Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:22:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BeYourOwnBank Coldstorage DIY Silver Coins "Bankers Beware"  (Read 2135 times)
Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 5998

Meh.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:13:25 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 01:39:26 PM by Hhampuz
Merited by TMAN (1)

I'm happy to finally bring this to the forum as it has been in the works for a couple of months. I've had the idea for over a year as I've searched for the best manufacturers available. I give you: "Bankers BTCeware" The first ever design that will be released under the "Be Your Own Bank" brand.

Special thanks goes out to Minerjones who's been extremely helpful in realizing this project and helping out with logistics and escrow services! A big thank you goes out to tothemoonsands for helping with designing the hologram and initial coin design. Would also like to extend a thank you to the community for being supportive while I've pursued this.

General Info:

The coin is .999 silver and weighs in at 1 Troy Ounce. On the obverse there's a custom design and this one will change with each release. On the reverse the name "Be Your Own Bank" prides the top to and from 12 o'clock. This will not change with potential future releases. There's a recessed circle in the middle where you can place a private key and cover it up with the included custom designed 4-layered hologram. At 6 o'clock the coins serial number is engraved.

The Design:

This, the first design, has been named "Bankers BTCeware". It depicts a bull that is charging against a banker who desperately tries to wave the bull off with his dollar bill. This commemorates the bull run that we've had this year as well as the numerous banks and bankers that have been claiming BTC as a bad investment, amazingly enough we've during this time even crossed both $10k & $11k per BTC.

What You Get:

The coin itself which is 39mm in diameter that was put in an air-tite right after mintage. As previously mentioned, a custom designed hologram (x2) as well as a custom designed leatherette coin case. A COA with all the coin information, a small image of the coin design and a row for you to place the printed public key is also included with each coin.

Logistics, Shipping & Payments:

I have worked closely with minerjones for this project as the mint is located in USA and it makes more sense to ship out individual coins from there rather than me getting charged 25% VAT and import tax just for receiving the coins. This means that minerjones will handle all of the shipping as well as being the escrow for this project. This is the only payment address that we will use for this design: 3A2icsU1w6jCXsjenajo9EVkzAjE7kGpbs. This was generated by minerjones for the purpose of this and he is in complete control of it. He'll also sign a message below which includes this information.
The price per coin will be: This does not include shipping, that will be based on your location. Please send a PM to either me or Minerjones before wanting to pay for your coin to get the total amount. The above price is tied to $95 and changes depending on the current BTC rate so make sure to update it before sending payment.

Release & Serials:

Auctions are over and we can now open up general sales! Serials 16-150 are available and you can see which coins have already been reserved > Here <. As reservations ran throughout the Auction there's been nice number of reservations already. Note that several coins had imperfections so we had to send them back to the mint to have them remade. Once we get them back the people that have had them reserved already will have first dibs, afterwards they will be released to the public for the same price as the other coins.

Limitations:

As the idea was always to create an affordable silver coin that could be used a cold storage wallet I've decided to limit the amount of coins one user can purchase to twelve (12) coins. This does not include the Auction however and is only of concern to the general sales. This limitation will be up for debate in the near future and is subject to change overtime but as of now that is what we will use.

Disclaimer:

I reserve the right for any mistyped information within this thread. I'll work hard to ensure that everyone feels happy with the end result of the product offered. In case you are charged with import or VAT charges myself, minerjones or Be Your Own Bank can not be held liable for any costs that may occur for you. We will work hard on having the coin/s with you prior to the holidays but this is not something that we can guarantee. This thread is subject to being updated daily.

Thank you All!

Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:13:34 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 06:31:38 AM by Hhampuz

Current lowest numbers available: #131, 132, 135 , 138 - All 4 of these are at the mint and we are waiting to get them back after having them remade due to imperfections. No other coins are currently in hand!

Total cost including shipping to US: $105 -
Total cost including shipping to EU/Rest of World: $120 -
Price Per Coin: $95 -
Payment Address: 3A2icsU1w6jCXsjenajo9EVkzAjE7kGpbs

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 07:00:01 AM

You should consider selling a black t shirt with that cool logo "Banking Is Necessary Banks Are Not" on the front.

Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:36:38 PM

You should consider selling a black t shirt with that cool logo "Banking Is Necessary Banks Are Not" on the front.

That is actually not a bad idea.. hmmm Cheesy

Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:02:26 PM

Orders are starting to fill and I've updated the first post in this thread with information regarding price, lowest available number right now and I also updated with shipping costs Smiley.

ZipReg

Activity: 864
Merit: 648

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 07:31:56 PM

Orders are starting to fill and I've updated the first post in this thread with information regarding price, lowest available number right now and I also updated with shipping costs Smiley.

These are sweet! Hey since you got such a great deal on the group buy for us I have a pretty decent chunk left over there, can we set some of these aside for me with some of that? If so count me in, Thanks!
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1344
Merit: 295

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:41:12 PM

I'd buy a shirt, too  Grin
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:56:33 PM

I will take one please. I will send payment in a few.
Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:12:10 AM

I will take one please. I will send payment in a few.

Awesome! Would you like a specific number? The lowest available right now is #71 Smiley.

Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1402

Disobey.

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:46:56 AM

I'd like the reserved numbers please.

If shirt == TRUE
{
   printf "awesome";
   buy_shirt = TRUE;
}

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

UPDATE 2024: Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSx8j8lSewA One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet and human society in general. Go check it out.
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1344
Merit: 295

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:27:29 AM

I'd like the reserved numbers please.

If shirt == TRUE
{
   printf "awesome";
   buy_shirt = TRUE;
}

1x=awesome

Where x = True

Does shirt = x?

Solve for 5 points.

Wink
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:52:14 AM

A company called www.bitlabshop.com used to produce that logo on stickers and mousepads. Alas they are no longer in business.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:05:09 PM

A company called www.bitlabshop.com used to produce that logo on stickers and mousepads. Alas they are no longer in business.

https://bitcoinnewsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/bitlogo.jpg

Correct.
I had bought some of their items and had forget about these... being that,

I have 5 swag packs available...
They have a mouse pad, 4" sticker, and 3.5" coaster and a BitLab sticker!!!
$10 each pack

I'll take two of the swag packs PM sent!

Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:14:17 PM

I'll take serial #72. Please PM me with total payment amount shipped to US.

Excellent! I will send you a PM shortly Smiley.

ZipReg

Activity: 864
Merit: 648

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:15:33 PM

Correct.

$10 each pack

PM on 2 swags!
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:18:45 PM

I'd buy a shirt, too  Grin

Correct.

$10 each pack

PM on 2 swags!

Very good, thank you

ONLY 1 SWAG PACK LEFT!!!!  Cheesy

Can I get the final one? Combined with my coins from Hhampuz, since you are shipping the coins anyway.
I'd pay seperately with LTC or any other low-fee altcoin if possible.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

UPDATE 2024: Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSx8j8lSewA One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet and human society in general. Go check it out.
Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:22:13 PM

So far sales are going great, still some people with reservations that are yet to reply to the PM's I've sent out but it is all good.

As for payments, please don't send in a payment without telling me that you are paying or by not sending me the txID, it can become extremely confusing if we are just receiving payments with no clue who sent it.

Still plenty of numbers left up for grabs, although we've already sold a lot of them. Feel free to ask if you have any questions at all Smiley.

Thank you all for the amazing support so far, it's been overwhelming!

Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:20:25 PM

~snip

ONLY 1 SWAG PACK LEFT!!!!  Cheesy

Can I get the final one? Combined with my coins from Hhampuz, since you are shipping the coins anyway.
I'd pay seperately with LTC or any other low-fee altcoin if possible.

Sure thing... it's yours.
Can be added to the payment if you would like or I can give you an LTC or even a Paypal address if wanted
Fantastic, if adding to the full payment in BTC is an option I'd definitly like to do it this way.
Thanks!

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:34:19 AM

Paid, can't wait to get this gorgeous coin in my hands.   Thanks.

Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:43:39 AM

Paid, can't wait to get this gorgeous coin in my hands.   Thanks.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

These are flying off the shelf right now so pick up one while you can Cheesy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: