Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:42:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What tools to use for researching ICOs ?  (Read 233 times)
Dr0idGuru (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:44:41 AM

A friend was telling me that he used a script develop by him to look into Github and LinkedIn facts about the ICO.
I just usually look into the site.
What do you use to evaluate an ICO ?
BlockJohn

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:47:36 AM

I usually use Google trends and Github. I don't trust so much LinkedIn because I heard that there are fake profiles.

For instance for AppCoins that will open on wednesday:
   1) The AppCoins github is active, hundreds of commits: https://github.com/Aptoide/AppCoins-ethereumj
   32 If you go to Google trends, you can compare with other teams projects: https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=Ethereum,Aptoide,Kik

Aptoide (AppCoins promoter) is a known as Ethereum. For me is a "go", in this case.

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 09:08:27 AM

I usually use Google trends and Github. I don't trust so much LinkedIn because I heard that there are fake profiles.

For instance for AppCoins that will open on wednesday:
   1) The AppCoins github is active, hundreds of commits: https://github.com/Aptoide/AppCoins-ethereumj
   32 If you go to Google trends, you can compare with other teams projects: https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=Ethereum,Aptoide,Kik

Aptoide (AppCoins promoter) is a known as Ethereum. For me is a "go", in this case.

Do agreed with you on Linkedin, so many fake profiles flowing on around that space, when it comes to ICOs, it is until you digged deeper into the team to realised they are fake profiles,

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:39:39 AM

I will look at the updates and updates of the team's Github code, and then the team has a bad history, and there are a lot of factors.

Ealex

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:17:18 AM

A friend was telling me that he used a script develop by him to look into Github and LinkedIn facts about the ICO.
Check:
https://www.coindesk.com/chart-learn-explore-coindesk-launches-ico-tracking-tool/
astronaut.capital
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:22:20 AM

Sometimes I read little on ICOrating and ICOdrops they share some light on a newbie like me for new upcoming ICOs, are they good in what they do I can`t tell. But its a starting guideline (at least for me).

BlockJohn

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:54:05 AM

Check:
https://www.coindesk.com/chart-learn-explore-coindesk-launches-ico-tracking-tool/
astronaut.capital

Thanks! Nice hint.
donadoni212

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:35:59 AM

The tools I use to research the ICO is Google.
I was able to find all the information that I want to follow ICO, about products, markets, ranking, and team members.
examine the ICO is the best way for you to avoid scams.
read and keep reading

reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:49:24 AM

You dont usually need any tools to justify if the ICO is good or bad,we usually do the old way seraching in google is still the best.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:55:29 AM

the tools you can use is you brain to think, eyes to see and read, google to have a reference of them and lastly common sense . these are the real tools that you must you use in order to research and to find out whats behind those ico's that your not sure of. those ready made scripts that promises will automate the process for you are totatlly useless and worthless because they can lead you to wrong direction. also i see that theres a website that list all ico's whether its new or old though i forgot that name of the site, you can always google it in able for you to try out and see if that works for you.

ps: google is always your friend. dont ever waste your time on some unknown and unusuall method.
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 07:14:31 AM

Check:
astronaut.capital

Hey Dr0idGuru ,thanks for the good site, I was using some ICO rating and ICO tracker and ICObazaar sites from that I was getting some information about the particular project but with this I will get all details about that project.In this site we also can check out the CoinDesk ICO Tracker and check all rating about the ICO.

anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:17:57 AM

No need to have any tool, you just need to go to icoscanner.io to find out the best ICO projects. It's a website with the list of all ICO project with public deposit address only. From this website you also know which one is the good ICO project to invest in Cheesy. It's totally free and luckily I found this one few days ago hope this willl help Cheesy

tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:23:15 AM

To be honest if evaluating ico i do it manually, not tools or rating sites. I prefer to do my own research, ranging from witepaper, team background and market potential. Always  communicate in the announcement thread and ask in their social media group.

Sometimes feeling is also very helpful to make a choice.
rmred

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:28:35 AM

I look at the white paper, what the ico is trying to solve, its dev team, and its volume. I tend to stay away from ico's that offer 50% or more bonus.
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:37:09 AM

I do not use any tools. I usually do research manually and only invest in projects that have a well-known team and have some successful projects
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:58:11 PM

For searching the best ico i consider i always check their ann thread or what we call news their white paper thier team and the road map of their projects
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:40:59 AM

Yes, better use this site https://github.com/. I will also recommend you to make your own research looking for the information about the ICO team members not in Google only, but in Yahoo and Bing. You’d better spend more time than invest into the fake project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: