Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:47:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a final mining/gaming system - what's the best MB, etc  (Read 1270 times)
btcgolong (OP)

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:32:15 PM

I've got a 7990 mining away on a old MB (yes I know GPU mining is almost done, but I may switch to litecoin...)

I want to build a new super system that will mine for a few months then switch to playing BF4.

I would like to have at least 3 pcie slots (I've got a few 6870s in another machine), so I would be giving GPU mining one last blast from one machine.

How many cores do I need to run 3 video cards, plus a few asic erupters?

So what I need to know is what Motherboard/CPU combo do you recommend (this would be a bang for the buck system), power supply, even case...and having a ton of usb slots would be cool for those asics.

I've been told go with Intel only and I will probably buy from newegg, unless you recommend otherwise.

Thanks
gooseta

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:05:49 PM

I've got a 7990 mining away on a old MB (yes I know GPU mining is almost done, but I may switch to litecoin...)

I want to build a new super system that will mine for a few months then switch to playing BF4.

I would like to have at least 3 pcie slots (I've got a few 6870s in another machine), so I would be giving GPU mining one last blast from one machine.

How many cores do I need to run 3 video cards, plus a few asic erupters?

So what I need to know is what Motherboard/CPU combo do you recommend (this would be a bang for the buck system), power supply, even case...and having a ton of usb slots would be cool for those asics.

I've been told go with Intel only and I will probably buy from newegg, unless you recommend otherwise.

Thanks

Get a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H. It can run 6 Gpus and has six rear USB 3 ports and 2 USB 2. If you want to oc, get the i5-4570k. If you want to spend as little as possible and don't require Oc abilities, get an i5-4430
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: