Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:48:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Faucets worth the time?  (Read 339 times)
Skeemc (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:02:19 PM

Hello guys new here and was just wondering about Faucets when I first dabbled in bitcoin it was around £180 and Faucets didn’t seem worth while at the time but now the price up BTC has risen a lot seems could be worth more of my time as it wasn’t in the past the time scale to earn 1BTc or half or Quarter would still be the sameness but the value would be a lot more what you guys think??
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:06:56 PM

Hello guys new here and was just wondering about Faucets when I first dabbled in bitcoin it was around £180 and Faucets didn’t seem worth while at the time but now the price up BTC has risen a lot seems could be worth more of my time as it wasn’t in the past the time scale to earn 1BTc or half or Quarter would still be the sameness but the value would be a lot more what you guys think??
With BTC price going seemingly up every satoshi is worth it but faucets take this thing quite seriously they seriously expend 10-12 sats for every job. But then comes another major problem that they don't allow you to withdraw small amounts. So you end up working for weeks and months without no real money.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:18:03 PM

They are never worth your time, no matter what the price of btc is. You are better of spending your time elsewhere, participate in signature campaigns or something, it is bound to get you more returns than whatever faucets might give you.

whynotBTC

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:51:04 PM

I agree with other comments dude. You can trade altcoins instead of faucets. Time and money under your control in this way.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:53:17 PM

With BTC price going seemingly up every satoshi is worth it but faucets take this thing quite seriously they seriously expend 10-12 sats for every job. But then comes another major problem that they don't allow you to withdraw small amounts. So you end up working for weeks and months without no real money.

If they ever let you withdraw..
If btc goes to 1 million+ then yeah maybe it would have been worth it in the end, but in general I don't think they are worth your time.
aanbudi

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:57:54 PM

No. From the first until now, the faucet always takes a long time to collect Bitcoin. And from my own experience, Faucet just wasted my time. Especially with the rising Bitcoin price now, the amount of Bitcoin gained is getting smaller.
kiky03

Activity: 305

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:00:03 PM

yeah right,faucet is very wasting my time and my earning from faucet is 0.
absolutely worth the time,better join bounty ico and airdrop.
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:11:45 PM

Faucets and free bit is not anymore profitable. It can't gain high numbers of money. When I first to use faucets, I realized that I am just wasting my time but I am not earning too much. It is better to study here in bitcointalk because if you will learn lot of things here for sure you can use it someday.

livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:19:13 PM

Faucets are not profitable, it's never worth your time. If you are doing faucets until now, I assure you that you're just wasting your time. If I were you, instead of doing bitcoin faucets, it's better to spend your time on signature campaigns, trading, and etc because these are one of the ways where you can earn a huge amount of bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
riddy09

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:20:40 PM

With the high BTC price, the faucets usually goes lower than 10 satoshi per claim. I've sought out the best ones as much as I can, but even looking for those higher claims still not worth the time.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 01:22:38 PM

Well, there were some faucets who used to pay 5 BTC per click back in 2010 and 2011 but as of the rewards are critically low as we know the reason. No one would keep $70K+ reward for a click on any faucet at this point and hence it is not a good idea to spend time on faucets considering the return on investment rate. However, if you have or if you can build a strong referral network on legitimate faucet site then you might be able to earn a good amount in that case.
Ranger9202

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:50:35 PM

Every post above says not worth it, I would argue otherwise. I've made over 0.5 in BTC commissions from faucets, just over 0.3 on freebitco.in alone. I have a tab open from freebitco.in for over 3 years now and will continue to do so. It doesn't cost me anything since I work from home on pc every day. Hey you might get lucky some day since they offer up to 200$ in btc  Cheesy
So yea, if you can get referrals, totally worth it. Otherwise, mining is far more profitable now more than ever before.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:32:39 PM

That is the only way to make profit from faucets, with BTC increasement. All you need to do is to store maximum satoshis as possible from faucets, doesn't matter if they price few dollars today, what we expect it's to see these few dollars in BTC growing their value when BTC price increases. Bitcoin is having great increasements in price in percentage, if it increases 100% your money will increase 100% as well, if it increases 1000%, the same (it already happened and those faucet users saving their money made a lot of profit easily, I believe it will happen again and again).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:33:31 PM

Every post above says not worth it, I would argue otherwise. I've made over 0.5 in BTC commissions from faucets, just over 0.3 on freebitco.in alone. I have a tab open from freebitco.in for over 3 years now and will continue to do so. It doesn't cost me anything since I work from home on pc every day. Hey you might get lucky some day since they offer up to 200$ in btc  Cheesy
So yea, if you can get referrals, totally worth it. Otherwise, mining is far more profitable now more than ever before.
Yeah, with help of referrals it's possible to earn solid amount of btc. But trying to claim from hundreds faucets alone is really not worth time.
That is the only way to make profit from faucets, with BTC increasement. All you need to do is to store maximum satoshis as possible from faucets, doesn't matter if they price few dollars today, what we expect it's to see these few dollars in BTC growing their value when BTC price increases. Bitcoin is having great increasements in price in percentage, if it increases 100% your money will increase 100% as well, if it increases 1000%, the same (it already happened and those faucet users saving their money made a lot of profit easily, I believe it will happen again and again).
You are absolutely right about it. I remember using faucets when btc was $200, then it was easy to claim lot free satoshi, lot of faucets were paying 1000 satoshi hourly. I'm happy that I hold these btc until now. It's really crazy price increasy in these few years, from $200 to $16000.

KCry

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:13:21 PM

Now .. FAUCETS & BTC ...  we say " you lost the train" too late for that , perhaps for other emerging coins future earns could worth the time..
Adam556

Activity: 953
Merit: 102

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 07:18:26 PM

I agree with this completely. Build up a good circle of referrals and you watch the Satoshi roll in without having to lift a finger. It is possible if you put in some hard work to get it up and running.

Also, I would say to all those mentioning the low payout rates - you are getting fewer Satoshi but the value is pretty much the same because of the huge rise in the price of bitcoin.

Just one example - bitcoin is worth approximately 36x what it was two years ago. A 1,000 sat claim then would be the equivalent of around 27 today, which some faucets do still pay (and you can find higher still). So don't be fooled into dreaming about the good old days - the cash value is roughly the same.

>> THECRYPTOADVISER.CO.UK - Crypto blog, guides, features & news <<
>> Freebitco.in - Win a LAMBO! Faucet, betting + EARN INTEREST on your BTC <<
>> Cointiply - high paying SURVEYS, BTC faucet, videos, Jackpot, PPC, PVP game soon <<
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: