Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:50:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the best alt coin to start mining?  (Read 1035 times)
ahmadoo (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:00:57 AM

hi every one , after a long search and learning about mining , i decided to start mining for any of alt coins, but i need some help about which alt coin to start mining in, and what is the best setup to use in mining process.
please give me your help and advice me what to do according to your personal experience.
thanks a lot.
AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:34:36 PM

hi every one , after a long search and learning about mining , i decided to start mining for any of alt coins, but i need some help about which alt coin to start mining in, and what is the best setup to use in mining process.
please give me your help and advice me what to do according to your personal experience.
thanks a lot.
I am going to start mine and realized that the most correct solution for a beginner is to choose for litecoin, Zcash and etherium

GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:25:31 PM

Try to read up a bit more before you start asking questions. The topic is far to broad to just give you an answer.

There are a lot of topics that lay out ASIC VS GPU, Coins, Set-ups, etc.

You will surely get higher quality information if you look for it, rather than asking for it.

Always doubt.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:18:49 AM

Check out BiblePay, its a new coin that is CPU mining only!

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:00:34 AM

What coin to mine depends from your hardware
What gpu's you have or cpu's  how many compuers you can acces
Also you can check profits on whattomine

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
LePetiteChose

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:44:42 AM

Hey guy. Don't throw stones at me for my stupid questions. I'm a newbie , I'd like to start with mining . Since I haven't yet figured out what coin to choose I'd like to hear your advices. Also what to use GPU or CPU is more profitable.
dipakdas08

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:05:57 PM

try maggicoin (XMG) and verium(VRM).
both are cpu only mining coin.

BlomBaster

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:26:27 PM

I advise you to start with the etherium. This is the most common coin for mining on video cards and for this there are many manuals
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:32:00 PM

Hey guy. Don't throw stones at me for my stupid questions. I'm a newbie , I'd like to start with mining . Since I haven't yet figured out what coin to choose I'd like to hear your advices. Also what to use GPU or CPU is more profitable.
GPU of course is more profitable. But you can use both in some of rig's setup for maximum efficiency. For instance, with AMD Ryzen CPU you can mine Monero.
Good_Boy

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:35:37 PM

Use the site whattomine com, learn the question of overclocking graphics cards. Just watch a video about this
Fbo62

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:38:24 PM

try mining a new coin because it is easier to mine  Undecided
sasa0220

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:46:47 PM

I'm also new to mining and looking for a list of coins which can be mined with CPU
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:59:59 PM

thanks a lot.

For a beginner, Litecoin is the deal at the moment. I am also working towards mining LTC as well.
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:04:32 PM

thanks a lot.

I also began to understand nothing, I advise you to start trying to mine the ETC, you will understand what is general mining, and the coin has a huge future.
In the meantime, the classic will understand what's what.
It is most profitable to mine promising coins at the stage of launching, when no one knows anything about them, but you need to look for tutu yourself, nobody will help to not worsen your profit Smiley
iwosh

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:09:18 PM

If you have Nvidia graphic cards try Bitcore (BTX), which is pretty awesome, already worth the minning time + difficulty pretty acceptable now... and you can have free airdrop multiplying your balacne by 5% every monday!
LePetiteChose

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:11:53 AM

GPU of course is more profitable. But you can use both in some of rig's setup for maximum efficiency. For instance, with AMD Ryzen CPU you can mine Monero.
Thank you very much!
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:24:11 AM

Before starting the Altcoin mine. You must understand GPU Types, Like AMD or NVIDIA Card. Because of both GPU series have little Different in work to be mining. some AMD Cards is very good if play in ETHASH and some NVIDIA Card is very good if played in Equihash.
Actually, if you give a little time to read in this forum thread. You will find the same topic plus you get the solution.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:29:11 AM

I think the better option to start is GPU mining rather than plug and play with Asic miner. With GPU mining, at the starting, you could consider how to build a basic rig with common 6 GPUs for mining ETH (I think there're many resources for your references). When you're getting more experiences, you could come up with more GPUs rig, also some other altcoins as well. Learning process in building rig is quite funny.
JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:35:37 AM

Check out www.whattomine.com and look at what is the most profitable to mine for you if you want to cash out daily. And if you want to mine and hold the coins for a long time then you will have to do your research and check which coins could increase in price in the future. Personally I am mining UBIQ right now.
jhonnyp2

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:40:10 PM

Electronium,zcoin, ellaism, exp. It also depends on the type of GPUs you have? Nvidea and AMD seem to favor different ones.

http://fortune.com/2018/01/23/ethereum-price-mining-nvidia-amd-stock/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: