Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 02:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How are you buying Crypto with fiat?
Coinbase
Kraken
Cex.io
Bitstamp
CoinMama
LocalBitcoin
Gemini
Other(write below)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How are you buying Crypto with fiat?  (Read 158 times)
aBoss (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:00:33 AM

Hello,

Heading into 2018 I feel it will be a big year for crypto and many new people will want to buy in. I feel there are enough exchangers and experiences from this community to see which one is most preferred. It will help many new members get their foot in the door.

After answering the poll it would also help to answer these questions

1. Why did you choose that exchanger?

2. What was the verification like? ( was photo ID, address bill, credit card picture, etc needed)

3. How long did it take to get your crypto?

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 02:17:18 PM

I use Coinbase.

1. Why did you choose that exchanger?
At the time it was the easiest way for my to buy cryptocurrency. It's also a local company for me, which give me trust (albeit a fals sense) that the business was sound.

2. What was the verification like? ( was photo ID, address bill, credit card picture, etc needed)
Thorough. Personal information and photo ID. There's no anonymity and I'm OK with it.

3. How long did it take to get your crypto?

The first time took a week or two because I had to get my identity verified. Now, if I want to buy crypto from Coinbase I can do a direct debit from my bank account, which costs 2.99% and takes 5 days to settle. Or I can use a credit card for my purchases, which costs 5.99% and takes 48 hours to settle. Either way I look in my buy price when I click "Buy".

To the OP, Bitcoin exchanges available to someone are still largely aligned by Country. It's easiest to work with an exchange that's based out of your country or Region of the world.
Kulitha

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:18:57 PM

i use cex.io . for my country cex.io is the only way to buy bitcoin using our credit card and debit card . none of other exchanges don't support to our country . i think coinbase will be available soon for my country .
i think commission fees are higher  in cex.io .but  have nothing to do .
for verification i used my driving licence .it wasn't hard to do .
i could get crpto in very fastly .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: