Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 09:02:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to make friends with developers & learn  (Read 172 times)
MoneyBomber (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:40:50 AM

I want to make friends with developers and learn how to program a blockchain. I don't want to just learn  how to program smart contracts.  I want to learn everything necessary to understand the most robust blockchain/distributed-ledger technologies.
Does anyone know a good book to pick up? I have a long history of web development/javascript. I've had a really hard time searching for this.
I need to learn because I have a unique idea I want to implement on a dead coin.
winteriscoming91

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:40:45 AM

You should be good in a programming language, because launching a coin can be done with moderate knowledge, later for maintaining those we need to be an Subject matter expertise. Better to do as a group. I have people who is much interested and passionate to do so.

sycaburatan

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:43:27 AM

Passionate programmers are the ones that are developing good coins,any programming language can be learn thru book and internet but experience cant be taught.

winteriscoming91

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:49:53 AM

Passionate programmers are the ones that are developing good coins,any programming language can be learn thru book and internet but experience cant be taught.
Agree with you!! We can start creating a brownbag session to start learning.

ethminer012

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:57:14 AM

I want to make friends with developers and learn how to program a blockchain. I don't want to just learn  how to program smart contracts.  I want to learn everything necessary to understand the most robust blockchain/distributed-ledger technologies.
Does anyone know a good book to pick up? I have a long history of web development/javascript. I've had a really hard time searching for this.
I need to learn because I have a unique idea I want to implement on a dead coin.

I'll be happy just understanding how to make smart contracts
Could you help me or redirect me to a bitcointalk-thread?
tools, platforms, how to deploy a dapp...

_
e12
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:58:56 AM

you don't need much knowledge to start your own coin it is extremely easy. there are a lot of good tutorials around, it generally only involves a little copy and pasting so why would you use a dead coin when you can just make your own one so easily? Just google it there are so many tutorials on youtube, i made one just for fun the other day but it was a token on the eth platform not a coin. Took me around 10minutes to make.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:06:27 AM

Yup.  I would totally love to join a project with competent developers looking to mentor entry and mid level budding young software engineers.

I would even do an unpaid internship for the opportunity.  Yes, it would only cost a team their time and patience.  It would probably pay out pretty good for them too as I am not that bad of a developer.

For some reason the couple teams I have reached out to said they would keep it in mind but were not looking for new devs.

One thing we could do is find open source projects, study them on our own (kind of what I do now), and try to build something or resolve some issue and present it to them.  You have to figure out what they need done on your own though.  Mangement, collaboration, and an organized system of task allocation would be awesome.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
winteriscoming91

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:23:10 AM

you don't need much knowledge to start your own coin it is extremely easy. there are a lot of good tutorials around, it generally only involves a little copy and pasting so why would you use a dead coin when you can just make your own one so easily? Just google it there are so many tutorials on youtube, i made one just for fun the other day but it was a token on the eth platform not a coin. Took me around 10minutes to make.
WoW!! Do you have links handy?

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:57:29 PM

WoW!! Do you have links handy?

Forking a codebase and even running the coin may not be very difficult - but depending on the codebase adding new 'unique' features is going to be considerably harder.

Even though you probably wouldn't want to go with Python there is a great 'build a blockchain' tutorial.  https://hackernoon.com/learn-blockchains-by-building-one-117428612f46

It is a fun tutorial and exposes you to many of the basic ideas. 

It will also depend on the idea you have.  Any chance you will share it for feedback?  The last thing I want is to steal your idea (I got three great coin ideas myself just need to someday develop them).  Just want to give some feedback and maybe point you in the right direction.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀