Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Save Network/Transaction Fees from Coinbase?  (Read 379 times)
dveddfe (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:46:03 PM

I want to transfer some Bitcoin from my Coinbase wallet account to another exchange. However, Coinbase charges a crap load for this transfer. Anywhere from $10 to $18...WTF Coinbase?

I heard you can download wallets to your desktop. If so, can transfer from your download wallet to other exchanges for free? Is there another wallet cheaper than Coinbase that charges less than that?

Thanks
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:31:05 AM

All because of tons of unconfirmed transactions on Bitcoin network so most of these exchanges are charging a very high fee for withdrawals. If your not in a hurry then you can wait for some time until all these pending transactions to reduce then they also may reduce transaction fees.

Electrum is one of the best desktop wallets to consider https://electrum.org/#home

In blockchain online wallet you can set your own transaction fee but if you set small amount then your transaction may not confirm fast.
elbago1

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:03:29 PM

i think is on history
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:10:46 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 10:27:39 AM by kahc

I want to transfer some Bitcoin from my Coinbase wallet account to another exchange. However, Coinbase charges a crap load for this transfer. Anywhere from $10 to $18...WTF Coinbase?

I heard you can download wallets to your desktop. If so, can transfer from your download wallet to other exchanges for free? Is there another wallet cheaper than Coinbase that charges less than that?

Thanks

Here is a little trick that every traders know about.

1. Transfer your BTC from Coinbase to GDAX.
2. Send your BTC from GDAX to a chosen address.
3. The whole process is free.
staker$

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

I love donation, BTC: 1P3TzmdoTJGafGWjoezDMudUb5zY

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:20:08 AM

Thanks

It seems nice to hear, but is this really possible to transfer free from coinbase to gdax? I would like to be sure before trying, Is there any body here can confirm this?

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
kahc

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:27:42 AM

Thanks

It seems nice to hear, but is this really possible to transfer free from coinbase to gdax? I would like to be sure before trying, Is there any body here can confirm this?

I can confirm.
That's why I use GDAX frequently, also GDAX is just Coinbase's dedicated exchange.
DarkStar_alt

Activity: 174
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:31:04 AM

Thanks

I can confirm.
That's why I use GDAX frequently, also GDAX is just Coinbase's dedicated exchange.

Can confirm as well. Just make sure you transfer from coinbase balance instead of sending to your deposit BTC address.

DO NOT Trade with this account - it is less secure than my normal account
For any inquires, I'd prefer if you PMed my normal account (DarkStar_) for a faster response.
Ameador1

Activity: 124
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:47:44 AM

Are you talking about GDAX.com? I was looking at it and they have some convoluted fee structure listed on their site. Am I looking at the right site?

kahc

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:12:01 AM

Are you talking about GDAX.com? I was looking at it and they have some convoluted fee structure listed on their site. Am I looking at the right site?

Correct, you mean the taker's and maker's fees?
They are fees for trading(buying and selling) on their platform.
Much lower fees than what Coinbase can offer.
Ameador1

Activity: 124
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:40:06 AM

Ok. So they give you a wallet address on GADX.com, you transfer BTC from CoinBase to GADX.com wallet address and then from their to your own private wallet address and then no fees. GADX doesn't consider taking BTC out of their wallet into your to be related to those taker's and maker's fees?

Another question then too. I have used Shapeshift.io to xfer BTC to BCH. Are you saying I could use this GADX.com to do the same at maybe a better rate?

Thanks! (sorry for newbie questions Wink )
kahc

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:09:15 AM

Ok. So they give you a wallet address on GADX.com, you transfer BTC from CoinBase to GADX.com wallet address and then from their to your own private wallet address and then no fees. GADX doesn't consider taking BTC out of their wallet into your to be related to those taker's and maker's fees?

Another question then too. I have used Shapeshift.io to xfer BTC to BCH. Are you saying I could use this GADX.com to do the same at maybe a better rate?

Thanks! (sorry for newbie questions Wink )

When you are in GDAX and click 'deposit', you can chose 'Coinbase account' and pick if you want to transfer coins or fiat.
The transfer is done internally, as GDAX is a part of Coinbase.
After that you can 'withdraw' from GDAX to any addresses you want, free of fees, or more worded more correctly GDAX cover the fees for you.
Takers and makers fees are only applied if you buy/sell.

GDAX only support BCT, ETH, LCT and fiat. So your Shapeshift case is not executable.
dveddfe (OP)

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:40:36 AM

Thanks

Thank you

I didn't know you could transfer to another exchange on GDAX. Unbelievable. I knew you should buy and sell on GDAX and to Coinbase... I just threw away about $50 worth of commissions this past week or so.
exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:40:33 AM

Why would GDAX move your BTC free of charge, that could add up to millions in lost revenue. makes no sense....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: