Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncofirmed transaction with low fee  (Read 312 times)
alexgo17 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:03:06 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 10:09:05 AM by alexgo17

Hi all,
I have created transaction with very small fee, it hangs unconfirmed for 12 days.
I use bitcoin core, and trying to make -zapwallettxes and -rescan
And after I think its allright, but several minutes later unconfirmed transation back to wallet (as I understand - from mempool)
So, I have two questions:
1) Is any safe way to drop unconfirmed tx
2) How long my tx will be in pool? Is any way to see expire date of it?

Thanks a lot  for answers!
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:13:39 AM

First of all, please provide with the txid if you wish that people can help you out better by accelerating it.
So, now to the real part.

The answer to your first question would be that, it is always safe since bitcoins won't "disappear" as you might say, because unconfirmed transaction will only be forgotten by the network, and the bitcoins will be spendable again. Im not sure if bitcoin core is able to use RBF (Replace By Fee), but you can always try CPFP (Child Pays For Parent). However on both of the methods you'll have to pay some extra BTC to get your transaction confirmed faster.

As answer for the second question, your transaction will remain on the mempool for as long as someone is broadcasting it.

You may try the following accelerators by yourself, as they all are free:

Confirmtx.com
Antpool accelerator (you must be logged in to use this)
ViaBTC accelerator (minimum fee of 10sat/byte)

Let me know if you have any additional questions, so i might help you out Smiley

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
alexgo17 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:49:39 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 12:14:22 PM by alexgo17

Thanks a lot, I already googled about some theory too )
I tried viabtc accelerator - (yesterday I cant - it was busy, and today I can, but it said "fee is too low" ))
I was on Confirmtx.com too, but every time I open page I see the notice "Last Block Found: 4 minutes ago by SlushPool", this message is hardcoded, and I think service is broken )
But I didn't know about antpool accelerator, and now will try it ) thank you )

Could you please say about CPFP too? I can ask recipient to use it (he using bitcoin core too)

Do you think it's secure to put my txid on public forum? I think bad men  can see it, and will have some info about me -  they will know I using core, may be they can find my email, for example, and try, to bruteforce some service to reach my btc? )) Or its a paranoic?))

Thank you!
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:02:44 PM

Do you think it's secure to put my txid on public forum? I think bad men  can see it, and will have some info about me -  they will know I using core, may be they can find my email, for example, and try, to bruteforce some service to reach my btc? )) Or its a paranoic?))

Thank you!

It's safe, however it's possible to keep broadcasting the transaction and keep it unconfirmed if they are annoying enough (assuming that mempool did not clear out in a while). Antpool should work however it will be slow because i think your tx is sent with under 10sat/byte. Only the receiver can use CPFP, and you cannot do anything about it unless you have BTC on your wallet and you send them with around a double current standard fee. Confirmtx appears to be currently broken yes, however you can still try it. It is possible to track all of the bitcoin transactions, but i don't see why anyone would do that.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
alexgo17 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:33:08 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 02:24:46 PM by alexgo17

oк )
https://blockchain.info/tx/4ed49e18d91cd8182a98dbb932b6a2102132f6901339ed93738f7ffd26ea631b

about cpfp - I can control reciever's wallet too, do you know how to use CPFP on the bitcoin core?

about confirmtx - I just try and at second attempt service said "Transaction queued already!"
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7103

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 02:39:56 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 01:47:37 AM by TryNinja

ConfirmTX.com is a scam. Under no circumstances pay them to "accelerate" your transaction.
The admin lied about having a partnership with a mining pool, tried to sell his website script, has tons of complaints about their service doing nothing and now he just vanished from the forum.

Check the last pages of their thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2138157.100

1) Is any safe way to drop unconfirmed tx
No.

2) How long my tx will be in pool? Is any way to see expire date of it?
I heard somewhere that it takes 3 days 2 weeks (I can't confirm). But some services will keep rebroadcasting your unconfirmed transaction and putting it back into the mempool.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
alexgo17 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:04:42 PM

As I wrote before, it's already live for 12 days.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7103

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 02:38:54 AM

Best suggestion i have is keep trying ViaBTC's Maybe you'll get lucky right on the hour,  or Speedybit.....    (Don't know how successful it is, but cant hurt...)

https://spdybit.io/ <- SCAM

i got one unconfirmed for 10 days, I just wish it would get rejected for god sakes!  the amount sent was like 1 dollar but its backing up the future deposits from being withdrawn.....
This website is just another scam. There are at least 2 other websites using the same template and code - since everything is being sold in a website for $15~$20.

Here is one of them:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2557239.msg26058650

Or are you the owner of this scam website...? I have seen you post his website at least once more in another thread...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitKuo

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:52:18 AM

Can somebody help me? I made a transaction accidentally with way too low fees. It's been stuck now for 5 days  Sad
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/1ea2f3ea26378d772ba2cdcf30776999b8b0331e0a917a74222563af1f74fcdc

jasonbourne212

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

JASON BOURNE

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:07:30 AM

Best suggestion i have is keep trying ViaBTC's Maybe you'll get lucky right on the hour,  or Speedybit.....    (Don't know how successful it is, but cant hurt...)

https://spdybit.io/ <- SCAM

i got one unconfirmed for 10 days, I just wish it would get rejected for god sakes!  the amount sent was like 1 dollar but its backing up the future deposits from being withdrawn.....
This website is just another scam. There are at least 2 other websites using the same template and code - since everything is being sold in a website for $15~$20.

Here is one of them:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2557239.msg26058650

Or are you the owner of this scam website...? I have seen you post his website at least once more in another thread...

hahahahahahaha was that last question serious???   Ill go ahead and agree with you, both that it is a scam, (since it never worked for me) and that i own it,  hopefully people send me money

BTCCC
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:15:00 PM

oк )
https://blockchain.info/tx/4ed49e18d91cd8182a98dbb932b6a2102132f6901339ed93738f7ffd26ea631b

about cpfp - I can control reciever's wallet too, do you know how to use CPFP on the bitcoin core?

about confirmtx - I just try and at second attempt service said "Transaction queued already!"

there are two outputs, if one is your (change) address you can do CPFP
by simply using that unspent in a new transaction but with tx fee to cover both transactions
if the new tx you create consist of 1 input and 1 output, tx size will be around ~200 bytes
so you set the tx fee on the new tx something like 0.00065 BTC this should make it average 150s+/B for both tx
( 225+200 ) * 150 = 63750 ~65k sats , if you want to increase fee rate change 150 to higher number

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: