Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PHM] - Power Hash Mining Announcement  (Read 5695 times)
PowerHashMining (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:27:30 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 06:24:20 AM by PowerHashMining

Fund canceled. Please see my latest post in the following thread for more details:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255235.msg2753294#msg2753294

Hello!
We are proud to announce the upcoming IPO of Power Hash Mining. On Monday, July 15th, we will release 300,000 shares to the public.

PHM is dedicated to mining the latest crypto currencies while maximizing profits through choosing the best coins to mine and sell.

After our initial raise, we are hoping to add up to 50 mhash to our network and further expand from there. Below is the official release information.

Official Asset Page: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=PHM
Mining stats and news will be listed on http://PowerHashMining.com when available.

After our initial raise, we are hoping to add up to 50 mhash to our network and further expand from there. Below is the official release information.

Let this be the official thread for discussion and questions!

PHM - Power Hash Mining

Power Hash Mining (herein referred to as PHM) is a unique, specialized alt-coin mining company that dynamically mines various alt-coins for maximum profit.

PHM will mine alt-coins, including, but not limited to, Litecoin, Terracoin, Freicoin and any currently profitable crypto-currency available. Our hashing power will be aimed at different coins depending on each coin’s potential profitability. These coins will be sold at market to maximize their value and convert them into Bitcoin for dividend payment. Funds raised will go towards the expansion of our mining operation.

Shares
Each 1 share of PHM represents an equal share of the any net profits from mining and trading alt-coins.

Dividends
Shareholders will receive dividends weekly on each Wednesday. Dividends will be paid as 85% of the net profits earned after expenses. Mining expenses are Rent, Electricity, Replacement Parts, and Repair. Labour fees or time-consuming work will not be expensed and are covered by the 15% of profits being retained by the operators.

Coins will be converted to Bitcoin for dividend payments. Conversions will be done in a strategic fashion, to best maximize profits and minimally impact conversion rates.

IPO & Share Issuance
The initial public announcement will be on 7/12/13. This announcement will outline the plans and release dates for PHM. On 7/15/13 the initial public offering will be released at the Bitcoin equivalent value of $0.20 per share at the time of release.

Additional shares will be released in the future, for further expansion and growth. No set dates for these releases are planned at this time. After the initial IPO shares are sold and mining has started,we will assess when to announce and release additional shares. The price of newly issued shares will beset to the 7-day average price of the week prior. New shares will not be issued until any hardware purchased previously has been implemented and is mining.

Mining
Shareholders own all PHM mining equipment. Currently, PHM is GPU-mining Litecoins at approximately 2.4Mh/s. We have an established dedicated mining room, which is properly temperature-controlled and secured. PHM also has plans of purchasing 2 ASICS from BFL. These include one Jalapeno and one 30Gh/s miner. These will provide about 35Gh/s toward mining Bitcoin directly.

The primary coin being mined will be Litecoin, but we may switch to other promising alt coins at will. Provisioning of hashing power can be spread to multiple currencies. During times when no alt-coins are more profitable than Bitcoin, the mining power can easily be moved to mine Bitcoin instead.

Buyback Rights
The issuer has the right to buy back shares at any time at a price equal to 105% of the highest price seen during trading of the previous 7 days.

Voting Rights
Shareholders will be asked to vote upon decisions that affect shareholders as a whole or changes to this agreement. It is up to the discretion of PHM to determine the most profitable currency to mine.

Reserved Rights
The issuer reserves the following rights:
1. Make changes to this agreement, as long as it has the best interest of its shareholders in mind.
2. Create motions for changes to the business, contract, or strategy of the company.

Dissolution
In the event that mining becomes only marginally profitable or a losing effort, or an act of god causes such, PHM reserves the right to close the business. Existing hardware will be sold, and remaining funds will be distributed back to all shareholders as a special dividend. The owners of PHM cannot be held personally liable for any losses incurred due to investments.

Disclaimer
It is our intention to try and provide our shareholders the most profitable return as possible. As with all investments, there is always a risk, so do not invest more than you can afford to lose in the worst-case scenario. The owners and representatives, either directly or via passthroughs are in no way liable for any losses incurred.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:43:34 PM

After our initial raise, we are hoping to add up to 50 mhash to our network and further expand from there.

Woah, woah. That sounds pretty ambitious.
PowerHashMining (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:48:09 PM

After our initial raise, we are hoping to add up to 50 mhash to our network and further expand from there.

Not sure in which way you mean that?

As in "thats nothing", because you are comparing it to SHA hashing? (And in that case, 50mhash SCRYPT is essentially the equivalent to 50GH on SHA)

Or "That's a lot to expect"
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:54:38 PM

Roughly $65k for 50 MH/s.. I need to setup a scrypt mining company  Grin

Can't tell if you aren't familiar with scrypt mining, didn't pick up the fact that he was stating scrypt mining speeds, or you are trolling. I'll assume one of the former.
Factory

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:13:01 PM

Roughly $65k for 50 MH/s.. I need to setup a scrypt mining company  Grin

Can't tell if you aren't familiar with scrypt mining, didn't pick up the fact that he was stating scrypt mining speeds, or you are trolling. I'll assume one of the former.

I am quite faimiliar with scrypt mining.

I (seemingly failed) to show skepticism towards the original post. The contract on a whole is still quite vague, and statements such as "up to 50 mhash" do not do much to clarify any specifics- it's just filler language. On top of that, they say they plan to purchase ASICs from BFL.....which is likely a terrible avenue.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:14:04 PM

I talked to them and the BFL orders are actually from April, I think they may have messed up the wording on that...
Factory

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:16:14 PM

I talked to them and the BFL orders are actually from April, I think they may have messed up the wording on that...

Ah. The original post reads as if they haven't even ordered yet. While the actual situation is better....BFL's track record of shipping still does not inspire confidence.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:29:31 PM

*grumbles in an old man voice* Back in my day, Havelock actually did a thorough check on users, their business model, and finances before hosting them on the Exchange...oh the times, they are a changin' ...

Anyway, I have no problem with establishing a mining fund for alt-coins. The concept is solid, but the execution..well..could be better. I'll dissect this one and rain down questions in a bit, same as what I did for the "Sandstorm" asset. Twice in one day..phew, this is rough Tongue

blackboy

Activity: 109
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:32:07 PM

So how do I know this is not a scam? Why should I trust you guys?

Resistance is futile. Embrace cryptocurrencies.
felente

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:44:35 PM

Back in my day...
I'll dissect this one and rain down questions in a bit, same as what I did for the "Sandstorm" asset. Twice in one day..phew, this is rough Tongue

lol (laugh of a good faith)
be not too strict to young's. give them a try - both Sandstrom and these Wink
pure criticism does help rarely, mentoring - mostly.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:11:04 PM

So are those added to the fund for free - or is some portion of the funds raised from IPO being taken in return for them?  If so, how much?
blackboy

Activity: 109
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:56:17 PM

Deprived, are these guys legit? How can I tell? I want to buy shares.

Resistance is futile. Embrace cryptocurrencies.
Slipage

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:17:42 AM

Registered the same day as the post always gives me alarm bells.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:18:19 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 10:12:07 PM by freedomno1

*grumbles in an old man voice* Back in my day, Havelock actually did a thorough check on users, their business model, and finances before hosting them on the Exchange...oh the times, they are a changin' ...

Anyway, I have no problem with establishing a mining fund for alt-coins. The concept is solid, but the execution..well..could be better. I'll dissect this one and rain down questions in a bit, same as what I did for the "Sandstorm" asset. Twice in one day..phew, this is rough Tongue

*grumbles in an old man voice*
Where is my walking stick to go harass a lightbox

That said an alt coin entity is interesting the BFL's well good luck similar to Korbman so not really an issue there just need to wait on a delivery.
That said it bugs me
According to TAT the order is from April however the wording clearly says plans of purchasing does that mean that some units have been ordered already.

PHM also has plans of purchasing 2 ASICS from BFL

Can I propose a shareholder motion to not order from BFL currently based on past history but to look at alternatives or is that too soon to propose a motion

Ordering now will in my opinion be a bad idea for investors right from the start due to the backlog and I would not want to have investors having an orderbook set for now.
http://bfl.ptz.ro/

To the questions

PHM will mine alt-coins, including, but not limited to, Litecoin, Terracoin, Freicoin and any currently profitable crypto-currency available. Our hashing power will be aimed at different coins depending on each coin’s potential profitability. These coins will be sold at market to maximize their value and convert them into Bitcoin for dividend payment. Funds raised will go towards the expansion of our mining operation.

Shareholders own all PHM mining equipment. Currently, PHM is GPU-mining Litecoins at approximately 2.4Mh/s. We have an established dedicated mining room, which is properly temperature-controlled and secured.

How is potential profitability deduced and can we see the units

Buyback Rights
The issuer has the right to buy back shares at any time at a price equal to 105% of the highest price seen during trading of the previous 7 days.

The highest price over the last seven days can you explain this one a bit more seems a bit too easy to manipulate I don't want to see another Sandstorm IPO share rise/drop

With that said due diligence on page 1 completed waits for some good questions from the usual suspects ^^
Welcome to the forums an IPO already that's intense

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:27:56 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 02:30:25 AM by Korbman

Ok!
If you are indeed a new account (not an alt of someone else), then let me start by saying welcome to the forums! It’s not often you see a legitimate account pop up who starts off their tenure on the forums by launching an IPO.

For those of you that read my other post, this will sound familiar (but still rings true). I respect the decisions made by Havelock administrators, even though I don’t necessarily agree with their decisions. I’m quite surprised by the recent changes, particularly by the astonishing lack of information recently perpetuated by Havelock administration and individuals looking to host their funds.

That said, this isn’t about Havelock, this is about PowerHashMining [PHM], so I’ll keep on topic.

As a forewarning, my responses may sound rude and/or condescending, but I assure you I don’t intend for them to come across that way! I imagine it as if you and I are sitting at a table and I’m asking these questions with more of an upbeat attitude. My goal here is to try and pry as much information as I can about what you’re trying to do. I am not alone in my skepticism, so this will be an opportunity to clear the air.

Generally speaking, the willingness of the OP to thoroughly answer any and all questions can be indicative of the effort they’re willing to put into their business.

Here we go…

Hello!
We are proud to announce the upcoming IPO of Power Hash Mining. On Monday, July 15th, we will release 300,000 shares to the public. [1]

PHM is dedicated to mining the latest crypto currencies while maximizing profits through choosing the best coins to mine and sell.

After our initial raise, we are hoping to add up to 50 mhash to our network [2] and further expand from there. Below is the official release information.

Official Asset Page: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=PHM
Mining stats and news will be listed on http://PowerHashMining.com when available.

Let this be the official thread for discussion and questions!

[1] – This is impressively short notice when we no really nothing about what you’re trying to do or who you are. Why Monday, July 15th, and why 300,000 shares?

[2]Hoping to add, or will add? In monetary terms, how much will it take to get up to 50MH/s? What equipment will you purchase?

PHM - Power Hash Mining

Power Hash Mining (herein referred to as PHM) is a unique, specialized alt-coin mining company that dynamically mines various alt-coins for maximum profit.

Shares
Each 1 share of PHM represents an equal share of the any net profits from mining and trading alt-coins.

Dividends
Shareholders will receive dividends weekly on each Wednesday. Dividends will be paid as 85% of the net profits earned after expenses. Mining expenses are Rent, Electricity, Replacement Parts, and Repair. Labour fees or time-consuming work will not be expensed and are covered by the 15% of profits being retained by the operators.

Coins will be converted to Bitcoin for dividend payments. Conversions will be done in a strategic fashion, to best maximize profits and minimally impact conversion rates.

Just to make sure I’m reading this correctly, whatever is generated within a week (Wednesday to Wednesday) is the revenue. From that amount, you will deduct all expenses for that week (rent, electricity, any replacement parts, and cover any repairs). [1]
From what’s left over, you will keep 15% as a “management fee”, distributing the rest as a dividend.

So we’re essentially purchasing the hardware for you…and giving you 15% (after expenses) just because “labor”? I can understand the expenses part, but 85% (after all expenses) is quite shallow given you’re asking for our coin.

[1]Bunch of questions here:
How much is rent per month?
How much is electricity per kWh?
How much power does your rig currently consume?
How much power will the fully developed rig consume?
How often do the GPUs break, and when they do what fails first?
How much do replacement parts cost?

IPO & Share Issuance
The initial public announcement will be on 7/12/13. This announcement will outline the plans and release dates for PHM. On 7/15/13 the initial public offering will be released at the Bitcoin equivalent value of $0.20 per share at the time of release.

Additional shares will be released in the future, for further expansion and growth. No set dates for these releases are planned at this time. After the initial IPO shares are sold and mining has started, we will assess when to announce and release additional shares. The price of newly issued shares will beset to the 7-day average price of the week prior. New shares will not be issued until any hardware purchased previously has been implemented and is mining.

So you will, without a doubt, dilute our shares in the future?

Mining
Shareholders own all PHM mining equipment. Currently, PHM is GPU-mining Litecoins at approximately 2.4Mh/s. We have an established dedicated mining room, which is properly temperature-controlled and secured. PHM also has plans of purchasing 2 ASICS from BFL. These include one Jalapeno and one 30Gh/s miner. These will provide about 35Gh/s toward mining Bitcoin directly.

The primary coin being mined will be Litecoin, but we may switch to other promising alt coins at will. Provisioning of hashing power can be spread to multiple currencies. During times when no alt-coins are more profitable than Bitcoin, the mining power can easily be moved to mine Bitcoin instead.

Just so I understand, should you sell the full 300,000 shares (valued at $0.20 each), you’re plan with the $60,000 is to purchase $1,600-ish worth in BFL gear, and push the remaining $58,400 in GPUs for alt-coin mining?

I don’t think I have a problem with that plan, I’d just like more detail on the GPUs. And why BFL? Why not splurge the extra $400 for a 100GH/s Mercury from KnC?

Buyback Rights

Voting Rights
Shareholders will be asked to vote upon decisions that affect shareholders as a whole or changes to this agreement. It is up to the discretion of PHM to determine the most profitable currency to mine.

Not sure I see any real problem here, though I could be overlooking something other forum members will point out. If anything, I suppose dilution will be a problem with voting rights, but that’s far down the line (supposedly).

Reserved Rights
The issuer reserves the following rights:
1. Make changes to this agreement, as long as it has the best interest of its shareholders in mind.
2. Create motions for changes to the business, contract, or strategy of the company.

Uhh…but you just said there’s voting rights? So shareholders get to vote “upon decisions that affect shareholders as a whole or changes to this agreement” ..but then you reserve the right to change it regardless?
Or are you saying that we can vote on the changes, but only you have the ability to implement the change?

Dissolution
In the event that mining becomes only marginally profitable or a losing effort, or an act of god causes such, PHM reserves the right to close the business. Existing hardware will be sold, and remaining funds will be distributed back to all shareholders as a special dividend. The owners of PHM cannot be held personally liable for any losses incurred due to investments.

This is guaranteed to happen. You haven’t specified how you plan to expand your operation, so I can only assume you’ll mine on 50MH/s until your hashing power is drowned out by larger or more efficient operations.

Disclaimer
It is our intention to try and provide our shareholders the most profitable return as possible. As with all investments, there is always a risk, so do not invest more than you can afford to lose in the worst-case scenario. The owners and representatives, either directly or via passthroughs are in no way liable for any losses incurred.

Pretty standard stuff.

Final thoughts:

With all honesty, I like the idea. Building up a large scrypt mining operation can certainly generate an income, but this investment is still quite risky.

After going over everything, here are my final questions to you:

-- Who are you? You joined today and yet you’re already asking for $60,000 worth of Bitcoins. In my experience, rarely has any offering fitting this pattern NOT been a scam. I’m not saying you fall in this category, I’m just saying it’s a bit odd, that’s all. Trust is a HUGE factor here..or at least to established members (newbies throw money at everything and anything).

-- Proof of Mining? Where are you currently mining now where we can see the 2.4MH/s in action? What GPUs are you currently using?

-- Financials? Do you have any financial and network models where you show where you think the network is going to go (for Litecoin or the other alt-coins)? As a potential investor, I want to see you do your due diligence on hashing speeds and how our hardware will ultimately benefit us in the end.

-- Your Investment? What are you putting into the fund? Anything other than the already established 2.4MH/s?

Bottom line here is TRANSPARENCY. Give us detail..so much detail that if we printed out each word we could literally swim in pages. Investors want to see what you're doing with their money down to the smallest detail. If you can do that, while providing a reasonable investment opportunity and managing your fund correctly, then I can assure you money won't be a problem in the future.

mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:39:31 AM

Korbman, I think your post is great since it teaches newbies what to look for in a bitcoin security. However, the poster is likely a scammer, and if not, is incompetent based on the poorly written IPO.  Only a fool would invest based on this prospectus and you know what they say about a fool and their bitcoins....
Slipage

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:15:26 AM

I agree with posters some information about you would be a good starting point, or how about a picture of this so called mining room for starts.

I have held respect for havelock I just hope this ipo is not their undoing .
talz0r

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:26:00 AM

Is this going to be sandstorm all over again? 100 000/300 000 shares per user seems moot.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:53:25 AM

Welcome to the forums! Launching an IPO is a good way to introduce yourself to the community and showcase your reputation.
Apocalyptic

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:15:21 AM

An excellent post Korban, hope it will teach fund managers how to write their IPO statement correctly. You should make some sticky post with general guidelines, it will have more visibility.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: