase support ASAP. Though he might get a reply after a week or so.
This is why I always recommend avoiding Coinbase and using other exchanges that don't do shady stuff like this. Obviously there's a reason for this but it doesn't really happen on exchanges like Gemini and Kraken.

Basically he should try to get his money back however possible and find & use an alternative because Coinbase is a horrible exchange really.
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:19:25 PM

My co worker linked his bank account via instant verification 4 days ago and then immediately made 3 tx which were all pending still today. When he went to log in it said his account was closed?

CONTACT THE SUPPORT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Your friend probably has his account compromised by those assholes, they are capable of doing anything in order to steal as much as they can.

How much money did he deposited in there?

It is incredible how thiefs they are, that is why i have always been out of those exchanges and i am now holding all my bitcoins on an offline wallet, THAT is the only way to protect your bitcoins from those assholes.

He is going to get replied in a week, or maybe a month, but do not lose the hope.
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:21:14 PM

They must think that something is up and that his money is not legitimate. If you can prove that the money has a legitimate source then you should be able to get the account unbanned. That hinges squarely on proving your innocence though which can be tough in this spot. AML KYC procedures are real and sometimes they crack down on innocent heads.

dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:28:41 PM

Everytime that it happens, it is for obvious reasons, that money that he deposited in there was probably bought with stolen credit cards or cracked bank accounts.

And it happened thousands of times, there is nothing new with that, everyday there are more than 10000 people trying to steal cc's and buying bitcoins later, that is one of the most common ways in that launderers are laundering their money.

Why do you think that most exchanges are always asking for ID verification before purchasing? because launderers dont purchase id's before stealing money.

contact support, if your friend has his ID on his hands, then he will obviously get his account back

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:29:41 PM

Why is everyone bashing coinbase here. I never heard of bad reports from other users until now, and they look safe. I know there were some users that lost funds on their accounts, but it wasn't a coinbase issue, and although their accounts got hacked, the problem wasn't from the coinbase side from what I heard. I'm not defending them, but until now I never heard of any issues with them.

Also, the OP is saying that the tx are pending, so I'm guessing the money wasn't even deposited at coinbase yet. Assuming those pending tx are bank tx and not BTC tx, they can probably still be canceled. Anyway, your friend should contact coinbase asap and see what is happening. Let us know how everything goes.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:11:21 AM

I honestly do not know what's going to happen. Usually coinbase does have pending txs in accounts even though there is no reason for it to happen, and it could stay that way for weeks/months. But not sure what's the precedure now that your account is closed.

They should have let you withdraw all the stored funds before closing your account, and the pending txs are all a part of your balance since it hasn't been sent out yet.

Honestly, you should contact support about it even though they may not offer a reply for a long time.

Smiley
p2psf

Activity: 1288
Merit: 11

FULLY FUNCTIONAL PRODUCT SOLVING A GLOBAL PROBLEM

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:06:07 AM

Why is everyone bashing coinbase here. I never heard of bad reports from other users until now, and they look safe. I know there were some users that lost funds on their accounts, but it wasn't a coinbase issue, and although their accounts got hacked, the problem wasn't from the coinbase side from what I heard. I'm not defending them, but until now I never heard of any issues with them.

Also, the OP is saying that the tx are pending, so I'm guessing the money wasn't even deposited at coinbase yet. Assuming those pending tx are bank tx and not BTC tx, they can probably still be canceled. Anyway, your friend should contact coinbase asap and see what is happening. Let us know how everything goes.

Hi, I should agree with you that Coinbase are good when it comes to safety and security matters. However, they do need to fix their biggest problem which is response time from their support team. With all the tech advances, I wonder why they would need a week or a month to respond even if they have tons of inquiries. If they could become proactive and have a quicker turnaround time to inquiries, I would not look beyond them because they are a clean exchange to top it all.

bizdev

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

Big fan of P2PS, the future of altcoins.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:12:44 AM

Hello,

although coinbase may be good from the safety aspects, they kinda go overboard in that they just need a very tiny suspicion to ban your account. Like the OP mentioned, and in my opinion, its the innocent that suffer more. Why? Simply because the fraudsters would know what precautions to take and the innocent are not wary of such things.

bizdev

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:16:58 AM

and AFAIK, simply closing an account without any explanation is not a good business practice. It looks like they are playing a little too safe or are paranoid probably because they are being closely monitored by regulators. Anyway you look at it, it should always be innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around.

p2psf

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:22:27 AM

Inspite of all the negatives Coinbase still seem to be one of the best exchanges to rely upon especially due to their two factor authentication and other features. Moreover, being regulated should give an extra level of comfort for all the clean folks although it could be a nightmare for some.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:26:41 PM

Hi, I should agree with you that Coinbase are good when it comes to safety and security matters. However, they do need to fix their biggest problem which is response time from their support team. With all the tech advances, I wonder why they would need a week or a month to respond even if they have tons of inquiries. If they could become proactive and have a quicker turnaround time to inquiries, I would not look beyond them because they are a clean exchange to top it all.

I completely agree with you on that point, but unfortunately this is something that is happening with all exchanges. Poloniex is facing the same problems when it comes to support quality. I do hope this is temporary, and both of these exchanges seem to be investing in that area, so right now I try to understand because we all know a lot of new users are joining exchanges, so it's probably hard to keep up.

I know this is different, but even CBOE site crashed on the first day of bitcoin futures trading. We are entering mainstream with BTC, so its hard to keep up. I guess that bitcoin is not the only thing with scalability issues.

p2psf

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 08:18:08 PM

I completely agree with you on that point, but unfortunately this is something that is happening with all exchanges. Poloniex is facing the same problems when it comes to support quality. I do hope this is temporary, and both of these exchanges seem to be investing in that area, so right now I try to understand because we all know a lot of new users are joining exchanges, so it's probably hard to keep up.

I know this is different, but even CBOE site crashed on the first day of bitcoin futures trading. We are entering mainstream with BTC, so its hard to keep up. I guess that bitcoin is not the only thing with scalability issues.

Thank you for your concurrence dear patt0. It is true that the volumes have increased substantially but so has the technology made great advances during the same time of the last couple of years since Bitcoin has made its mark and the launch of other alts. Most of the exchanges are well funded and capitalized. With the increase in altcoin circulation and the traffic commensurate with it, its time for exchanges to move to next gen tech not just in terms of a providing a smooth user experience but also a satisfactory customer service experience. Please have a wonderful week ahead.

bizdev

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:51:34 PM

BTC reached its peak and since has dropped lower. Some industry experts think that BTC is unable to hold the price or even sustain the high levels. They see it trading with a negative bias. Is it because it has run out of steam? Or have the speculators cashed out? Would you consider these as the good levels to start looking at buying?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: