Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:21:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airbnb ICO  (Read 1192 times)
cvan (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

So I stumbled upon an ico coming up called the bee token that is decentralizing the airbnb model. There are some pretty cool features such as zero commissions, transparency, immutable reviews, and dispute resolution. The team is made up of ex-engineers from google, uber, and facebook. From what I know their cap is $15m and their pre-sale is coming up this month. Anyone else hear about them?

https://www.thebeetoken.com/

whitepaper: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/beenest-public/whitepaper/bee_whitepaper_v3.pdf
darylalban

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:38:39 AM

yes i'm a part of their telegram group and have been since the beginning. Lots of potential in this one and i think it's the team that gives me a lot of faith as well. other than that I just hate airbnb lol, so anyone that's going to disrupt, I'm behind.
littlebill16

Activity: 160
Merit: 12

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:43:45 AM

This project could be huge, airbnb is worth an absolute fortune and if it can come close to rivaling that then it can be a big profit for investors, if done properly this could have a market cap in the billions, it's that big of an industry. The guys working on it seem to have good backgrounds so I'm going to be watching this closely

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░               UBEX               ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░               Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange               ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░        • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github        ░███▓
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:51:52 AM

yes i'm a part of their telegram group and have been since the beginning. Lots of potential in this one and i think it's the team that gives me a lot of faith as well. other than that I just hate airbnb lol, so anyone that's going to disrupt, I'm behind.
My take on airbnb is surely quite different than yours, so much better to rent a house on airbnb than stay in a hotel for extended periods of time, a token moving in a similar direction is something I could use.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:08:40 AM

Well Airbnb is a big dominator in its niche and i'm pretty sure that with its help this ICO can become successful in no time.
Here is the official thread btw: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2213527.0
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:13:57 AM

Well Airbnb is a big dominator in its niche and i'm pretty sure that with its help this ICO can become successful in no time.
Here is the official thread btw: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2213527.0

Thank you for the link to the official thread. I'll do some research into this one.
I agree this ICO could be very successful if they tick all the right boxes.
pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:15:13 AM

I saw them present in person at a meetup.

I'm not sure if airbnb needs to be decentralized. Here is my working hypothesis, that a decentralized app may be cheaper to run whenever it can replace manual processes/hiring humans to do the work, but it is still more expensive then running a good old "centralized" app, because there will be more transaction fees and confirmation times. I don't think airbnb's protocol needs to be decentralized, and by the time they're at scale they're still gonna have to pay the big bucks to hire the good designers, engineers, business people to create a great user experience, deal with legal issues, etc.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:47:27 AM

Sounds intriguing, if they can become a concurrence for Airbnb it will possibly be huge.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:49:16 AM

Yeah, I know bee token. As I have experienced very unpleasant things with airbnb and nothing but hate this company and their support, I certainly hope that this project will put them out of business for good. Hopefully this project will disrupt the domain airbnb is in! I will be definitely investing in the ICO, got to support this by principle. Actually I like everything decentralized that fights the huge companies that are thinking the whole world belongs to them.
bitgangsta

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:52:01 AM

I am definitely going to look into this ICO

Footy Cash: The Fantasy Sports Coin With Masternodes
http://footycash.com/
https://twitter.com/Footy_Cash
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:47:20 PM

This project could be huge, airbnb is worth an absolute fortune and if it can come close to rivaling that then it can be a big profit for investors, if done properly this could have a market cap in the billions, it's that big of an industry. The guys working on it seem to have good backgrounds so I'm going to be watching this closely

I couldn't agree more. Airbnb as a company is cool, but their platform became like Ebay. Dispute resolution is unfair and you end up getting banned. Love where this project is headed. Here's the updated ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2313314.msg23482285#msg23482285

I would also recommend joining the telegram group: https://t.me/beetoken
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:05:07 PM

That can be a good project, I should definitely check them. Also, I found one more promising project involved in real estate. It's called Zabercoin. They aim to become a real estate digital token. Here's their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388631.0
I think it's gonna be huge in the long term
valeru.aver

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:18:18 PM

Thanks for the info! Recently heard about them, but did not find the information. I will definitely study!
freew5660

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:26:36 PM

As an Airbnb user I'll try to look in to deeply.
Took a quick look and team looks has wome high profile job experiences.
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:54:01 PM

wow, i haven't heard about this ico, but i like airbnb in general. it is much easier and convenient for my family to use airbnb then booking a hotel room, and i know that there are a lot of people like me, so this project will be interesting for many people. i would look through the white paper, seems very interesting.

DarthToon

Activity: 98

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:52:49 PM

well , seems it will be a nice coin to invest time and cash. I'm gonna research it.

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:16:05 PM

wow, i haven't heard about this ico, but i like airbnb in general. it is much easier and convenient for my family to use airbnb then booking a hotel room, and i know that there are a lot of people like me, so this project will be interesting for many people. i would look through the white paper, seems very interesting.

As long as everything works out fine with AirBnB its convenient to use. The hassle starts as soon as there is a problem and you have to start to deal with the extremely bad costumer service of AirBnB. In the end I payed more for phone bills, letting my lawyer write a letter and spending hours after hours running behind my money, than I saved in total through AirBnB.
jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:43:56 PM

As long as everything works out fine with AirBnB its convenient to use. The hassle starts as soon as there is a problem and you have to start to deal with the extremely bad costumer service of AirBnB. In the end I payed more for phone bills, letting my lawyer write a letter and spending hours after hours running behind my money, than I saved in total through AirBnB.

Yes I completely agree!! Their customer services and dispute resolution is crap. There's a huge need for blockchain in this area. After reading their wp and looking at how arbitration works, I am very excited for what they have set up.
Meruem

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:54:50 PM

wow, a great project. I think it has a huge potential.
A home sharing market is actively developing nowadays and a lot of new features usually appear in this market.
In my opinion this project will have a lot of followers if the team will make their best.
Decentralizing of AirBnb would be really great, when i travel i usually face a lot of problems and this ICO will solve them.
Under problems I mean fake comments, lots of fees etc.
CryspRayz

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:47:14 PM

it's gonna be a good project, I'm looking for good real estate ICOs. So far I've found Airbnb and Zabercoin. Those are very promising with unique ideas. They have a lot of potential
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: