Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:46:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offloading Monero  (Read 251 times)
gotminer (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:55:57 PM

Where is the best place to get rid of Monero, if you're in the United States?  I've been looking at Bittrex, Kraken, and Poloniex ... But I'm a getting confused.  Can it be converted to USD on an exchange or am I going to have to sell and buy BTC with ... And then send the BTC to Coinbase in order to get it into USD?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
markoive

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:30:05 AM

exchange it for BTC then send btc to coinbase
gotminer (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:33:54 PM

exchange it for BTC then send btc to coinbase

Any suggestions on exchanges for USA customers?  I'm leaning towards Poloniex.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
illaslli

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:35:46 PM

Where is the best place to get rid of Monero, if you're in the United States?  I've been looking at Bittrex, Kraken, and Poloniex ... But I'm a getting confused.  Can it be converted to USD on an exchange or am I going to have to sell and buy BTC with ... And then send the BTC to Coinbase in order to get it into USD?

Yes you have to sell to BTC first before converting it to $, I recommend bittrex.
gotminer (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:44:06 PM

Yes you have to sell to BTC first before converting it to $, I recommend bittrex.

Any reason you recommend Bittrex over Poloniex?  Just curious.

markoive

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:12:26 PM

Honestly I avoid both Bittrex and Poloniex , alot of people had problems with them (long wait time/poor support , force closing coins etc)

I use HitBTC they have monero (never had problems with them , everything smooth  Wink )
gotminer (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:34:53 PM

Honestly I avoid both Bittrex and Poloniex , alot of people had problems with them (long wait time/poor support , force closing coins etc)

I use HitBTC they have monero (never had problems with them , everything smooth  Wink )

What do you consider a long wait time?

markoive

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:46:53 PM

over 24h transactions  Shocked
abbv21b

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:59:32 PM

Yes, please be careful when dealing with Bittrex. They have a ton of problems recently with verifications, support and withdraw. Some are thinking Bittrex did an exit scam or they were hacked and these problems are a cover-up attempt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: