Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:47:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: discrepancy on what to mine for profit  (Read 317 times)
razorseal (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:04:43 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm curious the discrepency I'm having on coinwarz vs whattomine... I entered my h/s for lyra2rev2 and equihash...

one says I need to be mining Bitcoin Gold and the other says to mine vertcoin... same rates entered. looks like different exchanges, but still...

any idea how I can pick what to mine?

ps. I'll be using 1x GTX 970

I started off with nanopool's zcash, but then realized I could make slightly more if I go VTC or BTG...

https://s17.postimg.org/scw6ep79r/coinwarz.png <---- Coinwarz screenshot
https://s17.postimg.org/97sx4y0bj/whattomine.png <---- whattomine screenshot
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:32:40 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm curious the discrepency I'm having on coinwarz vs whattomine... I entered my h/s for lyra2rev2 and equihash...

one says I need to be mining Bitcoin Gold and the other says to mine vertcoin... same rates entered. looks like different exchanges, but still...

any idea how I can pick what to mine?

ps. I'll be using 1x GTX 970

I started off with nanopool's zcash, but then realized I could make slightly more if I go VTC or BTG...

https://s17.postimg.org/scw6ep79r/coinwarz.png <---- Coinwarz screenshot
https://s17.postimg.org/97sx4y0bj/whattomine.png <---- whattomine screenshot

those are just for your references, it may vary from time to time, you can try on both coins which could be more profitable to you then decide, its pointless anyway for sticking on a single coin to mine and those online calculators are a great tool to give you an idea which is a hot coin at present.
razorseal (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:01:12 PM

So most people are constantly switching around?

I mean, I'm making couple bucks a day at best. if I'm always switching, it makes it pretty hard to build a pool of anything. lol

Someone needs to make an auto switching miner... Like nicehash, but direct mining.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:00:34 PM

What's the point on sticking to a coin that is not already profitable if you don't switch, if the word 'Constant' to you is a frequencies, that is up to you.

I mean, I'm making couple bucks a day at best. if I'm always switching, it makes it pretty hard to build a pool of anything. lol

Someone needs to make an auto switching miner... Like nicehash, but direct mining.

there are certain app for mining softwares like winminer that offers auto coins switching if you want to. Roll Eyes
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:09:05 PM

Coinwarz.com uses real-time data by default. Whattomine.com uses a 24 hour average for difficulty and price by default in it's calculations. You need to change it to 'Current price' and 'Current difficulty' in the sort options to use the current data.
razorseal (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:12:57 PM

What's the point on sticking to a coin that is not already profitable if you don't switch, if the word 'Constant' to you is a frequencies, that is up to you.

there are certain app for mining softwares like winminer that offers auto coins switching if you want to. Roll Eyes

So you're telling me that you wake up in the middle of the night and switch your miner when a certain currency takes a hit? come on  Roll Eyes

I tried winminer, not taking anyone new right now. Also tried betterhash, which is nice, but it seems profits are higher if I do vertcoin right now.
razorseal (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:15:58 PM

So you're telling me that you wake up in the middle of the night and switch your miner when a certain currency takes a hit? come on  Roll Eyes

I tried winminer, not taking anyone new right now. Also tried betterhash, which is nice, but it seems profits are higher if I do vertcoin right now.

Gotcha... that helps a bit. I see they also pull data from other exchanges, which also fluctuates the price.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: